ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STAGE 2 Application

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fcomber
Newly Registered

STAGE 2 Application

Post by Fcomber » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:57 am

Hi all

I am applying for stage 2 after receiving my endorsement from the British Academy.
I don't have a job offer yet, I am a researcher and I am currently applying for a postdoctoral research grant but the results are expected end-May (and I am applying end-February max). If I am not successful in that bid, I will, of course, look for other options but only after I have arrived in the UK. I will be teaching in the University where I studied for my PhD, but it's a zero-hour (paid by the hour) contract that can only be signed AFTER I have the visa.

So, basically, I am struggling to select an option in my application as I can't select the option that says I am going to the UK to work because they request details of employment, contract, etc.

Should I select "temporary residency"? If yes, what should I write in the box?

The option "to settle" is only when we are applying for settling in the UK after the 3 or 5 years in this visa?

I am confused. If anyone can help I'll be very grateful.

Gcoast
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: STAGE 2 Application

Post by Gcoast » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:03 am

If you’re planning to settle in the UK, then I think the option you’ll choose is settle.

The next question would be where you’ll stay and how you’ll maintain yourself when you arrive until when you have a source of income. So prepare to have answers to those questions.

There might be a section for you to add any extra information for the application, so over there you can talk about the potential post doc and lecturing job.

I have two questions for you if you don’t mind answering.

1. Did you have any past research fellowships before you applied?

2. After your PhD were you still in Academia or moved to Industry?
Fcomber wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:57 am
Hi all

I am applying for stage 2 after receiving my endorsement from the British Academy.
I don't have a job offer yet, I am a researcher and I am currently applying for a postdoctoral research grant but the results are expected end-May (and I am applying end-February max). If I am not successful in that bid, I will, of course, look for other options but only after I have arrived in the UK. I will be teaching in the University where I studied for my PhD, but it's a zero-hour (paid by the hour) contract that can only be signed AFTER I have the visa.

So, basically, I am struggling to select an option in my application as I can't select the option that says I am going to the UK to work because they request details of employment, contract, etc.

Should I select "temporary residency"? If yes, what should I write in the box?

The option "to settle" is only when we are applying for settling in the UK after the 3 or 5 years in this visa?

I am confused. If anyone can help I'll be very grateful.

Fcomber
Newly Registered

Post by Fcomber » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Hi

1. Did you have any past research fellowships before you applied?

Yes, it didn't qualify for fast track tho as it was a foreigner fellowship.

2. After your PhD were you still in Academia or moved to Industry?

I am still in academia, holding a postdoctoral research associate post in my country of origin.

DaisyP
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by DaisyP » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:42 pm

I am on the stage 2 application process. I'm a bit confused on what options to choose from 1. To visit 2. To work/business 3. To study 4. For temporary residence 5. To settle.

I do not have a job, and I plan to move to the UK and start applying for jobs.

Can anyone tell me what options they choose when they didn't have a job already waiting for them at the UK. Thanks

navishru2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by navishru2018 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi all,
I have my Tier 2 valid till Jan 2021. I received my ET 1 endorsement in Feb, so I applied for the visa yesterday. I requested for the visa for 2 years so I understand I have to pay 800 GBP. However, the IHS website showed that I have to pay 400 and paid for it. I checked my application again and it states 2 years as my request yet only 400 has been taken as my surcharge. Can you please advise about this discrepancy?

Thanks!

navishru2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by navishru2018 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 am

Hi all,
Can you please tell me how long it takes to get the visa changed once you submit it to UKVCAS? I applied to Global talent from T2 general

Thanks!