ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question to meet research fellowship criterion for T-1 visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tayyabaazim
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Question to meet research fellowship criterion for T-1 visa

Post by tayyabaazim » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 am

Hi there,

While going through the eligibility criteria in policy guidance document, I came across the following mandatory clause for exceptional promise candidates:

''Have been awarded, hold, or have held in the past five years, a prestigious UK-based Research Fellowship, or an international Fellowship or advanced research post judged by the competent body to be of equivalent standing''.

I was wondering if running research projects as a 'Principal Investigator' or 'Co-Principal Investigator' internationally (outside UK) would satisfy this criterion. If so, which international body would judge its competency to be of equal standing.

If there's someone who has used this research experience to gain endorsement, please let me know.

Best,
T.

Gcoast
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: Question to meet research fellowship criterion for T-1 visa

Post by Gcoast » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:14 am

A fellow member called D_social posted that he got his endorsement from the Royal Academy without any International Fellowships, but in his case he had numerous publication.
tayyabaazim wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 am
Hi there,

While going through the eligibility criteria in policy guidance document, I came across the following mandatory clause for exceptional promise candidates:

''Have been awarded, hold, or have held in the past five years, a prestigious UK-based Research Fellowship, or an international Fellowship or advanced research post judged by the competent body to be of equivalent standing''.

I was wondering if running research projects as a 'Principal Investigator' or 'Co-Principal Investigator' internationally (outside UK) would satisfy this criterion. If so, which international body would judge its competency to be of equal standing.

If there's someone who has used this research experience to gain endorsement, please let me know.

Best,
T.