ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does a senior lecturer qualify for the Global Talent visa endorsement under route 1?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gee2020
Newly Registered

Does a senior lecturer qualify for the Global Talent visa endorsement under route 1?

Post by Gee2020 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been offered a new position as a senior lecturer at a UK university. So I am thinking of applying for Global Talent visa endorsement through route 1 “Academic and research appointments” via Royal Society.
Instructions on their website did not list senior lecturer as one of the senior academic appointments. So I am worried about whether I should apply through this route 1. Please can you advise me on what to do? Has anybody got an endorsement via route 1 as a senior lecturer?

Thanks

ivis12
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Does a senior lecturer qualify for the Global Talent visa endorsement under route 1?

Post by ivis12 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:01 pm

You are eligible as long as the University is listed in the Royal Society list. For the safe side, try global talent exceptional promise instead of global exceptional talent,

shan1403
Pakistan

Re: Does a senior lecturer qualify for the Global Talent visa endorsement under route 1?

Post by shan1403 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm

Hi,

Yes, IMHO, Sr. Lecturer UK offer letter is 100% acceptable for GTV. Apply for Promised and a week decision and you will get the endorsement. Make sure that the institute is on Royal Society approved list. Rest all will be OK.

Best of luck.

Gee2020 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:51 pm
Hi everyone,

I have been offered a new position as a senior lecturer at a UK university. So I am thinking of applying for Global Talent visa endorsement through route 1 “Academic and research appointments” via Royal Society.
Instructions on their website did not list senior lecturer as one of the senior academic appointments. So I am worried about whether I should apply through this route 1. Please can you advise me on what to do? Has anybody got an endorsement via route 1 as a senior lecturer?

Thanks

Gee2020
Newly Registered

Post by Gee2020 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:36 pm

Thanks to ivis12, shan1403, and everyone for your response.

I opted to apply for GTV exceptional promise via route 4 - peer review. I applied for stage 1 on 30th August, I received endorsement from the Royal Society on 27th September and stage 2 was approved on 30th September.

Many thanks for your support. Good luck to everyone applying for the GTV.

harry1oo1oo1
Newly Registered

Post by harry1oo1oo1 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi,
I was offered a senior lecturer and I want to apply for the GT visa. Could you please tell me the process for apply this? Do I need some support from the HR or I can do it my self?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Jason

Gee2020 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:36 pm

I opted to apply for GTV exceptional promise via route 4 - peer review. I applied for stage 1 on 30th August, I received endorsement from the Royal Society on 27th September and stage 2 was approved on 30th September.

harry1oo1oo1
Newly Registered

Post by harry1oo1oo1 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:29 pm

Could you please tell me that why you did not choose route 1?

Kind regards,
Jason
harry1oo1oo1 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:50 pm
Hi,
I was offered a senior lecturer and I want to apply for the GT visa. Could you please tell me the process for apply this? Do I need some support from the HR or I can do it my self?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Jason

Gee2020 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:36 pm