ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics appointment Tier 1 questions

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Emmy281
Newly Registered
Canada

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent endorsed - query about endorsement letter and passport (for stage 2)

Post by Emmy281 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Hello,

I recently received my endorsement for an exceptional promise visa from the Science Bodies. I will be applying to switch from a Tier 2 visa to a Tier 1 visa. I am currently based in the UK.

1. The email reads 'Please find below your decision letter relating to your application for Exceptional Talent Endorsement' before following with a letter addressed to me (in the email text) saying that I have been endorsed. Can I confirm that there is no additional attachment - this email is what I need to sent with my Stage 2 application.

2. For stage 2 (the immigration application) will I need to submit my passport and previous Tier 2 visa? I have a conference outside of the country and am trying to decide when (within the 3 allowable months) to put through my application. My Tier 2 doesn't expire until the end of the year so that isn't an issue.

Thank you in advance!

Exception_Arch
Newly Registered
Mood:
Christmas Island

Re: Tier 1 Exceptional Talent endorsed - query about endorsement letter and passport (for stage 2)

Post by Exception_Arch » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:33 pm

Hi! I just received my endorsement from the arts council today! I also got an email without an attachment. I'm interested in this answer to question 1 as well!

Emmy281
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Tier 1 Exceptional Talent endorsed - query about endorsement letter and passport (for stage 2)

Post by Emmy281 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:47 am

Congratulations on your endorsement. So perhaps this is it - and one just makes a pdf of the email to submit during stage 2.

Exception_Arch
Newly Registered
Mood:
Christmas Island

Post by Exception_Arch » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:03 pm

Ah ok. That makes sense. Congrats to you too! Good luck with stage 2!

andrii_seleznov
Newly Registered

Post by andrii_seleznov » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Good afternoon,
Congratulations to both of you!
This is a great milestone in your lives.
I received my blog link removed by moderator but I must say that you will not be punished if you will just ask the person from Home Office about an attachment (in reply to the initial email).

It may be purely a tech fault or something like that but it must include a pdf version of the letter. The Endorsement Letter, which you must submit on stage 2, is an appropriate independent document on the Home Office headed paper. And it includes your personal information about visa application as well as information on your endorsement.

By the way, this letter also includes information about the next steps to do in order to get your visa. In my case, it was also stated that I had three months period to apply for stage 2.

That's why, please, get your Endorsement Letter and then you will be able to choose the most convenient day to attend your scientific conference as well as apply for your visa on time.
I believe it will be perfect to go to the conference using your Tier 2 visa for entry to the country and then - apply for stage 2 of your Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa. However, more details will be helpful to consider the solution.

I hope these thoughts are helpful to you.

Sincerely,
Andrii

Emmy281
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Emmy281 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:26 pm

Thank you! The email contained most of the information you mentioned and was set up as if it was the letter but it did seem odd that there was no separate attachment as well to print off. I have replied to the email to check.

fredprvn
Newly Registered

Post by fredprvn » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Emmy281 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:20 pm
Hello,

I recently received my endorsement for an exceptional promise visa from the Science Bodies. I will be applying to switch from a Tier 2 visa to a Tier 1 visa. I am currently based in the UK.

1. The email reads 'Please find below your decision letter relating to your application for Exceptional Talent Endorsement' before following with a letter addressed to me (in the email text) saying that I have been endorsed. Can I confirm that there is no additional attachment - this email is what I need to sent with my Stage 2 application.

2. For stage 2 (the immigration application) will I need to submit my passport and previous Tier 2 visa? I have a conference outside of the country and am trying to decide when (within the 3 allowable months) to put through my application. My Tier 2 doesn't expire until the end of the year so that isn't an issue.

Thank you in advance!
Emmy,

I have submitted my stage 2 (after gettign my endorsment) in the first week of january 2020 (inside UK) switched from Tier 2 to Tier 1 via normal service. and I've got my new BRP in hand after a week.

You just save that endorsment letter from Home Office Atlas email as a PDF and that's it. There would be no attachement. I have asked the same question from Exceptional Talent Endorsements and below was their reply.
The email that you have recieved, is your confirmation of endorsement and there is not a separate letter. You need to attach this to your stage 2 visa application.

Previously a separate letter was sent but following on from changes to the application platform the process has been incorporated into the email that you received.

Please go ahead with your stage 2 application as soon as possible, as you only have 3 months from the date of that email to apply.
NOTE: If you apply for 5 years, you get a decision letter indicating the full 5 years BUT your BRP shows VALID UNTIL 31-Dec-2024. Why? Again I asked them and here the answer. This is required by the EU to restrict BRPs which do not incorporate the next generation of encryption technology to a validity of 31/12/2024. They will replace it for you if still rightfully have it on 01-July-2024.

Any question re T1 Exceptional Talent, I would be happy to help.

Good luck!
Fred

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:07 pm

It is not replaced "for you". The migrant has to APPLY for a brp card renewal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fredprvn
Newly Registered

Post by fredprvn » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:07 pm
It is not replaced "for you". The migrant has to APPLY for a brp card renewal.
Technically, you need to email them if there is any mismatch/error/problem on your BRP. Refer to your decision letter and there is a link for possible errors on the BRP.

Ok to make the BRP Valid date crystal clear, yes you need to APPLY for a replacement. Here is what Home Office suggested:
We advise the Permit Holder to consult the website for current procedures 6 months prior to the expiry of the BRP.
Fred

Emmy281
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Emmy281 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:28 pm

Dear Fred,

Thank you so much! That's brilliant. Thank you also about the note about the BRP. That saves me a follow-up question. I did ask for the full five years and am also moving from a Tier 2 to a Tier 1. I got my endorsement mid January and completed stage 2 online but my biometrics appointment isn't until mid February (still within the 3 months) but I wish I could have got something sooner. I paid for the standard service and then paid for an appointment as they had no free appointments at my local centre. That's great that your process was so speedy - it gives me hope that I might have this visa in hand sooner rather than later. Emmy

Emmy281
Newly Registered
Canada

Biometrics appointment Tier 1 questions

Post by Emmy281 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:23 pm

Hello,

I have some follow up questions and would appreciate any help. I received my endorsement from the Science Bodies (British Academy) in January. I am applying from within the UK.

For my biometrics appointment my essential items are 1) my passport 2) my letter of endorsement 3) my BRP which I will bring to my appointment alongside my proof of appointment/payment.

1. They also say that you can bring additional items (ie. optional). For this route do you think the essential items are sufficient?

2. My biometrics appointment (which I paid for as there were no free ones in my area) is in mid February. I haven't yet uploaded my documents (above) to UKVcas. The website implied that this was optional and that if needed I could get my items scanned at the appointment. Has anyone done this? Or is it best to upload them beforehand?

3. Should I bring a copy of my application with me as well? It doesn't say this is necessary.

4. Any advice on the biometrics appointment - I will be getting mine done at a local library and it says to arrive 15 minutes beforehand but there isn't any additional advice.

5. I paid for standard service. Should I expect (if everything goes well) to have my Tier 1 within 8 weeks.

Thank you,

Emmy