ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV via peer review, Royal Society

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

furusato
Newly Registered
Japan

GTV via peer review, Royal Society

Post by furusato » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:33 am

Hello all! I'm a clinical researcher, getting ready for a GTV via the peer review route (exceptional promise).

I couldn't find much information on those who applied for medicine so I'm hoping to hear some experiences.

Some questions I have are:
1. Are the CV/PS/letter enough for endorsement, or is it better to submit more evidence? If so what kind?
(I see on other fields that people may submit more than one letters, or provide evidence of awards/jobs/etc... in the medical peer review one this isn't stated as a requirement, but I wonder if it helps or is expected of.)

2. Do we need to post the actual letter/CV, or can they be sent online?
(It says the address will be shown after application and payment, and the letter should be sent within 15 days. If the actual paper has to be sent, I need to have the 'eminent person' mail me the letter before I apply so I can send it to the Home Office in time. Snail mail can be quite unreliable...)

3. Documents in foreign language: official translation or rewriting in English?
(I know that non-English documents should be translated by a designated translator (such as proofs of awards, qualification, etc). As an alternative, I am thinking of asking the organisation who awarded me to rewrite an original document in English, instead of going through the translation process. Because official translation can be expensive and also many times mistaken. Is this an appropriate alternative?)

Any input would be appreciated ;) thank you in advance.

Srijon07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: GTV via peer review, Royal Society

Post by Srijon07 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:13 am

Hi Furusato

I have recently been endorsed by the Royal Society and got the GTV. I hope, my answers will be useful!

1. Yes, submit more evidence. For example, postdoctoral job offer letter along with job descriptions, PhD certificate, Substantial Scholarship/Fellowship award letter, etc.
Combine similar documents into one PDF, for example, all your scholarships/ fellowship letters in one PDF. Give all your documents a simple name, e.g., Letter_1_Recommendation, Evidence_1_Job_offers, Evidence_2_Scholarships.

2. You will send them by email. They will give you an email address, not a postal address.

3. Rewriting is absolutely fine as long as the document is authentic and verifiable.

furusato
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by furusato » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:28 pm

Dear Srijon07,

Congratulations on your endorsement!!
And thank you so much for your reply; I appreciate it so much.

I had only prepared the required letter and CV, so your experience is so helpful. My award letter/certificate is in Japanese, so I have sent emails asking for English versions of it.

If there's any other evidence that could help, it would be greatly appreciated ;)

Srijon07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Srijon07 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:42 pm

Dear Furusato

CV, Personal statement and Recommendation could be enough, but you must understand the peer review process is a competitive one, and depending on who is reviewing your application the outcome can slightly vary (although the Royal Society tries to maintain an equal standard). Therefore, it is important you strengthen your application with relevant evidence. You should highlight most of your postgraduate and post-doctoral achievements. Providing as much as, does not mean you add irrelevant things, such as, a prize that you got in your teenage or school life that has nothing to do with your current professional life.

In simple words, use your judgment and add documents accordingly.

furusato
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by furusato » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Dear Srijon07,

Thank you again for clarifying my concerns. It makes sense that more evidence is better but also the quality and purpose of each evidence is essential.

Thank you!! I can now proceed in collecting a few more documents before submission.

Wish me luck everyone :)