ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Exceptional talent stage 2 application outside the UK

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

holgita
Newly Registered
Russia

Tier 1 Exceptional talent stage 2 application outside the UK

Post by holgita » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:47 am

Hello all

I hope you will be able to help me. I received my endorsement from Tech City on 2 August and applied for stage 2 a few days later from outside the UK as I couldn't switch to this visa with my current one.

I submitted my passport on 9 August and it's been pending for decision since then. I am starting to wonder if I did something wrong so I have a few verification questions:

1. My online form says the visa category is :TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA and type: TIER 1 EXCEPTIONAL TALENT MIGRANT (INITIAL APPLICATION). It sounds silly but maybe there was other category type that I should have selected? This waiting is making me doubt everything.

2. I received an email from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk that it is waiting for decision on 10 August. Is that OK it is from Sheffield even though it is not a settlement application?

3. I would be happy to hear any advice you have on speeding up the process besides their international help line that is utterly useless.. I've paid numerous times for mails and phones calls just to hear something I already know. I have paid priority and I have to travel to in 48hrs to a conference that has paid for my attendance a while back. Any way to ask Tech City for help?

Many thanks!!!

avios
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: Tier 1 Exceptional talent stage 2 application outside the UK

Post by avios » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am

I also applied for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Migrant (Initial Application). I submitted my passport on August 18th at TLScontact in Moscow and I also haven’t received the visa yet (though I’ve been waiting less time than you).

I received an email from Sheffield on August 30th. I made a request to escalate my case on September 5th but I have no idea if it helps at all as I haven’t received any reply yet.

Do you have any updates with your case?

holgita
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by holgita » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:54 am

Thank you @avois that's encouraging to know I am not alone.

No news yet, my case was escalated 30 August and I was told if I don't hear anything by 22 September I should call to re-escalate it. Which I will tomorrow so will keep updating how it goes.

Quick question, when you type in your passport number here, does this work?
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

avios
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by avios » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:58 am

Thanks @holgita, yes, let’s keep updating each other about our cases.

I have tried to type in my passport number and all other reference numbers I have (like IHS, TLScontact reference, VAF) but it doesn’t recognize any of them.

mspawar
Newly Registered

Post by mspawar » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:46 am

Hey don't worry. Since all applications are sent toUK for processing it is taking considerably long time.
I submitted my application on 29th From Pune, India and I have received my passport yesterday (22 Sep).
Decision: Visa stamped for one month. Granted for 5 years and 4 months.

mspawar
Newly Registered

Post by mspawar » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:07 am

PFB my timelines:

1) 7th Jul - Started my online application on technationvisa.com
2) 17th Jul - Started application on visas-immigration.service.gov.uk
3) 01st August - Submitted online application for endorsement
4) 01st August - Shipped application kit and documents from Pune, India using FedEx
5) 03rd August - Received email from Home Office stating they have received application in Home Office, Sheffield. They referred application to TechCity immediately.

---- wait --- wait --- wait --- wait---

6) 23rd August - Received email from TechCity with endorsement letter
7) 24th Aug - Started and submitted online Phase 2 VISA application (visa4uk.fco.gov.uk)
8) 29th Aug - Visa appointment (biometric and document scanning). Only passports were retained by VFS Global, Pune India (I opted for standard package instead of priority/super priority)
9) 29th Aug - SMS from VFS Global stating they have forwarded my application to UKVI
10) 05 Sep - Email from UK Decision Making Centre stating they have received my online application

11) 13th Sep - I called their number for status. Ans: It's been discussed
12) 15th Sep - Received email from UK Decision Making Centre - stating there could be delay

---- painful wait ---- painful wait ---- painful wait ---- painful wait

13) 19th Sep - I called their number for status. Ans: It's been discussed
14) 20th Sep - SMS and email from VFS that hey have received processed application
15) 21st Sep - DTDC courier arrived
16) Decision - Visa granted for 5 years and 4 months. Passport stamped for 30 days.
I now need to travel to UK within that 30 days to collect BRP

avios
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by avios » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:58 pm

I got my passport delivered yesterday and received it today with the visa stamped for 30 days. The stage 2 took 28 working days.

Good luck everyone!

holgita
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by holgita » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi all

Sorry for disappearing. Yes I received mine as well and already in the UK. Glad we all made it :D and good luck to all who are still in the process of waiting.

TA

Tonto
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tonto » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:53 am

Hi Holgita and all, you sad you paid for priority and you visa did not come within the time frame even though you had to leave the country in 48 hours, how did you resolve that situation and do you think priority is safe and worth it? Thanks. Tonto.

Tonto
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tonto » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:01 am

Hi Holgita and all, you said you paid for priority and your visa did not come within the time frame even though you had to leave the country in 48 hours, how did you resolve that situation and do you think priority is safe and worth it? Thanks. Tonto.

tyty123
Newly Registered

Post by tyty123 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Tonto wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:01 am
Hi Holgita and all, you said you paid for priority and your visa did not come within the time frame even though you had to leave the country in 48 hours, how did you resolve that situation and do you think priority is safe and worth it? Thanks. Tonto.
Priority visa doesn't always mean they will return the passport within 5 days. They may take up to 15 working days before returning your passport. If it helps, the following is my timeline:

1. Applied for Endorsement to Tech City: 18th August

2. Got the endorsement from Tech City: 23rd August

3. Applied for stage 2 visa from out of the UK (I couldn't have switched from the UK since I was on a Tier 4 visa): 6th September

4. Submitted passport and biometrics through priority visa: 19th September

5. Processed application: 27th September

6. Passport received: 7th October

Hope that helps!

Tonto
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tonto » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:16 am

Yes, Thank you.

harrycr
Newly Registered
India

Post by harrycr » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:52 am

@mspawar this is Hari from Mumbai, India. I am starting the process for Tier-1 ET and I would like to talk to you about your experience. Can you please drop me a line with your number on email address removed by moderator.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:56 am

harrycr wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:52 am
@mspawar this is Hari from Mumbai, India. I am starting the process for Tier-1 ET and I would like to talk to you about your experience. Can you please drop me a line with your number on email address removed by moderator.
Kindly familiarise yourself with the forum rules as you were required to do upon registering on the site.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tonto
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tonto » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 am

For those people from countries that have to show TB test result, did you have to do a TB test before your application? even though you have been in the UK before the application outside the UK.
tyty123 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Priority visa doesn't always mean they will return the passport within 5 days. They may take up to 15 working days before returning your passport. If it helps, the following is my timeline:

3. Applied for stage 2 visa from out of the UK (I couldn't have switched from the UK since I was on a Tier 4 visa): 6th September

Hope that helps!

Tonto
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tonto » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:32 pm

For those people from countries that have to show TB test result, did you have to do a TB test before your application? even though you have been in the UK before the application outside the UK.

tyty123
Newly Registered

Post by tyty123 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Tonto wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:32 pm
I didn't have to give TB test but that would be for stage 2 of the application not stage 1. Remember that stage 1 is NOT an immigration application. You will first need an endorsement and then you have three months to apply for stage 2.

If you are a resident in the UK or any other country which does not require TB test, then you don't need one.

rogerkupper
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by rogerkupper » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Did it really take you 3 days to get your endorsement? Or the timelines you gave are not right. Please help.
tyty123 wrote:
Tonto wrote:

Hope that helps!

tyty123
Newly Registered

Post by tyty123 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:27 pm

rogerkupper wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:24 pm
Did it really take you 3 days to get your endorsement? Or the timelines you gave are not right. Please help.
tyty123 wrote:
Tonto wrote:

Hope that helps!

Yup, thats right. I was surprised when I got the email so quick. I applied through Fast Track as well and my documents were ordered in sequence.

tyty123
Newly Registered

Post by tyty123 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:29 pm

rogerkupper wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:24 pm
tyty123 wrote:
Tonto wrote:

Hope that helps!
I must add that in my experience, it can take upto 3 to 4 weeks at most based on other timelines on this forum and on the internet. How long ago did you submit your docs for endorsement?

rogerkupper
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by rogerkupper » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Wow that was really a fast turnover. I sent mine in a couple of days ago and haven't received any confirmation from HO yet. Applying from the UK. Arranged my docs in a sequence also. Fingers crossed. This has got to be the most painstaking wait i have ever gone through :)

tyty123
Newly Registered

Post by tyty123 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:43 am

rogerkupper wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:33 pm
Wow that was really a fast turnover. I sent mine in a couple of days ago and haven't received any confirmation from HO yet. Applying from the UK. Arranged my docs in a sequence also. Fingers crossed. This has got to be the most painstaking wait i have ever gone through :)
Have patience and good luck! :) Keep us updated on your progress, if you wish.

jramesh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by jramesh2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:01 pm

HI ,

I am also from INDIA request you to please share all the steps, Kindly mail me email address removed by moderator .Many thanks in Advance.
mspawar wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:07 am
PFB my timelines:

4) 01st August - Shipped application kit and documents from Pune, India using FedEx
5) 03rd August - Received email from Home Office stating they have received application in Home Office, Sheffield. They referred application to TechCity immediately.

7) 24th Aug - Started and submitted online Phase 2 VISA application (visa4uk.fco.gov.uk)
8) 29th Aug - Visa appointment (biometric and document scanning). Only passports were retained by VFS Global, Pune India (I opted for standard package instead of priority/super priority)
9) 29th Aug - SMS from VFS Global stating they have forwarded my application to UKVI
10) 05 Sep - Email from UK Decision Making Centre stating they have received my online application

12) 15th Sep - Received email from UK Decision Making Centre - stating there could be delay

14) 20th Sep - SMS and email from VFS that hey have received processed application
16) Decision - Visa granted for 5 years and 4 months. Passport stamped for 30 days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm

jramesh2 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:01 pm
HI ,

I am also from INDIA request you to please share all the steps, Kindly mail me email address removed by moderator .Many thanks in Advance.
mspawar wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:07 am
PFB my timelines:

User 'mspawar' has share the steps. Also I strongly suggest you read the forum rules on what you can and cannot post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gh279760559
Newly Registered
India

Post by gh279760559 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Hello,

Glad to hear that you are in UK now.

May I ask what documents needed in stage 2? Thank you.

Leo