ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceptional talent to ILR - potential issues

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AlexW
Newly Registered

Exceptional talent to ILR - potential issues

Post by AlexW » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi all,

On this forum quite a lot of people were asking if we can combine Tier 2 general with Tier 1 exceptional talent to hit 3 year rule and the answer is pretty clear - yes we can!

However, I am curious about other requirements-
(i) During his most recent period of leave as a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant, the applicant has earned money in the UK as a result of employment or self-employment in his expert field as previously endorsed by a Designated Competent Body; and (ii) That Designated Competent Body has not withdrawn its endorsement of the applicant.

When we say most recent period - what is the reasonable length of this period? How long one need to be employed on Tier 1 visa to satisfy this requirement?

Thank you!

WRWR
Russia

Re: Exceptional talent to ILR - potential issues

Post by WRWR » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:33 pm

Just get one more monthly salary payment from your current employer confirmed by payslip, and you should be fine.

AlexW
Newly Registered

Post by AlexW » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:02 pm

Thank you. Do you know by any chance where I may find a bit more information on this? Any documents from HomeOffice? It sounds so great that it is hard to believe! Thanks!

WRWR
Russia

Post by WRWR » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:08 am

It looks like there is no information except the official guide.

My immigration advisor made an inquiry about similar case regarding to duration of "most recent period" and amount of "earned money". There are no extra hidden requirements.

I think it makes sense. Why would HO put more barriers for T1 (ET) recipients?