ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stage 2 Queries

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

donatello
Newly Registered
United States of America

Stage 2 Queries

Post by donatello » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:25 pm

Hi All,

I have recently secured my endorsement and I have a few questions regarding Stage 2.

1. My wife and I are in different countries at the moment. She will be my dependent in the UK. We will both be applying from outside of the UK. Can we both apply for stage 2 separately?
2. How long does it take to get the VISA for entry? Once we submit the application to the embassy, how long does the embassy take to return the passport?
3. In the application, I'm told we need to mention the date of arrival. Should plans change, can we move the date of arrival? Will this involve a new VISA application and have to be within the 3 month period of the endorsement?
4. Do we need to enter the country together?
5. Once in the UK, how long does it take to get the BRP?
6. NHS Surcharge: Is there any disadvantages to paying this every year as opposed to paying a total for 3/5 years at once?

I've been following xxxxxx blog for some of the information.

Thank you very much in advance for taking the time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Stage 2 Queries

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:32 pm

3. Your initial visa vignette is valid for 30 days. You must enter the UK within that time.

5. Within 10 days.

6. You pay IHS upfront for the duration of the visa. You pay when you apply for the visa. There is no option to "pay it yearly".
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

donatello
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by donatello » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:48 pm

Thank you very much for the response.
Adding another question:

7. After receiving the BRP, how long can one stay out of the UK while still maintaining the VISA?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:03 am

Absence of 180 days of more in any 12 month period breaks continuity of residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.