ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa ; Do you think i qualify?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rurffy
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa ; Do you think i qualify?

Post by rurffy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:34 am

Hi,
Please I would like to know if you guys thing I might qualify for this visa, I know its hard because you are not Tech nation but I am only looking for advise.

Ok. This is my situation , BSC from UK university, MSC from UK university. Have over 13 Professional IT Certifications, worked in uk for 2 Years (Under post Study scheme). Moved back to my country , I am now a founder of an IT startup – IT Cloud solutions company. I am a CTO(Chief technology officer) in a college and member board of director in another college.

Do you guys think I stand a chance?

rurffy
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Visa ; Do you think i qualify?

Post by rurffy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:39 am

Hi guys? any reply? any comment will help . Thanks

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:01 am

No , You don't stand chance. You have to read the guide and then access yourself how many mandatory and qualifying criteria you meet.

aseleznov
Newly Registered

Post by aseleznov » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:49 pm

First of all you need to check this document:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2017.pdf , particularly, page 31.

You must have the technical skills, mentioned in this document, you need to try. Only Tech City UK will decide are you an exceptional promise or not.
Also, very important is to have strong personal statement and good recommendations letters. They will support your application even if your startup is far from being unicorn.

mattewreuben1
Newly Registered

Post by mattewreuben1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:29 pm

sindhoo wrote:No , You don't stand chance. You have to read the guide and then access yourself how many mandatory and qualifying criteria you meet.
Its funny how you just concluded that he do not qualify. - It seems you are planing to apply through this route aswell . I am also intrested. This techcity seems the easiest of the 4 or 5 endorsing body. i might try my luck.

mattewreuben1
Newly Registered

Post by mattewreuben1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:33 pm

I really want to try and see. I think the main problem with this visa is people are scared to try. lol They probably dont see them selves as exceptional and here is the problem. If you look at the criteria and you meet them , i dont see why you shouldnt have this visa. Ok i will try and apply this month. i will gather all my document and post my progress to you guys. if anyone is applying too please lets come together and share ideas. Thanks guys