ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Stage 2 Application for Exceptional Promise

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

billthoven
Newly Registered

Help with Stage 2 Application for Exceptional Promise

Post by billthoven » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Dear Immigration Board,

I have recently received my Tier 1 Endorsement from Arts Council England, but am having a terrible time actually filling out the Visa Application for Stage 2.

I am using the application form on https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

I am completely stuck at the BRP Collection Locator Prompt, unable to pay, or change any previous information I've put in. The page is only letting me choose a BRP Collector in Brighton, UK -- and not in the United States where I am applying from!

Does anyone know who I can get in contact with, or if I am misunderstanding something -- for example do I get the BRP here, and then bring it to Brighton in the UK when I arrive? (!?).... I can only find 1.37 pay numbers, and have not had the e-mail I sent replied to. Clock is ticking...

Not sure if anyone can help, but suggestions welcome.

chechoacg
Newly Registered

Re: Help with Stage 2 Application for Exceptional Promise

Post by chechoacg » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Hello Billthoven, hope you managed to fill the application for Stage 2. I was wondering if I could ask you a question now that you have completed stage 1 for the Tier 1 with the arts council. How long did it take to get the endorsement? Did the UKVI or Arts Council emailed you or confirmed you that applied for the endorsement after you sent the documents?? Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:09 pm

chechoacg wrote:Hello Billthoven, hope you managed to fill the application for Stage 2. I was wondering if I could ask you a question now that you have completed stage 1 for the Tier 1 with the arts council. How long did it take to get the endorsement? Did the UKVI or Arts Council emailed you or confirmed you that applied for the endorsement after you sent the documents?? Thanks
This member only posted once and hasn't visited the forum since Wed Aug 24, 2016
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aseleznov
Newly Registered

Post by aseleznov » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:35 pm

BRP Collection Point is only in the UK, you cannot receive your Biometric Residence Permit abroad. In general, this Points are the Post Offices.
Hence, after receiving a vignette into your travel document you must come to the UK in a period of one month and collect your BRP. The dates when it will be ready, you will find in supporting letter with your travel document after applying to Stage 2.
billthoven wrote:Dear Immigration Board,

I have recently received my Tier 1 Endorsement from Arts Council England, but am having a terrible time actually filling out the Visa Application for Stage 2.

I am using the application form on https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

I am completely stuck at the BRP Collection Locator Prompt, unable to pay, or change any previous information I've put in. The page is only letting me choose a BRP Collector in Brighton, UK -- and not in the United States where I am applying from!

Does anyone know who I can get in contact with, or if I am misunderstanding something -- for example do I get the BRP here, and then bring it to Brighton in the UK when I arrive? (!?).... I can only find 1.37 pay numbers, and have not had the e-mail I sent replied to. Clock is ticking...

Not sure if anyone can help, but suggestions welcome.