ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa (Bank Statement)

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smartinventor
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa (Bank Statement)

Post by smartinventor » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Dear Experts,

Please, I need your help urgently.

I applied for the Tier 1 Exceptional talent 2 weeks ago for myself, my wife and my son (16 years old), today I've received a phone call from British embassy asking me to provide a bank statement for the last 6 months I'm really shocked as in the website not mentioned this is one of the requirement.

I need your help please to tell how much funds I need to show in the bank to fulfil the requirement, please note that I applied for Tier 1 Exceptional talent for 5 years.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best

4uvak

Re: Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa (Bank Statement)

Post by 4uvak » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:36 pm

They may ask for the documents they want. There is no point to gues how much they want to see. Just show them what you have.

presidentialiq
Newly Registered

Post by presidentialiq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:14 am

smartinventor wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:09 pm
Dear Experts,

Please, I need your help urgently.

I applied for the Tier 1 Exceptional talent 2 weeks ago for myself, my wife and my son (16 years old), today I've received a phone call from British embassy asking me to provide a bank statement for the last 6 months I'm really shocked as in the website not mentioned this is one of the requirement.

I need your help please to tell how much funds I need to show in the bank to fulfil the requirement, please note that I applied for Tier 1 Exceptional talent for 5 years.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best

Hello,

Can you specify which one you applied for? Stage 1 or Stage 2?

Stage one doesn't require any bank statements.

Stage 2 also doesn't if you are applying alone (I didn't have to show any bank statements) But I think I read somewhere that if you are bringing dependents, then they might need to show some amount. I am not very sure, don't quote me on that.

I will do some more findings and reply with what I find out!

smartinventor
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by smartinventor » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:19 am

Hello presidentialiq,

This was on Stage 2 but it turned out that the embassy made a mistake when they asked for the bank statement as it's not required at all.

After that, I'm glad I've granted the visa with my dependent!