ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Child

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mpersei
Newly Registered
Turkey

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Child

Post by mpersei » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:01 am

Hi everyone,

I am quite confused while filling the application form of Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Child visa. It would be great if anyone could help me on this.

I have just got Tier 1 exceptional Talent visa and now applying for my 3 years old boy as my dependent. The sections/questions in the application form are nearly same as the primary applicant form that I
filled a week ago except the maintenance and the 'main applicant' sections. However I couldn't be sure about the 'main applicant' definition in the form. In my case,does the main applicant refer to my daughter or to the one who holds the Tier 1 visa/me? I assume that since I am the primary visa holder I should be the main applicant, right?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Child

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 am

The child is the main applicant in the Child Dependent form.

Where is the child's other parent?? Are they also applying for a dependent visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mpersei
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by mpersei » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you very much for the reply.
My husband will also apply for Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)-Partner visa through his email on visa4uk.

I am sorry if I couldn't describe my case properly in the post. I think I should simplify the question as "who is the main applicant in the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)-Child/Partner Visa application form if the primary visa holder applying on behalf of the dependants?

The reason I thought that the main applicant should be the visa holder is actually the questions in the 'main applicant' part of the form. Here are some questions from this part:
- How are you related to the main applicant?
- Is the main applicant living in the UK?
- Does the main applicant have a Certificate of Sponsorship or Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies number?
- What is the start/end date of the job or course?

So assuming you're right then how should I give answers to these questions?In addition, the first two sections of the form have questions related to the passport/travel & personal details & travel history. If the main applicant is the child whose information should be given in that parts?

thanks again!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:20 pm

mpersei wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:58 pm
Hi CR001,

Thank you very much for the reply.
My husband will also apply for Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)-Partner visa through his email on visa4uk.

I am sorry if I couldn't describe my case properly in the post. I think I should simplify the question as "who is the main applicant in the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)-Child/Partner Visa application form if the primary visa holder applying on behalf of the dependants?

The reason I thought that the main applicant should be the visa holder is actually the questions in the 'main applicant' part of the form. Here are some questions from this part:
- How are you related to the main applicant?
- Is the main applicant living in the UK?
- Does the main applicant have a Certificate of Sponsorship or Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies number?
- What is the start/end date of the job or course?

So assuming you're right then how should I give answers to these questions?In addition, the first two sections of the form have questions related to the passport/travel & personal details & travel history. If the main applicant is the child whose information should be given in that parts?

thanks again!
The right way to do it should be to add your child as a dependant to your husband's partner application form.

Agree it is confusing, but the questions you listed here refer to you. However it looks like questions applicable to Tier 2/4, not Tier 1. Have you selected the right category ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mpersei
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by mpersei » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:12 am

Yes I am pretty sure that I have selected the right category.
First, I selected the 'apply for someone else' option, then followed the below line
- Reason For Visit-->Work
- Visa Type-->Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
- Visa Sub Type-->Tier 1 Exceptional Talent-Child.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:54 am

mpersei wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:12 am
Yes I am pretty sure that I have selected the right category.
First, I selected the 'apply for someone else' option, then followed the below line
- Reason For Visit-->Work
- Visa Type-->Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
- Visa Sub Type-->Tier 1 Exceptional Talent-Child.
Ok. Guess the questions are generic one.

You can answer those as best as you can
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.