ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent in social sciences

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mkbdoc17
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent in social sciences

Post by Mkbdoc17 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:13 pm

Hello everyone
I've read many insightful posts on this visa categories. I'm wondering if anyone can share insight from the social sciences or humanities field. Do we have any success stories and can you please share your experience and if possible give tips on the kind of evidence provided to the British Academy for consideration.
Thanks

mattewreuben1
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Exceptional Talent in social sciences

Post by mattewreuben1 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Mkbdoc17 wrote:Hello everyone
I've read many insightful posts on this visa categories. I'm wondering if anyone can share insight from the social sciences or humanities field. Do we have any success stories and can you please share your experience and if possible give tips on the kind of evidence provided to the British Academy for consideration.
Thanks
Well the science bodies seems more difficult to get than digital technology in my opinion, i have seen more people endorsed by tech city than the science bodies. Having said that , you need to have an look at the requirements below :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2017.pdf

Firstly, Do you have a PHD?
Have you been awarded a prestigious internationally recognised prizes?
Be a member of your national academy or a foreign member of academies of other countries (in particular any of the UK national academies

If your answer is no to the above then , you might not qualify.

Do you hv

Mkbdoc17
Newly Registered

Post by Mkbdoc17 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have a PhD from a UK institution.
I dont have any international awards which is on the mandatory list for expectional promise (but not the exceptional talent list). Even though it seems that having one pretty much fast tracks the consideration. But I meet all the mandatory criteria for the exceptional talent and for the qualifying criteria I am a member of my national academy and 2 international ones relevant to my field. I can also get a recommendation from a principal officer in an organisation within the UK to do a recommendation for me.

I intend to apply from outside the UK and I don't have a current job offer from the UK even though I've started making applications. I was just curious since I've not seen anyone from social sciences post on this visa.

mattewreuben1
Newly Registered

Post by mattewreuben1 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:10 am

Mkbdoc17 wrote:Hello everyone
Thanks
You might have a chance in the exceptional promise category. The thing is, if you have 292 Pounds to gamble with, theres no harm in trying. What you will lose is alot less than what you will gain if you get endorsed.

Just prepare your application and documentation with very strong personal statement and recommendation letters. And deliberate on what you will bring to the United Kingdom that will benefit them. (If you dont have a plan coming in the uk then you are of less use to the United kingdom).

Mkbdoc17
Newly Registered

Post by Mkbdoc17 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:17 am

[quote="mattewreuben1"

You might have a chance in the exceptional promise category. The thing is, if you have 292 Pounds to gamble with, theres no harm in trying. What you will lose is alot less than what you will gain if you get endorsed.

Just prepare your application and documentation with very strong personal statement and recommendation letters. And deliberate on what you will bring to the United Kingdom that will benefit them. (If you dont have a plan coming in the uk then you are of less use to the United kingdom).[/quote]

Thanks for your responses.

I'm hoping I can also get some feedback from someone who has been successful in the social sciences or humanities field.
Thanks