ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Digital Signatures for recommendation letter

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ATDI
Newly Registered
India

Recommendation Letters Tech Nation

Post by ATDI » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:26 am

Hi,

Can someone help me regarding the Exceptional Talent visa in the Digital Technology domain?

Is there a page limit for the recommendation letters? (The site declares the page limit for supporting documents as 2 pages max but there is nothing mentioned about the recos).

In case there is a page limit, does this page limit include the referees profile also? Or is that a separate document?

Thanks

rmoore
India

Re: Recommendation Letters Tech Nation

Post by rmoore » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:41 pm

References should be no more than 2 pages.

ATDI
Newly Registered
India

Post by ATDI » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks @rmoore. Do the 2 pages include the bio data of the person giving the reco?

rmoore
India

Post by rmoore » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:56 am

Yes everything should be within two pages.

ATDI
Newly Registered
India

Post by ATDI » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:03 pm

Thanks @rmoore

ATDI
Newly Registered
India

Digital Signatures for recommendation letter

Post by ATDI » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:19 am

One of the referees who is signing my reco is on a holiday for 6 weeks and traveling outside UK. Can I get my reco signed thru his digital signatures in his office? The guidance says this can be done only in "exceptional circumstance". Are these considered "exceptional circumstances"?

marcnath

Re: Digital Signatures for recommendation letter

Post by marcnath » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:43 pm

ATDI wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:19 am
One of the referees who is signing my reco is on a holiday for 6 weeks and traveling outside UK. Can I get my reco signed thru his digital signatures in his office? The guidance says this can be done only in "exceptional circumstance". Are these considered "exceptional circumstances"?
I did provide a reco letter for an applicant electronically (signed it in PDF). It was accepted. Not sure if that is the digital signature you had in mind
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ATDI
Newly Registered
India

Post by ATDI » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Thanks @marcnath. Yes, that is the digital signature I am referring to. Did he have to give an explanation about why the original signatures have not been provided?

presidentialiq
Newly Registered

Post by presidentialiq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:13 am

ATDI wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:26 am
Hi,

Can someone help me regarding the Exceptional Talent visa in the Digital Technology domain?

Is there a page limit for the recommendation letters? (The site declares the page limit for supporting documents as 2 pages max but there is nothing mentioned about the recos).

In case there is a page limit, does this page limit include the referees profile also? Or is that a separate document?

Thanks

Hi, am a successful applicant and Yes the recommendation should not be more than 2 A4 papers BUT that does not include the author's CV. The letter itself should not be more than 2 A4 papers but their CV, or LinkedIn profile printout is not part of the 2 A4 papers. That is separate and is not counted as part of the document page count.

Am talking from my own experience.

You can read my detailed blogpost on how I got endorsed here personal blog weblink removed by moderator

All the best.

presidentialiq
Newly Registered

Post by presidentialiq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:17 am

ATDI wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:59 pm
Thanks @marcnath. Yes, that is the digital signature I am referring to. Did he have to give an explanation about why the original signatures have not been provided?
Hi ATDI, I don't think there is a need to explain why the letters were not signed with real pen.

When I applied, I was in Nigeria and most of the letters I got were from businesses and clients in the UK and US - So, majority of them needed to be electronically signed.

Tech Nation or any other competent body understands this hence why somewhere in the guide, they said something like "Electronic signatures are accepted in certain situations"

All the best!

rajankashyap
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajankashyap » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:35 am

Does the recommendation letter have to be on a letterhead? Can the recommendation on a plain paper and signed but the email given is official email? I know the best thing is letterhead but is there any alternative?

Utsav123
BANNED
India

Post by Utsav123 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:44 pm

There is no alternative. Recommendation letters have to be on letterheaded paper.

hsriram8
Newly Registered

Post by hsriram8 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:29 pm

Hi, The companies I have worked for - do not provide recommendation letters on letterhead.
Are you saying my letters of recommendation won't be accepted ?

Bhor
BANNED
India

Post by Bhor » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:19 pm

Recos have to be on letterhead paper.