ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent stage 1 review

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ranasen
Newly Registered
India

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent stage 1 review

Post by ranasen » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:49 pm

I submitted my tier 1 exceptional talent visa application stage 1 for tech nation endorsement in November 2019. I got the reply this week with a negative outcome. They have specified that as almost all of my experience is in a service based company, my experience is not relevant for product based tech companies and thus I do not qualify for this endorsement. However, I have worked in product development which I shared the evidences. I also know of people who has this visa and works in my company :) .
I do not have any experience in any startup or so-called product companies. But I am a qualified data engineer who has worked in data modernization extensively and prepared many tools , frameworks regarding the same. I also had setup a department ground up and have been speaking in multiple national/international data and analytics summits.
1. What is your opinion and experiences about a review?
2. Do you think, this visa route is not suitable for me?
3. Do you have any other suggestion?

sonali_1_dash
India

Re: Tier 1 Exceptional Talent stage 1 review

Post by sonali_1_dash » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:58 pm

What are the criteria did u mention that matches as per the guidelines and what is the evidence did you provide

ranasen
Newly Registered
India

Post by ranasen » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:31 pm

Contribution outside work - evidences of the user group that I contributed as a chair person of.
Innovation - tools and frameworks that I developed.
Continuous Learning - data science course, cloud certifications etc. Also about a paper I presented in an international analytics conference.

andrii_seleznov
Newly Registered

Post by andrii_seleznov » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:42 am

Hi Ranasen,

After reading your brief about professional background and application for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa in Digital Technologies, I think you have to apply for a review of the decision for non-endorsing you. It is a good idea for people with your kind of profile.

As all, we know this procedure is created exactly for situations like yours. Also, there is great news: I know many people in our Alumni community who got their endorsements after the review.

Hence, as I see you still have time for appeal (it has to be submitted within 28 days after you got your initial mail from Home Office).

If you will have any general questions on this visa route appeal - browse my blog, I wrote a couple of posts about this topic. If you will have specific questions - write to me directly to email address removed by moderator, I will do my best to share knowledge with you.

Sincerely,
Andrii

ss1
Newly Registered
India

Post by ss1 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:08 am

ranasen wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:49 pm
I submitted my tier 1 exceptional talent visa application stage 1 for tech nation endorsement in November 2019. I got the reply this week with a negative outcome. They have specified that as almost all of my experience is in a service based company, my experience is not relevant for product based tech companies and thus I do not qualify for this endorsement. However, I have worked in product development which I shared the evidences. I also know of people who has this visa and works in my company :) .
I do not have any experience in any startup or so-called product companies. But I am a qualified data engineer who has worked in data modernization extensively and prepared many tools , frameworks regarding the same. I also had setup a department ground up and have been speaking in multiple national/international data and analytics summits.
1. What is your opinion and experiences about a review?
2. Do you think, this visa route is not suitable for me?
3. Do you have any other suggestion?
Hello ranasen,

Have you applied for the review? I received a similar response for non-endorsement by tech nation last week. I work in the IT domain of a leading global bank with experience as Product Manager in areas such as AI/ML, E-commerce and Digitalisation. However, they have mentioned that my work in that area is not directly related to a product-led digital technology company.

sonali_1_dash
India

Post by sonali_1_dash » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:10 am

The paper presented in an international conference could have used as contribution out ise work
ranasen wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:31 pm
Contribution outside work - evidences of the user group that I contributed as a chair person of.
Continuous Learning - data science course, cloud certifications etc. Also about a paper I presented in an international analytics conference.

digger74
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by digger74 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:16 pm

ranasen wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:31 pm
I would suggest that you get a letter from the conference organiser that confirms your presentation and talks about attendance and impact of it.

Further, strengthen your application with solid references that attest the work you have done around innovation (ideally from a C-level person - maybe the CTO/CIO).

For all the things you are referring to, you must provide evidence that backs it up (eg course certificates for courses longer than 20 hrs; GitHub references; user group details (maybe a reference from a regular attendee or a sponsor of any).

You seem to have the right background. Assemble this information and request a review.