ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to tier 1 ET dependant visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashar2510
Newly Registered

Switching to tier 1 ET dependant visa

Post by ashar2510 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:42 pm

Dear All, I need help with the followings

I have recently been endorsed for Tier 1 Exceptional promise visa under tier 1 exceptional Talent category. Currently, I am inside UK on a Tier 2 General visa. I am preparing my application for stage 2 of Tier 1 exceptional talent visa.

I have the following questions

My wife and children are on Tier 2 dependant visa and their leave to remain under tier 2 dependant visa will expire on Jan 6, 2021.

Should they also apply with me for switching to Tier 1 dependant visa or they can apply a month before the expiry of their current leave under tier 2 dependant category?

If they can apply later, can they go out of the Uk and return to UK while I have obtain tier 1 exceptional talent visa and they remain on their previous tier 2 dependant leave?

Does the period spent on tier 2 dependant visa counted towards ILR if they switch to Tier 1 dependant visa?

Thank you.

palls
Newly Registered

Re: Switching to tier 1 ET dependant visa

Post by palls » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:35 am

You all have to apply together .
As advised by our solicitor only the main applicant that’s my husband had applied in the beginning and that was total wrong information given to us .
As according to HO if main applicant is changing visa then even dependants need to change .
Because of this whole misunderstanding my husband’s visa got delayed by 2 months in spite of paying for priority service and finally when our applications went into the system and then his visa was released .

It was a very stressful period for us but hope this information can help others .

palls
Newly Registered

Post by palls » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 am

Also to add to above post we did have a valid visa as dependents till July 2020 but we had to still apply for new visa .

yyang
Newly Registered

Post by yyang » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:52 pm

palls wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:35 am
You all have to apply together .
As advised by our solicitor only the main applicant that’s my husband had applied in the beginning and that was total wrong information given to us .
As according to HO if main applicant is changing visa then even dependants need to change .
Because of this whole misunderstanding my husband’s visa got delayed by 2 months in spite of paying for priority service and finally when our applications went into the system and then his visa was released .

It was a very stressful period for us but hope this information can help others .
Such important information should be highlighted!

I have used my own experience to testify this, if your wife doesn't switch with you to T1 dependent, she will be rejected into UK by using T2 dependent