ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR document checklist

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Durbzzz
United States of America

ILR document checklist

Post by Durbzzz » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi, I have a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa that is now the Global Talent visa. I’m struggling to find a definitive checklist of documents I need to submit. I have the following. Can anyone let me know if I left anything out.

1. Filled out application form.
2. 12 months payslips
3. Passed Life in UK test
4. English is my first language and I have a degree from a US university.
5. Passport
6. BRP

Do I include anything else?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: ILR document checklist

Post by manci » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:24 pm

Your list is incomplete. Refer to the guidance (p7 onwards for supporting documents):
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Durbzzz
United States of America

Post by Durbzzz » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:05 pm

Thanks so much, exactly what I was looking for. With regards to point below. I am a director of a LLC. Does the point below apply to me? Should I type a letter on the company letterhead detailing the work I did?
25. Whichever type of employment you have undertaken, you will need to provide additional documents to show the money was earned as a result of work in your expert field. You will also have to explain why the work you have carried out is relevant to your expert field. The documents required are:
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Policy Guidance version 02/2020 - Page 8 of 17

• A contract of service or work between you and a UK employer/institution which indicates the field of work you have undertaken; or
• A letter on the UK employer/institution’s official headed paper confirming that you have earned money in your expert field.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:39 pm

Durbzzz wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:05 pm
Thanks so much, exactly what I was looking for. With regards to point below. I am a director of a LLC. Does the point below apply to me? Should I type a letter on the company letterhead detailing the work I did?
25. Whichever type of employment you have undertaken, you will need to provide additional documents to show the money was earned as a result of work in your expert field. You will also have to explain why the work you have carried out is relevant to your expert field. The documents required are:
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Policy Guidance version 02/2020 - Page 8 of 17

• A contract of service or work between you and a UK employer/institution which indicates the field of work you have undertaken; or
• A letter on the UK employer/institution’s official headed paper confirming that you have earned money in your expert field.
"Whichever type of employment you have undertaken" is quite clear. Is there some reason you think you are exempted?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Durbzzz
United States of America

Post by Durbzzz » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:45 pm

No, I don’t think I’m exempt. But I want to know, as a director of a startup, what type of document will suffice? A letter outlining the work?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:15 pm

Durbzzz wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:45 pm
No, I don’t think I’m exempt. But I want to know, as a director of a startup, what type of document will suffice? A letter outlining the work?
Unfortunately there are no standard templates.

You would try the guidance closely. It is not about the work you did rather it is about "why the work you have carried out is relevant to your expert field".

I am assuming that you have a specific Talent that was used as the basis for your visa application. And that talent was used in your employment. While you definitely need some skills to be a Director, I would be surprised if you were awarded your visa on those skills.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.