ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stage 2 - Dependent Visa from UK

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oludot5
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Stage 2 - Dependent Visa from UK

Post by oludot5 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Good people,

I am new here and hopefully aim to get guidance on my case (fairly straight forward I think).
I am Presently on tier 2 general (expires end of 2019) but want to apply for stage 2 exceptional talent ( got my endorsement). My wife is on the tier 2 general dependent so I wanted to find out if:
1. My wife is ok to apply for tier 1 dependent visa from the UK after I get my own tier 1 visa response?
2. Does she need to apply same time with me if she wants to apply from UK? I would ideally like to get my visa before she applies
3. Or does she have to leave the UK to apply?

I would be very grateful if this is responded to.

Thanks

Tony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Stage 2 - Dependent Visa from UK

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:57 pm

1. Yes.

2. Either but she must apply before her current visa expires.

3. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oludot5
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by oludot5 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

That was my initial understanding until someone’s was telling my PBS dependents need toeither apply same time with main applicant from Uk or have to leave the country to apply.

This clears things up - thanks!

Utsav123
BANNED
India

Post by Utsav123 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:49 pm

PBS dependent visa holder need not switch when main applicant switches visa from tier 2 to tier 1. This is clearly mentioned in homeoffice guidelines.

Utsav123
BANNED
India

Post by Utsav123 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Please read point number 48 in PBS dependent guidelines regarding this. Dont spend money in switching dependent when you are switching your own visa.