ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from Tier2 to GTV

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Asma1981
Newly Registered
Libya

Global talent visa long

Post by Asma1981 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:03 pm

Hello,
I’m working a uni as a research fellow and the HR is happy to give me the required letter for endorsement. I’m nearly 1& 4 months on tier so I need less 2 years on tier 1( global talent) to reach the 3 years and then switch to ILR. My question can I apply for only 2 years under Tier 1 ( global talent) if yes who is responsible to decide the visa long
Regards

tareksamni
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: Global talent visa long

Post by tareksamni » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:19 am

I’ve just got the global talent visa for 1 year switching from tier 2. because this is the only period I need to get the ILR.

You choose the period 1-5 years when you are applying and pay the equivalent health surcharge fees.

You can extend your visa with new applications if needed.

youcef410428
Algeria

Post by youcef410428 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:59 pm

Congratulations Tarek :D

Tarek dose you HR states in your endorsement letter that you're a leader of your research project or only postdoc in a project?

Did you join other recommendations letters or fast track with the HR letter only.

Regards

Asma1981
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by Asma1981 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:20 am

tareksamni wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:19 am
I’ve just got the global talent visa for 1 year switching from tier 2. because this is the only period I need to get the ILR.

You choose the period 1-5 years when you are applying and pay the equivalent health surcharge fees.

You can extend your visa with new applications if needed.
thanks, Tarek , someone told me the GTV is only for the people who appointed fro the position recently not for people who are working in position several years.
when you switch from tire 2 to GTV what was your situation?

Asma1981
Newly Registered
Libya

switching from Tier2 to GTV

Post by Asma1981 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:24 am

hello guys,
quick question about switching from Tire 2 to GTV. this is the response from Visa advisor at one of the universities in Uk:
((I attended the Royal Society focus group on Wednesday and they were of the opinion that you could apply for the Global Talent visa under Route 1 even if you were appointed before 1 December 2020.

However, another University in the group said that they had asked the Global Talent Endorsement team at UKVI the same question, and the reply was that the senior post had to be a new appointment – someone could not apply into the route if they’ve been doing the job for several years. I checked with the other University yesterday and they confirmed that the UKVI had said that the Fast Track for a senior academic role is for someone who has just been appointed the role.))

any one switch and got the visa and was working for several years in the position.