ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Film and TV

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

humanthecat
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Film and TV

Post by humanthecat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:17 pm

Hello all,

I hope you all have a good weekend and not worried about visa for a second...

I am wondering is there any film and TV professionals here who have successfully applied for Tier 1 exceptional talent visa? I am a little desperate after finding out film and TV people cannot apply for "promise talent"... that makes things really difficult...

I have worked in a film that is now going to some notable film festivals as a crucial member. The film has not achieved something as big as Golden Globe/BAFTA awards yet so I the only possible criteria the film might fit in is as follow...

"demonstrate notable industry recognition by providing evidence of:
*international distribution sales and recognition, and;
*having achieved one of the following combinations:
won a minimum of two,
won one, and, within the last six years before the date of application, have been nominated for another,
within the last six years before the date of application, have been nominated for a minimum of three, or
within the last three years before the date of application, made a significant and direct contribution to winning two, or being nominated for a minimum of three of the awards in the Notable Industry Recognition Awards list published below."

When it says "providing evidence of international distribution sales and recognition", does it mean the film or it must be myself as an individual? What I am trying to prove is I have "made a significant and direct contribution to winning two, or being nominated for a minimum of three of the awards in the Notable Industry Recognition Awards list published below."... so I wonder if I am not the director but a crucial team member, could it still be possible for me to try this route..?

Thank you guys....

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Film and TV

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:24 pm

Hello

I think the keyword for this type of visa is "exceptional". If you had a key role in an exceptional/major production, you are more likely to qualify than if it was a minor role in a small production.

For the television, I think the endorsing body is these guys (Producers Alliance):

http://www.pact.co.uk

You may want to get in touch with them if they would endorse your work/contribution for the purpose of that visa.