ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV stage II

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

luis_00900
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

GTV stage II

Post by luis_00900 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:04 pm

Hello Respected Members and Moderators.

Recently I received the endorsement letter of stage 1 for Global talent visa. Now I am going to stage two. Currently, I have a three years' tier2 work visa since last July. I want to switch the tier2 visa to Global talent visa. And then I want to apply for ILR. My questions are:

1. How many year's GLV should I apply for if I want to apply for ILR? I know that the time of tier 2 and GLV will be calculated to apply for the ILR. So according to the calculation, I can apply for the ILR on July 2023 already. So do I need to just apply for a three-year's GLV (from 03.2021 to 03.2024)? Can I even apply for a shorter GLV?

2. If I apply for a 5-year GLV, can I also apply for ILR after three years, or should I wait until the 5 year GLV expires?

3. For questions 1 and 2, if I have a 3/5 year GLV, how is the time counted? From July 2020 to July 2023/2025 or from March 2021 to March 2024/2026?

4. If I switch the visa to GLV, I need to pay IHS. Can this fee be refunded, because I have already paid for IHS in my tier2 visa application? If yes, how much will the fee be refunded? Because there is an IHS cost increase since last October.

5. Do you suggest my dependant also apply for a visa with me together? She is currently not in the UK and doesn't have a visa yet.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sincerely,
Luis

luis_00900
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Re: GTV stage II

Post by luis_00900 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:01 pm

Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot. :)

luis_00900
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by luis_00900 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:38 pm

Can anybody help me?

show123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by show123 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:12 am

Hi Luis_00900
Congrats on your endorsement.
1. It depends on your endorser: If your endorsement is from Royal Society, RAEng or British Academy, you need 3 years for ILR but 5 years if other endorsers. So, calculate how long you have spent on Tier 2 and add how many months left on GTV… e.g if you had 9 year on Tier 2, you will add 2 years and 3 months more on GTV to be eligible for ILR.
2. This depends on the answer to point 1.
3. Point 1 answers it
4. I have no idea on this.
5. Sort our your application and your dependant can be added/apply to join you anytime.

luis_00900
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by luis_00900 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Thanks a lot! I am endorsed by UKRI. May I ask, how long do I need to apply for ILR?

luis_00900
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by luis_00900 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:20 pm

Hello everyone,

I just checked the following document on page44.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 4.0ext.pdf

It says that:

Eligibility requirement - Continuous period
The continuous period varies depending on a migrant’s specific circumstances. The
applicant must have spent a continuous period of:
• 3 years lawfully in the UK, if:
o they were endorsed by The Royal Society, The Royal Academy of
Engineering or The British Academy criteria or UK Research and Innovation
(UKRI)
o they were endorsed under the exceptional talent criteria by Arts Council
England or Tech Nation
• 5 years lawfully in the UK, if they were endorsed under the exceptional promise
criteria by Arts Council England or Tech Nation

So I think I can apply for ILR after three years.

Sincerely,
Luis

luis_00900
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by luis_00900 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:26 pm

I have another question, which is a little bit urgent. If I apply for a three-year GTV, which will expire on March 2024. Because I have a tier2 visa since July, 2020. So I might be able to apply for the ILR in July, 2023. But I read some documents, which said that:

You must also:
1. have spent no more than 180 days outside the UK in any 12 month period (known as continuous residence)
2. still be endorsed by the organisation that gave you the letter of endorsement to get a visa
3. still be doing paid work in the field you came to the UK to work in

My current contract/grant will end in July/2023. Do I need to have another contract/grant after July 2023, so that I can apply for the ILR? What does " still be endorsed by the organisation that gave you the letter of endorsement to get a visa" mean?

Sincerely,
Luis

luis_00900
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by luis_00900 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:49 pm

Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot

luis_00900
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by luis_00900 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:13 am

luis_00900
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by luis_00900 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:19 pm

fredprvn
Newly Registered

Post by fredprvn » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:52 pm

luis_00900 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:26 pm
I have another question, which is a little bit urgent. If I apply for a three-year GTV, which will expire on March 2024. Because I have a tier2 visa since July, 2020. So I might be able to apply for the ILR in July, 2023. But I read some documents, which said that:

You must also:
1. have spent no more than 180 days outside the UK in any 12 month period (known as continuous residence)
2. still be endorsed by the organisation that gave you the letter of endorsement to get a visa

My current contract/grant will end in July/2023. Do I need to have another contract/grant after July 2023, so that I can apply for the ILR? What does " still be endorsed by the organisation that gave you the letter of endorsement to get a visa" mean?

Sincerely,
Luis
That means your endorsement body should still be in the same position to support their initial endorsement for you. Meaning you should be still contributing/working in the same field for which you applied.

Depends on your 3 or 5 year route, your Tier 2 Migrant leave will count towards your current leave.

Good luck,
Fred

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue May 11, 2021 9:44 am

fredprvn wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:52 pm
luis_00900 wrote:

You must also:

Sincerely,
Luis
That means your endorsement body should still be in the same position to support their initial endorsement for you. Meaning you should be still contributing/working in the same field for which you applied.

Depends on your 3 or 5 year route, your Tier 2 Migrant leave will count towards your current leave.

Good luck,
Fred
I disagree with your view that you still must be actively contributing in the same field.

All that is required for settlement is that you should have earned money in the UK in the field in which you were initially endorsed. There is no minimum earnings to satisfy this criterion.

The endorsement requirement just say that the original endorsing body has not withdrawn your endorsement in the meantime. That is all. The Home Office shall not go through the process of checking whether your current research still meet the criteria that qualified you for the initial endorsement. You are free to work or not work in your field of expertise, as long as you have earned some money in the period of your last GTV validity.

fredprvn
Newly Registered

Post by fredprvn » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:40 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:44 am
fredprvn wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:52 pm
luis_00900 wrote:

You must also:

Sincerely,
Luis

Good luck,
Fred
I disagree with your view that you still must be actively contributing in the same field.

All that is required for settlement is that you should have earned money in the UK in the field in which you were initially endorsed. There is no minimum earnings to satisfy this criterion.

The endorsement requirement just say that the original endorsing body has not withdrawn your endorsement in the meantime. That is all. The Home Office shall not go through the process of checking whether your current research still meet the criteria that qualified you for the initial endorsement. You are free to work or not work in your field of expertise, as long as you have earned some money in the period of your last GTV validity.
This is misleading. You MUST earn money in the UK as a result of your employment or self employment in the expert field for which you are endorsed by a Designated Competent Body. See below actual documents that Home Office needs in the ILR application.

1. Letter from employer or institution on official headed paper confirming you have earned money in your expert field

or

2. A contract of service or work between you and your UK employer or UK institution which indicates the field of work he has undertaken or a letter from a UK employer or UK institution on its official headed paper, confirming that you have earned money in an expert field.

or

3. Evidence you have earned money in the UK as a result of your employment or self employment in the expert field for which you are endorsed by a Designated Competent Body.

All the best,
F

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:31 pm

No. It is not misleading. One of the requirements for the ILR application is to prove that you have earned money linked to your expert field at some point during your last grant of leave.

Quoting relevant UKVI criterion from your post,

"You MUST earn money in the UK as a result of your employment or self employment in the expert field for which you are endorsed by a Designated Competent Body. See below actual documents that Home Office needs in the ILR application.

1. Letter from employer or institution on official headed paper confirming you have earned money in your expert field"

You will be eligible for ILR even in the following extreme scenario:

1. Worked in your expert field & earned a salary for just one month after getting your GTV BRP.
2. Get a letter stating the topic of your research & salary on your (research/higher-education) employer's official stationery.
3. Change jobs. Go & work in a totally unconnected field a corporate, become an uber driver or a deliveroo person or whatever, for the next 2 years and 11 months.
4. Apply for ILR, and specifically provide the letter from the former research-based employer.