ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to the UK

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

masaifi
Newly Registered
Jordan

Returning to the UK

Post by masaifi » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:58 pm

Hi

I got my Tier 1 Global Talent Visa in August 2020 and entered the UK the same month, I got my BRP and stayed until the end of Oct 2020 but needed to go back to my home country to finish some unfinished business and was booked to go back to the UK in early Dec 2020 but as the new lockdown started I thought I'd wait hoping the lockdown won't last long! to keep the story short, I didn't come back until now as I am working remotely anyway and things were getting worse in term of the Covid cases and the lockdown was extended.

I want to come back asap but due to some commitments, I won't be able to travel before mid-may which makes the time spent outside the UK 6.5 months. I understand that this will affect the ILR application in the future but my question is will I be denied entry to the UK because I was absent for more than 180 days?

Appreciate your advice,

Thanks in advance,
Muneer

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Re: Returning to the UK

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue May 11, 2021 10:33 am

No. You won't be denied entry to the UK as long as your BRP is valid at the time of entry. However, your ILR continuous residence will be broken by this stay outside the UK since the Home Office has not announced any specific concessions for the "180-day absence in 12 months" rule. A fresh window of continuous residence calculation has started from the date of your return to the UK.