ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Research Post for Peer Review

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gatech03
Newly Registered
India

Research Post for Peer Review

Post by gatech03 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:52 pm

Hi, I am considering applying for the Global Talent Visa through Route 4: Global Talent visa. I finished my PhD from a US university last year and I just received a 1 year job offer of Research Associate at King's College London. I believe that this position is similar to a postdoctoral researcher position. I assume that the Exceptional talent category applies to senior academic positions and since I don't have a permanent position, I am considering applying under the Exceptional promise category. This category requires receiving an advanced research post that must be currently held (or have held in the past five years) and be judged by the endorsing body to be prestigious. Would a Research Associate position that I am starting in July (so not currently held, but will hold in the future) make me eligible to apply through this route?

neutronica
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Research Post for Peer Review

Post by neutronica » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:30 pm