ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

indian_uk

Post by indian_uk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:45 am

Hi I applied for my renewal of passport and got it back with in a week, I applied in Indian high commission in London.

sinspider
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 application - what documents did you submit?

Post by sinspider » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi Skris,
The documents you stated look enough. If you can get a letter from your employer also certifying your income that would help (though not compulsory).

DONT FORGET TO WRITE RESPECTIVE NAMES BEHIND THE PHOTOS :)

For Maintanence, you can show any personal account (savings or current) which can show that in the past 3 months the primary applicant has funds for himself + all dependants. If the primary applicant does not have enough money in his account, then the dependant can show that they have their own accounts with the required money.

skris wrote:Hello All,

Those who have applied for tier 1, please can you let me know what documents you have submitted. I'm planning to apply soon with two dependants (spouse+child). Is this what I should send?

1. Passport + photos for all 3
2. 12 months payslips
3. 12 months bank statement
4. Marriage certificate
5. Application forms for self + 2 additional dependant forms
6. Original degree certs + transcripts
7. self assessment report

The one thing that is confusing is the maintenance. I see that I need to have 800 pounds at anytime the last 3 months. However, for dependants, I suppose we need another 1066 pounds for 3 months (533 each). If so, is there a need to submit spouse's bank statements or is it enough if I can show this amount through other savings?

I'm planning to write a covering letter detailing the docs etc. Is there anything else I would need to submit?

Appreciate your help. Thanks!

sinspider
Newly Registered

Post by sinspider » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi wp2tier1,
i think that is a smart thing to do. good luck with everything
wp2tier1 wrote:Hi All,

Well I have decided to get my indian passport renewed before I apply for tier1. And consulate in birmingham told me it will take 6 days for me to get new passport. So i should be deferring my tier1 application for couple of weeks.

On timelines, when I had called HO,they said there is no service standard yet for tier1 but it should take around 5-6 weeks.

Good luck to everyone here.I wish all of you get the approvals soon.

Cheers

ashraya

Post by ashraya » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:42 pm

wp2tier1

I can also confirm that it takes only a week to get the indian passport renewed. I just did that for my wife before I applied for the Tier1.

Ashraya

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:27 pm

Hi Indian_uk/ashraya

Thanks for confirming that passport renewal takes just a week.I hope this will make things easier for me. Can you please tell me if you went in person or sent by post. I am going to consulate general birmingham in person. Did you get back your passport via self addressed special delivery envelope or collected in person? If you have to go in person to collect can you first get a confirmation by calling them whether they have passport ready.(to avoid unneccasry trip).

Thanks

ashraya

Post by ashraya » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:37 pm

We went in Person, and collected in person. Anyone can go for collection, it doesnt have to be the applicant. There is an option for giving an envelope, but it just adds to the time taken. I would invest the extra trip to get the passport early and safe.

Ashraya.
Hi Indian_uk/ashraya

Thanks for confirming that passport renewal takes just a week.I hope this will make things easier for me. Can you please tell me if you went in person or sent by post. I am going to consulate general birmingham in person. Did you get back your passport via self addressed special delivery envelope or collected in person? If you have to go in person to collect can you first get a confirmation by calling them whether they have passport ready.(to avoid unneccasry trip).

Thanks

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi ashraya,

Thanks for informing. I too think its better to collect in person. But did you just go after one week or first called them up to confirm that they have done it?

Actually I am quite far from both birmingham and london and hence the concern.

Thanks

ashraya

Post by ashraya » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:41 am

wp2tier1:

I dont think they give us an option to verify beforehand. We just need to trust the date given and go ahead with it. I met a few folks there when I went, and hardly anyone who had come to collect a passport left empty handed. (Not to say it will not happen, but the hit ratio seems rather good.) I live around 3 hours from London too, and would have been very disappointed if it did not come thru, but happy it did.

Ashraya

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:34 pm

Hi Ashraya

Thanks again for sharing your experience. I have given my passport today and am given date of 1st april to collect. Lets hope I get it on that day.I went to birmingham and standing in que outside for 1.5 hours in 2 degrees was a "chilling" expereince..:) ....

Thanks again

junior

Info regarding salary slip Tier1

Post by junior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Hi all,
can someone plz specify if we need to get the UK salary slips signed and stamped by the employer...I am really confused on this aspect...thanks

ashraya

Re: Info regarding salary slip Tier1

Post by ashraya » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:57 am

My Understanding: Not required, unless they are not originals, OR they are web print outs.

Ashraya
junior wrote:Hi all,
can someone plz specify if we need to get the UK salary slips signed and stamped by the employer...I am really confused on this aspect...thanks

getkumars
Newly Registered

submitted on 25th March

Post by getkumars » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:10 pm

submitted on 25th March via Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Money deducted on 26th March..

Now waiting for reference number ..

Cheers
kumar

SSTier1
Newly Registered

Post by SSTier1 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:18 am

Posted my Tier 1 Application: 25th of March
Recieved Home office : 26th March (royal mail special delivery)
Debit card charged: 26th march
Reference number recieved : 29th march.

Cheers
SS

getkumars
Newly Registered

Post by getkumars » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:57 pm

Reference number received 29th March

smitakaranth
Newly Registered

Inputs needed

Post by smitakaranth » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi All,

I wd appreciate your inputs on my queries:

1) Kindly let me if you guys have aproached any consultants for handling ur HSMP applications?Or if u have handled on ur own?Also wanted to knw d fee?

2)Where shud d application be sent?Can you direct me to d URL which provided these details?

Expecting inputs 4 d above

Thanks
Smita

urgent

Post by urgent » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:01 pm

Tier 1 application filed on : 29th March 08

Dear all,

Please post your updates regulary so that it will help everyone including me.

Thanks
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

cisman
Newly Registered
Mood:

Applied 29 March... HSMP Tier 1

Post by cisman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:38 pm

Applied for Tier 1 HSMP:

Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008

Claimed = 80 Points
English Language = 10 Points
Funds = 10 Points
Last edited by cisman on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urgent

what message did u get from homeoffice along with ref number

Post by urgent » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi All,
Sinspider says that he received his reference and also the following message "processing time is approximately 28 days" from home office.

What about others who got their reference numbers ? Did u get any message from home office like sinspider ?

please post your messages here it will help in understanding the approx processing time.
indian,

ashraya

Re: what message did u get from homeoffice along with ref nu

Post by ashraya » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:23 am

For what it is worth, I have received the same letter (with the 28 days mentioned...) I thought it would have been the same for anyone who has received their reference number, is it not so?

Ashraya
urgent wrote:Hi All,
Sinspider says that he received his reference and also the following message "processing time is approximately 28 days" from home office.

What about others who got their reference numbers ? Did u get any message from home office like sinspider ?

please post your messages here it will help in understanding the approx processing time.

urgent

Thanks

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:44 am

Ashraya,

Thanks for the post. Just curious to know what is mentioned with the reference letter. I guess you will be the first person to get the approval.
I am also expecting my reference number by today/tomorow.

I applied on 29th March
Reached home office on 31st March.
Money deducted : I used postal orders, so i can say that they would have encashed it immediately.

Reference number received : 2-April-08 (but they posted it on 31st itself)
Last edited by urgent on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indian,

ashraya

Re: Thanks

Post by ashraya » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:05 am

I will try and put a scanned copy of the letter online this evening... (Kids permitting...)

Ashraya
urgent wrote:Ashraya,

Thanks for the post. Just curious to know what is mentioned with the reference letter. I guess you will be the first person to get the approval.
I am also expecting my reference number by today/tomorow.

I applied on 29th March
Reached home office on 31st March.
Money deducted : I used postal orders, so i can say that they would have encashed it immediately.

Reference number : Awaiting

sinspider
Newly Registered

My Tier 1 REJECTED

Post by sinspider » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi guys,
I have a very bad news to share. I got the decision from the Home Office today. They rejected my application saying that the document I provided was insufficient to prove that I had enough qualifications. They also said I cannot appeal against the decision.

Basically I had a PhD degree from a Swedish University and when I graduated they gave me a degree certificate in Swedish and official transcript in English. On the self assessment tool, the university was recognised as equivalent to the UK degree and english.

I provided both the documents for Tier-1 application but BIA claims that they are not the "Original Certificate of Award". I called them today and explained to them that those are the original certificates. However, they dont seem to understand. At the end, they suggested that I should get a cover letter from the Swedish university (explaining why the degree certificates look like this) and pay the fees again and reapply.

I dont think I will do that. I am happy to continue on a work permit and apply for ILR when the 5 years are gone.

My suggestion to every body who has got a degree certificate in a non-english language is
Even if you have an official transcript in english from the university,
- get the non-english certificate translated and certified
- provide the english transcript along with the application
- get a letter from the university that the "Original Certificate of Degree Award" are the documents provided
- you should write a cover letter saying that the degree certificates from that university do look like that and that they are the originals

Today I realised that it is better to chimpanzees than the workers at the Tier1. They will not allow you to talk to the case workers. Some middle level staff will talk to you and when you pose a question, they put you on hold, go and clarify that thing with the case worker and then come back and tell you what the case worker said. It is just shambles.

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Nice to meet you guys here,below is my application detail:

Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March by mail starting with PB299**
Current Status: Awaiting Decision

I've phoned HO asking about the timeline, the answer is there is no service standard for tier 1 yet bcos is quite new , but roughly 5-6 weeks.

Regards,
Wish all good luck to everyone.

Gob00st

Gob00st

Re: what message did u get from homeoffice along with ref nu

Post by Gob00st » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:43 pm

I got the same information in the letter saying:
We ask that you wait 28 days before calling us about this application....

So I reckon it's the same letter for everyone except name and reference number.
ashraya wrote:For what it is worth, I have received the same letter (with the 28 days mentioned...) I thought it would have been the same for anyone who has received their reference number, is it not so?

Ashraya
urgent wrote:Hi All,

Gob00st

Re: My Tier 1 REJECTED

Post by Gob00st » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:59 pm

Bro, sorry for the bad news.

I just don't quite understand why HO didn't discuss with you over phone first b4 they sent the rejection letter? And these no directly talking to case worker rule?!

Anyway,lucky you still have your work permit, so nothing catastrophic happened to you, so cheer up!

Gob00st
sinspider wrote:Hi guys,
I have a very bad news to share. I got the decision from the Home Office today. They rejected my application saying that the document I provided was insufficient to prove that I had enough qualifications. They also said I cannot appeal against the decision.

Basically I had a PhD degree from a Swedish University and when I graduated they gave me a degree certificate in Swedish and official transcript in English. On the self assessment tool, the university was recognised as equivalent to the UK degree and english.

I provided both the documents for Tier-1 application but BIA claims that they are not the "Original Certificate of Award". I called them today and explained to them that those are the original certificates. However, they dont seem to understand. At the end, they suggested that I should get a cover letter from the Swedish university (explaining why the degree certificates look like this) and pay the fees again and reapply.

I dont think I will do that. I am happy to continue on a work permit and apply for ILR when the 5 years are gone.

My suggestion to every body who has got a degree certificate in a non-english language is
Even if you have an official transcript in english from the university,
- get the non-english certificate translated and certified
- provide the english transcript along with the application
- get a letter from the university that the "Original Certificate of Degree Award" are the documents provided
- you should write a cover letter saying that the degree certificates from that university do look like that and that they are the originals

Today I realised that it is better to chimpanzees than the workers at the Tier1. They will not allow you to talk to the case workers. Some middle level staff will talk to you and when you pose a question, they put you on hold, go and clarify that thing with the case worker and then come back and tell you what the case worker said. It is just shambles.