ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name of work permit

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Name of work permit

Post by V_i_k_i » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:00 pm

Hi all,

I found out that many employers are unaware of ET work permit and that may cause problems for us talents. When I stated that I have a permit for 5 years, they still refused me because they thought they need to provide me with a new sponsorship before taking me on board!

The question they ask - "Are you on a Visa?" Well, I AM on a Visa, but it means ONLY sponsorship for them and they refuse. I found it out suddenly and now I don't know how many opportunities I missed without even realising it!

So, the question is, how this permit is called properly so that an employer can understand? What's your experience in naming it?
I currently add that it's "permit that does not require sponsorship" but I'm afraid it's too long too understand and even sounds suspicious :)

Any thoughts? Thank you!

marcnath

Re: Name of work permit

Post by marcnath » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:17 pm

V_i_k_i wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:00 pm
Hi all,

I found out that many employers are unaware of ET work permit and that may cause problems for us talents. When I stated that I have a permit for 5 years, they still refused me because they thought they need to provide me with a new sponsorship before taking me on board!

The question they ask - "Are you on a Visa?" Well, I AM on a Visa, but it means ONLY sponsorship for them and they refuse. I found it out suddenly and now I don't know how many opportunities I missed without even realising it!

So, the question is, how this permit is called properly so that an employer can understand? What's your experience in naming it?
I currently add that it's "permit that does not require sponsorship" but I'm afraid it's too long too understand and even sounds suspicious :)

Any thoughts? Thank you!
You might try saying you have full or unrestricted right to work in the UK
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:17 pm

The link below clearly states what you can and can't do.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-exceptional-talent

What jobs or type of jobs exactly are you applying for?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by V_i_k_i » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:17 pm
The link below clearly states what you can and can't do.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-exceptional-talent

What jobs or type of jobs exactly are you applying for?
I know the route's limits, but I think they have little sense just because this route is not for doctors or sportsmen either. So I obviously don't apply these jobs because if they were my profession, I couldn't get ET visa at all.

My question was not about what restrictions I have but how I could explain my employers far from medicine and sport that they won't have any problems with my permit.

WRWR
Russia

Post by WRWR » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:36 pm

In my opinion, if employer is unable to spend 10 minutes to learn about this visa route and do the online check described in this topic (general-uk-immigration-forum/online-rig ... 70094.html), you probably should not work for them.

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by V_i_k_i » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:40 pm

WRWR wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:36 pm
In my opinion, if employer is unable to spend 10 minutes to learn about this visa route and do the online check described in this topic (general-uk-immigration-forum/online-rig ... 70094.html), you probably should not work for them.
It's true, but now I'm unemployed and just need some resource for my living :) So, I'm looking for any employer for now, not the best one :)

WRWR
Russia

Post by WRWR » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:30 pm

V_i_k_i, what role did you apply for?

If you were endorsed by TechNation and you're in London, maybe I can help. :)

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by V_i_k_i » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:50 pm

WRWR wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:30 pm
V_i_k_i, what role did you apply for?

If you were endorsed by TechNation and you're in London, maybe I can help. :)
I'm a game designer - so it's not quite technical but close :)

WRWR
Russia

Post by WRWR » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:04 pm

Ok, game design is out of my current scope. I can only help hardcore technical people. Sorry for that.

I suggest to print the information from gov.uk website and show it to potential employers. Do not try to explain it yourself. Just give them the link or paper and say you can work you do not need sponsorship.