ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help - Tech Nation declined endorsement

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rafs123
Newly Registered
United States of America

GT Re-application after first denial

Post by Rafs123 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:12 am

Hi,
Can someone advise if same set of documents as dated and signed used during initial application for stage 1 endorsement, can be used for fresh re-application along with additional document based on the feedback?
Wondering if there is any time gap between first denial (from tech nation) and second re-application of GT visa?
Please advise if you have reapplied second time and used same set of documents to support
Tx

Rafs123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Global Talent Visa Re-application after first denial

Post by Rafs123 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:56 pm

Hi,
Can someone advise if same set of documents as dated and signed used during initial application for stage 1 endorsement, can be used for fresh re-application along with additional document based on the feedback?
Wondering if there is any time gap between first denial (from tech nation) and second re-application of GT visa?
Please advise if you have reapplied second time and used same set of documents to support
Tx

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: GT Re-application after first denial

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:48 pm

Hello

If your application failed due to a technicality, you can then resubmit the same documents, fix the error and apply again. It doesn't matter if the documents have been used previously.

However, in most cases, if the application failed because of its merits, resubmitting it again with the same pieces of evidence would probably trigger similar refusal as for the first attempt.

Rafs123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Rafs123 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:40 pm

Thanks for your response.
What and all will come under technicality errors if you quote some example please?
What I am wondering is if any of criteria was not proven well through the letter, can I still use the other letters with previously dated and same signatures?
I am trying to avoid taking recommendation letter which had no objections as part of denial feedback?

Is there any restrictions on using the previous letters on re-application along with additional evidence which lacked initially.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:31 am

It depends if the exact reasons for refusal were give and if they relate to the documents you submitted.

How do expect members to guess when we no clue in your case and limited infor you posted and give any type of "what if" advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:48 am

You need to give the reasons for the refusal. You can even post the email or the letter and redact anything personal.

Failing on a technicalities, means the application is rejected because it was sent to the wrong department, applied under the wrong category, not signed, payment missing/declined, sent before/after some deadlines... etc. It means it was never evaluated on its merits.

Rafs123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Rafs123 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:28 am

Sorry for not being clear, as per feedback I will have to add more details around my startup strategies and execution which was missing and idea from concept to execution wasn’t clear. In this context, can re-application be submitted with using some of the existing previously dated/signed letters. Of course new evidence and document will be added.
From members I wanted to know can some of those previously applied letters be added if gap is around a few months.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:00 pm

Yes so add them and any document that is still relevant send it again. You are not lodging a totally new application, you are improving a previous one so some of the documents will be the same.

Rafs123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tech Nation - Application status update

Post by Rafs123 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:32 pm

Do you know if tech nation update status of stage 1 endorsement application from submitted to any other status as it moves forward.

DreamerBeliever
India

Re: Tech Nation - Application status update

Post by DreamerBeliever » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:20 pm

Rafs123 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:32 pm
Do you know if tech nation update status of stage 1 endorsement application from submitted to any other status as it moves forward.
Hi Rafs123
On your Tech Nation account (through which you submit your application) there is NO indication or status updates on whether your application is moving forward or not. You will get a separate email from UKVI once a decision is made. This was certainly the case till July 2020, not sure if it has changed recently.
Regards
Deepak

DreamerBeliever
India

Post by DreamerBeliever » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Rafs123 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:32 pm
Hi Rafs123
On your Tech Nation account (through which you submit your application) there is NO indication or status updates on whether your application is moving forward or not. You will get a separate email from UKVI once a decision is made. This was certainly the case till July 2020, not sure if it has changed recently.
Regards
Deepak

Rafs123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Rafs123 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:48 pm

Thanks Deepak

Rafs123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Urgent help - Tech Nation declined endorsement

Post by Rafs123 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi Members,
I am seeking help on below rejection reason given by Tech Nation so thinking of filing review. Do you think review will help here? Pls advise

"The applicant is a successful program lead for digital transformation and comes well recommended by his colleagues and managers.

For QC1 however, whilst the evidence submitted shows great proficiency and contributions to digital transformation and data migration and delivery projects, this is not work for product-led digital technology companies as required by this criteria. It is also difficult to assess the impact of one individual in such large scale projects.

As this criteria has not been met, we cannot endorse this application."

Seems they don’t know how to assess one’s contribution if you are part of large program, however clients I have worked for are large banks across UK and USA which in turn make products for different purposes. Is it because I come from service based company they didn’t like it?
Please help what shall I do
Best

DreamerBeliever
India

Re: Urgent help - Tech Nation declined endorsement

Post by DreamerBeliever » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:25 pm

Rafs123 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:05 pm
Hi Members,
I am seeking help on below rejection reason given by Tech Nation so thinking of filing review. Do you think review will help here? Pls advise

"The applicant is a successful program lead for digital transformation and comes well recommended by his colleagues and managers.

For QC1 however, whilst the evidence submitted shows great proficiency and contributions to digital transformation and data migration and delivery projects, this is not work for product-led digital technology companies as required by this criteria. It is also difficult to assess the impact of one individual in such large scale projects.

As this criteria has not been met, we cannot endorse this application."

Seems they don’t know how to assess one’s contribution if you are part of large program, however clients I have worked for are large banks across UK and USA which in turn make products for different purposes. Is it because I come from service based company they didn’t like it?
Please help what shall I do
Best
Hi Rafs123,
Sorry to hear about your rejection.
By the looks of it, you seem to have missed out by ONLY ONE Criteria (ie, QC1). Is this correct? If yes, then a review could be useful.
The reason for rejection looks a technical one i.e- "not working for a product-led digital technology company". At the very least you will get additional pointers on the reason for rejection in the review appeal and at the very best, you might get an overturning of the negative endorsement.
Either way, you can craft your story better in the next application (if you are thinking of re-applying). If so, in the re-application you can probably retain evidences for the other 2 successful criteria (assuming they were endorsed in your old application) and focus more on QC1- and bring out your individual impact on these large scale projects, add new evidences to build your story . Also, you can showcase, how your work for the large banks across UK and USA is for products, in which your role, contribution and impact is significant.
I can imagine, this is a tough situation, but if you feel you are harshly done by, and you are very close to a positive endorsement, structure your arguments well. Just might work.
All the best
Deepak

Rafs123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Rafs123 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:34 pm

Hi Deepak,
Thanks again for your reply.
Yes, it seems tech nation liked my role and work but they didn't like my company. yes, I missed to qualify QC1 as per his feedback.
On the other side, he says it's difficult to assess the impact of individual in large scale projects.

I am thinking of submitting a review highlighting
1. Internet sites, research reports, Gartner reports etc. highlighting the S/W, product and platform offerings of my company - glad they have one. Hoping this will give some evidence to reviewer about product led company.
Will it be good to collect similar evidence for the banks as clients I have worked with?

2. Will it be a good idea to highlight the contributions I have made in large projects from recommendation letters and QC1 letters that I have submitted?

Can I also evidence points mentioned in the CV or just the letters that's submitted?
Is there any template or expected way that I should structure my arguments as a response?

True that at the least I will have one more round of feedback which can help me with my next application.

Appreciate your time for replying Deepak

Rafs123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Rafs123 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:07 pm

Hi Members,
Will appreciate if you can share your understanding or experience about review process in light of below :
1. Can I include information available on public domain (internet sites) as a reference to my review which outlines products and platform my company is involved in?
2. Can I include any analyst report available to everyone publicly that talks about product and platforms?
3. Do I have to include evidence of product led company just for my employer or for clients as well that I have worked with (included review comments from tech nation in my initial post)

Will appreciate if you can share your experience
Best

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:10 pm

You may use public records. That's not a problem. However, these public records won't point and value your participation as an individual. I feel like the refusal came from them not appreciating at its right value your own contribution.

You probably worked as part of a large multidisciplinary team without a large corporation. So even if the projects delivered as impressive, it's hard to evaluate who did what and what is the contribution of any single participant like yourself.

Rafs123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Rafs123 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi Zerubbabel
Thanks for your response - I can see it as two step problem -
1. They not appreciating a fact that work done is for product led company - this is where I want to bring public information like internet sites/analyst reports. So wondering if this is permissible as per the review rules?
Do I have to show product led evidences for just my employer or the clients I have worked with as well?

2. Second, my contribution to large scale projects - this is where I can point them towards what’s my contribution in those projects through referencing documents submitted on original documents. This is easy to respond than the first one

Will appreciate further input from you and other members
Best

sonali_1_dash
India

Post by sonali_1_dash » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:30 am

Hi Rafs,

As long as you are showing
1.you are not working for a client through a service based industry and the project on what you have contributed ,
2.how it digitally impacting and is able to showcase your individual contribution (eg provided idea, or wrote code for particular module, Designed the architecture, day to day basis guided team development of the products/applications) through architecture diagram, GIT profile , code snippet, Work flow diagram etc

it should be fine. From the evidence it should reflect digital impact of the outome product/application and your contributions.

Thanks
SD

ap1010
Newly Registered
India

Post by ap1010 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:42 pm

Hi Rafs123

did you finally submit the review ? I got almost the same feedback and language on QC1 and I am planning to submit review in a week or so.

input based on your experience will be immensely helpful. Thanks