ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When do the 18 days /2 months start for Tech Nation? Online submission or physical docs receipt?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ATDI
Newly Registered
India

When do the 18 days /2 months start for Tech Nation? Online submission or physical docs receipt?

Post by ATDI » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Does the clock start ticking from the date of online form submission, receipt of physical documents by the Home Office or forwarding of the documents from Home Office to Tech Nation?

The timeline is extremely critical for me since my current visa expires towards the end of October.

Also, does Tech Nation inform you about the acceptance of Fast Track or not?

Thanks

marcnath

Re: When do the 18 days /2 months start for Tech Nation? Online submission or physical docs receipt?

Post by marcnath » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 pm

ATDI wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:19 pm
Does the clock start ticking from the date of online form submission, receipt of physical documents by the Home Office or forwarding of the documents from Home Office to Tech Nation?

The timeline is extremely critical for me since my current visa expires towards the end of October.

Also, does Tech Nation inform you about the acceptance of Fast Track or not?

Thanks
The date of application is the date of online submission.

But now that you have submitted your application, you will have Section 3C protection once your current visa expires. i.e. your visa gets automatically extended on the same terms as you initially granted until a decision on the ET is made.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ATDI
Newly Registered
India

Re: When do the 18 days /2 months start for Tech Nation? Online submission or physical docs receipt?

Post by ATDI » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:36 pm

As per my understanding, the Section 3C protection will only be available when you apply for a visa. Not when you apply for endorsement to Tech Nation. Is there a difference of opinion here?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:56 pm

ATDI wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:36 pm
As per my understanding, the Section 3C protection will only be available when you apply for a visa. Not when you apply for endorsement to Tech Nation. Is there a difference of opinion here?
That is correct. I assumed you have submitted the visa (stage 2) application, not just the request for endorsement.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ATDI
Newly Registered
India

Post by ATDI » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:13 am

I wrote to Tech Nation asking for clarification. Here's their reply..

"The trigger point for the start of the 18 working days (for Fast Track) or 25 working days (standard) is from the day we at Tech Nation, receive the application sent over from the Home Office to when we return with the decision."

So, it is NOT the online submission when their timer starts ticking. It is the physical copies of documents forwarded by Home Office to Tech Nation.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 am

ATDI wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:13 am
I wrote to Tech Nation asking for clarification. Here's their reply..

"The trigger point for the start of the 18 working days (for Fast Track) or 25 working days (standard) is from the day we at Tech Nation, receive the application sent over from the Home Office to when we return with the decision."

So, it is NOT the online submission when their timer starts ticking. It is the physical copies of documents forwarded by Home Office to Tech Nation.
Useful clarification.

You had the option of submitting both Stage 1 and Stage 2 application at the same time - that would have ensured Section 3C protection.

It is not clear if you can do a Stage 2 application separately but if it does come close to your Visa expiry, you should go ahead and submit the Stage 2 application anyway. If accepted and you get a biometric request (for example) the Section 3C will kick in