ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Stage 2

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cxyz
Newly Registered
Turkey

Tier 1 - Exceptional Promise (Arts Council England) - Stage 1 processing time

Post by cxyz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Hey everyone,

First of all, good luck with everyones applications!
I'm currently gathering all the necessary documents to start the stage 1 process; 3 letters of support and 10 required evidences (if I am missing something please do let me know). If everything goes as planned, I'm hoping to apply in the first week of December. I have one concern thou - my current visa is expiring on February 13. So this gives me only 9 weeks to be able to get the endorsement letter including the Christmas period, so let's say 7 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone has applied to Art Council recently, if so what is the processing time for Stage 1 currently? On the website it says 4 weeks but as my experiences with these visa issues thought me that it always longer than what it says. They are also changing their system completely at the end of this month so not sure if I should go for the old or new system as the system gives me the right to choose the one I want right now. So please do let me know if you had gone through this process recently and have any tips for someone applying at the moment. In the case of getting the endorsement letter, on their guidebook it says - suggested time to apply stage 2 is a month before of visa expires. Not sure if I got it right.

I am playing a risky game. I can lose the visa I currently have while I am counting on the potentiality of getting this endorsement. So any tips will help

imogen
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Tier 1 - Exceptional Promise (Arts Council England) - Stage 1 processing time

Post by imogen » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:35 pm

Hey there!

I went through the same process you are currently going through. I had to apply twice (unfortunately). The first time I applied was in 2016 and it took a longer time than expected to hear back from the Arts Council about endorsement - 12 weeks. I was unsuccessful.

The second time, it took 7 weeks or so. I received it.

It's definitely possible you will receive it in time (finger's crossed), but it's also possible you won't.

I would assume though, that if you don't receive your answer by Feb 13, you could just head back to your home country, or go travelling, or leave the UK, and re-enter as a visitor? (though this would obviously affect work...), and wait for endorsement (finger's crossed you get it) from outside the UK. Then once you receive it, you can apply for Stage 2 from outside the UK. I believe I mayyy have even read somewhere, though this may have changed, that you HAVE to be in your home country to apply for Stage 2. It's worth looking that up.

I hope this helps.

cxyz
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Tier 1 - Exceptional Promise (Arts Council England) - Stage 1 processing time

Post by cxyz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:30 am

Thanks for your answer! Now I have posted my documents and waiting for an email of confirmation saying they have received my documents for the last two weeks. Was this the case in your first application? I am trying to understand why they havent sent me an email stating they have received everything. Maybe it might be a sign of rejection. Everyone I read about or talked to so far (whom have been accepted) received an email about this in the following days and mine is taking quite some time now

cxyz
Newly Registered
Turkey

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Stage 2

Post by cxyz » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi immigrationboards fam,

This morning I have received my endorsement letter from Arts Council and now I need to start the process of getting ready for Stage 2. I’m currently in UK with Turkish Business Person visa and have established my own ltd company and working here as its director. However, I need to go back to Istanbul to apply for entry clearance. What I was wondering, according to your experience, when should I apply to Tier 1 visa. My visa expires on February 13 so I’m not exactly sure if I need to apply before it experies or after. Also, if someone can explain the stage 2 process briefly -the documents that I need to gather differs from the normal visa applications and all would be really helpful. Thank you so much 💥

ElizabethMay
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Stage 2

Post by ElizabethMay » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:29 pm

You can apply either before or after your current leave expires (since you have to apply out of the country for the Tier 1 visa anyway). Just make sure to leave the UK before February 13, so you're not considered an overstayer.

The stage 2 process is easy, not really different from other visas. Just don't forget to include your letter from the Arts Council.