ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registration Certificate

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Han109
Newly Registered

Police Registration Certificate

Post by Han109 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:33 pm

Hello,

I am on Tier-4 student dependant visa and working on a new application to switching my current visa to the Global Talent dependant, during the online application process, I found the police registration is a mandatory document, out of my stupidity, I lost the certificate form while moving house earlier this year. I tried to re-apply for a new copy but seems all overseas visitors’ records offices in the UK are now CLOSED due to the COVID-19. So here are the questions,

Should I wait until all OVRO offices reopen to get a new certificate for my visa application?
Alternatively, Can I submit a visa application without the certificate, and explained the situation in a letter or statement? I've got a lost property reference number from my local Police, and an email from the local OVRO office, please see a text attached.

My current visa will not be expired until 2022, so I can wait, but I am very concerned about the IHS fee increase in October, your advice will be much appreciated.

Best,
L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Morning

Unfortunately due to the suspension of registration activity by the Home Office and the current Covid-19 rules by the UK Government we are closed. You will need to apply for your visa stated that you have lost your certificate and quote your lost property reference.

I cannot say when we will be re-opening so if your visa is due to expire I would suggest that you apply as stated above so that you do not end up overstaying as this will have bigger consequences for you.

Keep an eye on our website for further updates regarding re-opening

Regard

Han109
Newly Registered

Re: Police Registration Certificate

Post by Han109 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:09 pm

Hi Sah10406,

Thank you so much for the reply.

It is extremly difficult for me to return to my home country during the lockdown.
My partner got the Covid travel concession and switched his Tier 4 to the the Global Talent in UK,
So I assumed this should be okay for me, plus the information stated here:

https://www.gov.uk/global-talent/family-members
' Family members cannot apply in the UK as your dependant if they hold a visitor visa.'

and here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 8-2020.pdf

Page 11. point 63.

it seems all other long-term (6 months or longer) visa types should be acceptable for applying the PBS dependant visa in UK, except the visitor visa.

Should I just submited an online application without the Police registration letter or wait until the lockdown finished?

Thank,
L

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 am

My apologies. I had understand you were applying for the Global Talent visa yourself, not as the dependant of a Global talent visa holder. I will try to have my previous answer deleted if possible, to avoid confusion for later readers.

As you say, you do not need any concession to apply as a dependant in the UK.

For your Police Registration issue, see

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice ... s-visitor/

It confirms that There will be no penalty action taken against anyone who is unable to attend an appointment or book a new appointment.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Han109
Newly Registered

Post by Han109 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:44 pm

I've checked the Police and OVRO site but the description relates to COVID are quite vague and unclear.
I found another Home office page that might possible relates to my case, would you mind to have a look?
Thanks

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ivate-life

"
If you’re unable to provide specified documents
In some cases, we will be able to decide your application without seeing certain specified documents if you cannot get them due to coronavirus. Otherwise, you may be asked to submit the specified documents after the date of application.

"

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:04 am

Han109 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:44 pm
I've checked the Police and OVRO site but the description relates to COVID are quite vague and unclear.
I disagree. That banner message I quoted in my previous reply seems very clear.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.