ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can recommendation letter be from anyone?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PineappleThief
Newly Registered
Australia

Can recommendation letter be from anyone?

Post by PineappleThief » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:37 am

Hello,

My question is in reference to the 2 key recommendation letters (digital tech, but interested to hear from all pathways)

Can the recommendation letter be from a friend or relative who's in an acceptable position (i.e. professor, CEO, etc) but didn't teach you or you didn't do a job for them?

The guidelines ask you to state in what capacity does the recommender know you, however it doesn't mention that they must know you in a professional way.

Thanks!

np_7777
Newly Registered
India

Re: Can recommendation letter be from anyone?

Post by np_7777 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:36 am

Since the endorsement is for your professional or academic excellence, the reference letters should come from professional contacts, shouldn't it ?

Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Can recommendation letter be from anyone?

Post by 789234 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:50 pm

When I applied, I only used letters of recommendation from people who knew me professionally and from the UK for the two main ones. Hope this helps and good luck!