ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to extend Visa but out of country more than 90 days

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deesea
Newly Registered
United States of America

Want to extend Visa but out of country more than 90 days

Post by deesea » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:31 pm

Hello ~ I am a recipient of the Tech Nation ET Visa in Digital Technology and began my startup in London (was there for 2.5 years). Due to family circumstances as well as an effort to keep growing the business, I needed to get back to the States, and have been here more than 100 days. The Visa is about to expire and I am keen to extend it, however wondering if it will be rejected based on the amount of time I've been out of the country.

I can not find anything in the official guidance about length of time out of country, other than when applying for ILR (180 days is the max). Does anyone have any experience with this?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Want to extend Visa but out of country more than 90 days

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:43 pm

The limit on absence is 180 days, not 90 days. This applies to ilr.

However for an extension, there is no limit but you must meet the requirements of your visa and still be endorsed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

deesea
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Want to extend Visa but out of country more than 90 days

Post by deesea » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:36 pm

Brilliant thank you so much...