ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is travel permitted prior to window for BRP collection on Australian passport

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

digger74
Newly Registered
Australia

Is travel permitted prior to window for BRP collection on Australian passport

Post by digger74 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:53 am

Hello
I hold an Australian passport and am permitted to travel into the UK without a prior visa and can use the egates.

Now I have the tier1 visa approved but it is future dated (in April) and I have a 1-month window during which I can collect the BRP.

So the question is whether I am permitted to travel into the UK before the April window opens and will there be any hassle at immigration I should be aware of.

This would be similar to anyone on say an EU / EEA passport and approved for a similar visa.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is travel permitted prior to window for BRP collection on Australian passport

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:54 pm

This would be similar to anyone on say an EU / EEA passport and approved for a similar visa.
These do not require any visa to be in the UK.

Are you planning to travel for a short visit only or to live over and stay??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

digger74
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Is travel permitted prior to window for BRP collection on Australian passport

Post by digger74 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:54 pm
These do not require any visa to be in the UK.

Are you planning to travel for a short visit only or to live over and stay??
Short visits of a couple of days - business trips.

Do I need to carry the letter with the Tier-1 visa approval confirmed on it? Normally I take the e-gates but I wonder if the system will detect the other visa and send me to the ‘manual’ queue?