ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required Documents

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rnv83
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Required Documents

Post by rnv83 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:38 am

Hey friends,

I have 12 years of IT experience with excellent RPA skills, I would like to apply for T1 exceptional talent Visa (Tech Nation).Please someone can let me know apart from Recommendation letters from current and previous employer, what other documents required for the Stage 1 ?
Can I also get the recommendation letter from the CEO/Director of other companies I have not worked for, will it make my case strong ?
Any help on the supporting documents will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

rnv83
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Content of Skill letter for Stage 1

Post by rnv83 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:58 am

Hello Dear Friends,

Please could you suggest the content I should get written on skill letter (recommendation letter) from my previous employer.

and skill letter is only the recommendation letter I need to obtain ?

Any other suggestions regarding documents will be appreciated.

Thanks

GoGirl
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Required Documents

Post by GoGirl » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi,
Have you received the required details ? Would you be able to guide on how to proceed with Tier 1 Exceptional talent visa , I'm currently on Tier 2 Gen . I went through the criteria, it says we may be need PhD or equivalent. I don't have a PhD and is currently working in cybersecurity & has an industrial experience of 7+ yrs.
Do we need a PhD ? Can someone brief on documents necessary to apply for this visa and chances of getting this visa ?

Alhambra
Newly Registered

Post by Alhambra » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:09 pm

GoGirl wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:30 pm
Do we need a PhD ? Can someone brief on documents necessary to apply for this visa and chances of getting this visa ?
No, you don't. There's not even a requirement to have any kind of formal education whatsoever!
As to what documents are necessary, it entirely depends on your personal case. You might want to read through the available options for key criteria and qualifying criteria and see which ones suit your case best. You can find detailed descriptions about your options in the official Tier 1 ET guide.
GoGirl wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:30 pm
currently working in cybersecurity & has an industrial experience of 7+ yrs.
Did you do any presentations at professional conferences? Do you have any professional publications?
I would probably start with such questions. The more evidence of your impact you made in your career you can find, the better.
If you're reading about the qualifying criteria and thinking that it's something that probably applies to you, go for it! This visa seems intimidating at first, but really it's more about being patient. Although it says that it's about 'exceptional talent' on the tin, it really isn't. :) It's more about 'very good talent', and a lot of people can meet the criteria. Good luck with your application.

Laxmi88
Newly Registered
India

Post by Laxmi88 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:55 pm

So for a person working in a private company on a digital technology, what she can provide as recommendation letter ? As I can get only experience letter, there is no provision of recommendation letter to be issued by previous employer.

Thanks
Lakshmi S

ail_ils
Newly Registered

Post by ail_ils » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:24 am

The recommendation letters are key to successful endorsement. They must be from a high profile well know personality in the industry you are applying for. my recommendations were from a CEO of a major automotive company and a vice-president of another big name in the industry. Establishing relationship with such people goes a long way. I used to send them Christmas cards, and when I was endorsed sent them a bottle of champagne and a single malt to other one. I spend months going over and over again on my letter formats. the CEO first declined to sign the letter as he said I was asking for too much , I had to modify the letter for him to sign on something he was comfortable signing on. The other Vice President was such a good friend that he would literally sign on anything I would ask for

Laxmi88
Newly Registered
India

Post by Laxmi88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:09 am

ail_ils wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:24 am
The recommendation letters are key to successful endorsement. They must be from a high profile well know personality in the industry you are applying for. my recommendations were from a CEO of a major automotive company and a vice-president of another big name in the industry. Establishing relationship with such people goes a long way. I used to send them Christmas cards, and when I was endorsed sent them a bottle of champagne and a single malt to other one. I spend months going over and over again on my letter formats. the CEO first declined to sign the letter as he said I was asking for too much , I had to modify the letter for him to sign on something he was comfortable signing on. The other Vice President was such a good friend that he would literally sign on anything I would ask for
Thanks.
As per my company policy an individual cannot issue any letter, it can be done by HR head personnel only, how can I deal with this situation..?
Thank you

ail_ils
Newly Registered

Post by ail_ils » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:16 am

sounds like there isn't anyone to vouch you for..there is not requirement for it to be on letter heads anyways

Laxmi88
Newly Registered
India

Post by Laxmi88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:33 am

ail_ils wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:16 am
sounds like there isn't anyone to vouch you for..there is not requirement for it to be on letter heads anyways
Oh I didn't know that...so my next question would be... If need not to be on company letterhead then which form one can issue this letter? Can it be a word document or plan paper etc...or anything else, please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance for letting me know.

gdenzilg
Zimbabwe

Post by gdenzilg » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:08 pm

Did you manage to get any usefull information. if so please share because i also want to go the same route.
and how far have you gone with your process?

rnv83 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:38 am
Hey friends,

I have 12 years of IT experience with excellent RPA skills, I would like to apply for T1 exceptional talent Visa (Tech Nation).Please someone can let me know apart from Recommendation letters from current and previous employer, what other documents required for the Stage 1 ?
Can I also get the recommendation letter from the CEO/Director of other companies I have not worked for, will it make my case strong ?

Regards.

Laxmi88
Newly Registered
India

Post by Laxmi88 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:39 am

gdenzilg wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:08 pm
Did you manage to get any usefull information. if so please share because i also want to go the same route.
and how far have you gone with your process?

rnv83 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:38 am
Hey friends,

Regards.

Sure, I will post whole information as soon as I get them all.