ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Tier 1 (General) Application Approved

Post by Gob00st » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:47 am

Congrats hsmpaspirant2007! Another good news!!

Did you get your documents back already or you get this information through phone?

BTW:irf_bar should get approved already also since his case got debited in the same date as you. irf_bar, any update?

Regards
Bob00st
hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Decision Taken: 31st March
Current Status: Approved.

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Tier 1 (General) Application Approved

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:48 am

Hi hsmpaspirant2007,

congratulations...great news.

did you apply under ter 1 initial application ...or had HSMP approval letter and applied for FLR ?

please reply....

thanks


hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Decision Taken: 31st March
Current Status: Approved.
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: Tier 1 (General) Application Approved

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:53 am

Hi All,

I applied under Tier 1 (General) intial application along with my dependents. Our passports were also stamped and just arrived.
urgent wrote:Hi hsmpaspirant2007,

congratulations...great news.

did you apply under ter 1 initial application ...or had HSMP approval letter and applied for FLR ?

please reply....

thanks


hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Decision Taken: 31st March
Current Status: Approved.

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Tier 1 (General) Application Approved

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:57 am

Great news...congratulations once again.

hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:Hi All,

I applied under Tier 1 (General) intial application along with my dependents. Our passports were also stamped and just arrived.
urgent wrote:Hi hsmpaspirant2007,

congratulations...great news.

did you apply under ter 1 initial application ...or had HSMP approval letter and applied for FLR ?

please reply....

thanks


hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Decision Taken: 31st March
Current Status: Approved.
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Latest list

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Modified with latest updates...
[quote="urgent"]I just summarized the data from the forum who applied under tier 1, on which date, when they got the reference number and the status.

NOTE : I re-arranged them based on the date the fee is charged as that is when the real processing starts...Smile

ashraya:
======
Date Applied :6th march
Reached Home office : 8th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :18th March ( PB2988....)
Decision : Awaited

asiar08
=====
Date Applied : 11 March
Reached Home office : 12th march
Credit card charged: 13th March
Reference Number : PB299***
Decision : Awaited

aylee:
======
Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

lisa_simpson
========
Date Applied : 11 March
Reached Home office : 12 March
Debit card charged: 13 March
Reference Number Received: 14 March
Reference Number : PB299***
Decision Received: YES!! Very Happy
Documents Received: 8th April


hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Decision Taken: 31st March
Passport stamped: 4th April
Current Status: Approved.

irf_bar:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March(PB299**)
Decision : Awaited

sinspider:
=========
APPLIED: March 13th
RECD at Home Office: March 14th
Charged : 18th March
REFERENCE no: 19th March
Decision :Rejected 2nd April( Reason mentioned: Degree was in Swedish)


GobOOst:
=======
Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited

rajiv502
======
Date Applied :19th march
Reached Home office : 20th march
Credit card charged: 25th March
Reference Number received :28th March ( PB3001....)
Decision : Awaited

getkumars:
=========
Date Applied : 25 March
Reached Home office : 26th march
Debit card charged: 27th March
Reference Number Received: 29th March
Reference Number : PB3007***
Decision : 3 rd April(As per conversation)
Documents Received: awaited

SSTier1:
=======
Posted my Tier 1 Application: 25th of March
Recieved Home office : 26th March
Debit card charged: 26th march
Reference number recieved : 29th march.
Decision : Awaited

cisman:
=======
Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008 (.....)
Decision : Awaited


urgent:
=======
Date Applied :29th march
Reached Home office : 31st march
charged: 31st March
Reference Number received :2nd April( PB3012***)
Decision : Awaited

nibbs:
====
posted- 4th April 2008
payment- 7th April 2008
reference -7th April 2008 - PB301******


fardeen:
=====
Applied: April 7th
Recd at Home Office: April 8th
Payment Processed: April 8th
Reference no:
Decision:
Last edited by urgent on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Tier 1 (General) Application Approved

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi hsmpaspirant2007,

Can u reply for the following please...

When the decision taken :??
When the passport stamped : ??

Thanks
hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:Hi All,

I applied under Tier 1 (General) intial application along with my dependents. Our passports were also stamped and just arrived.
urgent wrote:Hi hsmpaspirant2007,

congratulations...great news.

did you apply under ter 1 initial application ...or had HSMP approval letter and applied for FLR ?

please reply....

thanks


hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Decision Taken: 31st March
Current Status: Approved.
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: Tier 1 (General) Application Approved

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:51 pm

hi...The decision was taken on 31st Mar and the passport was stamped on 4th april.
urgent wrote:Hi hsmpaspirant2007,

Can u reply for the following please...

When the decision taken :??
When the passport stamped : ??

Thanks
hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:Hi All,

I applied under Tier 1 (General) intial application along with my dependents. Our passports were also stamped and just arrived.
urgent wrote:Hi hsmpaspirant2007,

congratulations...great news.

did you apply under ter 1 initial application ...or had HSMP approval letter and applied for FLR ?

please reply....

thanks


hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Decision Taken: 31st March
Current Status: Approved.

abhishekagrawal79
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Tier 1 (General) Application Approved

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Hi hsmpaspirant2007,

Many congratulations to you. Can you please please let me know couple of queries.

1. From where you applied, within UK or outside UK
2. How did you provided maintenance funds. Was it from your account or your wife's account as well.
3. Did you wrote seperate covering for maintenance funds letters for dependents


Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Abhishek

abhishekagrawal79
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:46 am

Re: New theory of how TIER 1 application being prioritize !

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Thanks a lot Ashraya.

Really appreciate it.

Abhishek
ashraya wrote:Abhishek:

I had last year attempted to get HSMP and failed with such circumstances. If we are paid an allowance in UK, that cannot be shown as Salary. Normally, firms giving Salary in India and Allowance in UK do not pay any NI or other taxes on the UK allowance. So, that cannot be shown as salary. Also, since the Person is in UK, you have to calculate the Indian salary straight converted into UK Pounds, without the multiplier. (The New Tier 1 Assessment tool does this automatically).

So, to use the multiplier, the person must stay in the same country. This was clearly mentioned in the rejection letter I got the last time.

Given that, it was deemed I did not qualify. I have changed employers after that, and now I am paid a straight UK salary and Allowance in India. That is how I now qualify for Tier 1, and am waiting for decision.

Regards,
Ashraya
abhishekagrawal79 wrote:Hi All,

I have one doubt. One of my couleague is showing Indian Earnings where as he was was in UK and getting UK allowance as well. But his majority earnings were paid in India as he was with an Indian Software firm.

So is it necessary that the person who is showing earnings from Country A shohld be staing in the same country to show earnings.

Thanks in avance.
Abhishek

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Progress update

Post by Gob00st » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited (being assigned to case worker at 8th April, but no decision yet...)

Best luck to ALL!
Gob00st

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Progress update

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:19 pm

Hi Gob00st,

How do u know your case is assigned to caseworker on 8th April. Did u call the home office....then how did u manage to get this answer from them.


Gob00st wrote:Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited (being assigned to case worker at 8th April, but no decision yet...)

Best luck to ALL!
Gob00st
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Progress update

Post by Gob00st » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:30 pm

I called on 7th Apr, answer was has not been assigned to caseworker yet.
I called in 9th Apr morning, answer was with caseworker ,no decision yet.

Base on the assumption that HO was telling me the truth:
You can assume it has been assigned on 8th Apr even if my money being debited around 20th March, seems a bit slow though.

Regards
Gob00st
urgent wrote:Hi Gob00st,

How do u know your case is assigned to caseworker on 8th April. Did u call the home office....then how did u manage to get this answer from them.


Gob00st wrote:Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited (being assigned to case worker at 8th April, but no decision yet...)

Best luck to ALL!
Gob00st

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Updated urgent's progress table with case worker info

Post by Gob00st » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi urgent, I just updated your table with latest available information inside this thread regarding case worker
ashraya:
======
Date Applied :6th march
Reached Home office : 8th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :18th March ( PB2988....)
Decision : Awaited (Still with Case Worker, No Decision Yet)

asiar08
=====
Date Applied : 11 March
Reached Home office : 12th march
Credit card charged: 13th March
Reference Number : PB299***
Decision : Awaited (Not with Case Worker yet)

aylee:
======
Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

lisa_simpson
========
Date Applied : 11 March
Reached Home office : 12 March
Debit card charged: 13 March
Reference Number Received: 14 March
Reference Number : PB299***
Decision Received: YES!! Very Happy
Documents Received: 8th April


hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Decision Taken: 31st March
Passport stamped: 4th April
Current Status: Approved.
Documents Received: 9th April

irf_bar:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March(PB299**)
Decision : Awaited

sinspider:
=========
APPLIED: March 13th
RECD at Home Office: March 14th
Charged : 18th March
REFERENCE no: 19th March
Decision :Rejected 2nd April( Reason mentioned: Degree was in Swedish)


GobOOst:
=======
Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited(Still with Case Worker, No Decision Yet)

rajiv502
======
Date Applied :19th march
Reached Home office : 20th march
Credit card charged: 25th March
Reference Number received :28th March ( PB3001....)
Decision : Awaited

getkumars:
=========
Date Applied : 25 March
Reached Home office : 26th march
Debit card charged: 27th March
Reference Number Received: 29th March
Reference Number : PB3007***
Decision : 3 rd April(As per conversation)
Documents Received: awaited

SSTier1:
=======
Posted my Tier 1 Application: 25th of March
Recieved Home office : 26th March
Debit card charged: 26th march
Reference number recieved : 29th march.
Decision : Awaited

cisman:
=======
Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008 (.....)
Decision : Awaited


urgent:
=======
Date Applied :29th march
Reached Home office : 31st march
charged: 31st March
Reference Number received :2nd April( PB3012***)
Decision : Awaited

nibbs:
====
posted- 4th April 2008
payment- 7th April 2008
reference -7th April 2008 - PB301******


fardeen:
=====
Applied: April 7th
Recd at Home Office: April 8th
Payment Processed: April 8th
Reference no:
Decision:

Regards
Gob00st

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Post by Gob00st » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi Ashraya:

According to my India friend once your case with case worker, decision normally be made within a few days. So keep calling and updating.

Wish all the best to your case and to ALL!
Gob00st
ashraya wrote:Guys:

Just called HO, and was informed status as "Still with Case Worker, No Decision Yet".

Regards,
Ashraya

wp2tier1
Junior Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by wp2tier1 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:16 pm

my timeline so far

wp2tier1:
--------------

Applied:5th April

Received at HO: 8th April

Reference Number: awaited

wp2tier1
Junior Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by wp2tier1 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:21 pm

Nibbs,

How come you received reference number on same day as your payment processed? Did you get reference number over phone or by post? How did you pay? I had paid by postal order .

Hows everyone else getting reference number? By phone or post?

fardeen,

ur date of receipt at HO is same as mine so our timeline on processing should be close. Is yours initial application or FLR and is it using UK masters?

wp2tier1
Junior Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by wp2tier1 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:23 pm

Congrats hsmpaspirant2007,

Lets hope we keep getting such good news. Did you use UK masters for your points?

I am asking bcos it seems people with UK masters are getting approvals faster. Any inputs from anyone else??

ashraya
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 am

How did your docs come back?

Post by ashraya » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:42 pm

HSMPAspirant:

Today, I have missed a delivery that came via ParcelForce. It could be some other parcel, but the only one I am expecting is the HSMP papers. How did you guys get the papers back? Was it ParcelForce by any chance?

Regards,
Ashraya

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi...I used my Indian masters for the points.

All the best!!! Have patience.....To my knowledge, they work in the order they receive the applications....

HSMPaspirant2007
wp2tier1 wrote:Congrats hsmpaspirant2007,

Lets hope we keep getting such good news. Did you use UK masters for your points?

I am asking bcos it seems people with UK masters are getting approvals faster. Any inputs from anyone else??

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: Tier 1 (General) Application Approved

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi abhishekagrawal79,

1. Applied within UK
2. My current account (which anyway you have to show for earnings proof) plus my savings account statement. All was from my account
3. No seperate covering letter for maintenance.

Hope this helps.

abhishekagrawal79 wrote:Hi hsmpaspirant2007,

Many congratulations to you. Can you please please let me know couple of queries.

1. From where you applied, within UK or outside UK
2. How did you provided maintenance funds. Was it from your account or your wife's account as well.
3. Did you wrote seperate covering for maintenance funds letters for dependents


Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Abhishek

panji
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:02 pm
Contact:

Tier 1 doubts

Post by panji » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi HSMPAspirant,

Congrats on your achievement. Am planning to apply for tier 1 soon i have the following doubts:

1. Do i have to pay separately for my dependents if i am applying to gether?

2. can i show FD's for maintenance fund?

Panji

nibbs08
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:48 pm

Post by nibbs08 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Hi Wp2tier1

Yeah I called them and thats when I recieved the reference no

cheers

Nibbs

fardeens
Junior Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:32 pm

Post by fardeens » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:21 pm

wp2tier1 wrote:
fardeen,

ur date of receipt at HO is same as mine so our timeline on processing should be close. Is yours initial application or FLR and is it using UK masters?
Switching from Work Permit to Tier1. No, using India masters.

wp2tier1
Junior Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by wp2tier1 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:21 pm

hsmpaspirant and others,

Can you please let me know how you got your reference number? Do you get it by calling HO or you get by post?

When I called up HO today,the guy said that they wont be able to tell reference number for couple of days but as told in post above nibbs has got it same day by calling!!

shivaa
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:31 pm

Re: Latest list

Post by shivaa » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi Urgent!
Thanks for updating!
Can you please add the application type..like wp to tier1.Really your updated list help us to get the idea.
regards,
Shivaa
urgent wrote:Modified with latest updates...
urgent wrote:I just summarized the data from the forum who applied under tier 1, on which date, when they got the reference number and the status.

NOTE : I re-arranged them based on the date the fee is charged as that is when the real processing starts...Smile

ashraya:
======
Date Applied :6th march
Reached Home office : 8th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :18th March ( PB2988....)
Decision : Awaited

asiar08
=====
Date Applied : 11 March
Reached Home office : 12th march
Credit card charged: 13th March
Reference Number : PB299***
Decision : Awaited

aylee:
======
Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

lisa_simpson
========
Date Applied : 11 March
Reached Home office : 12 March
Debit card charged: 13 March
Reference Number Received: 14 March
Reference Number : PB299***
Decision Received: YES!! Very Happy
Documents Received: 8th April


hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Decision Taken: 31st March
Passport stamped: 4th April
Current Status: Approved.

irf_bar:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March(PB299**)
Decision : Awaited

sinspider:
=========
APPLIED: March 13th
RECD at Home Office: March 14th
Charged : 18th March
REFERENCE no: 19th March
Decision :Rejected 2nd April( Reason mentioned: Degree was in Swedish)


GobOOst:
=======
Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited

rajiv502
======
Date Applied :19th march
Reached Home office : 20th march
Credit card charged: 25th March
Reference Number received :28th March ( PB3001....)
Decision : Awaited

getkumars:
=========
Date Applied : 25 March
Reached Home office : 26th march
Debit card charged: 27th March
Reference Number Received: 29th March
Reference Number : PB3007***
Decision : 3 rd April(As per conversation)
Documents Received: awaited

SSTier1:
=======
Posted my Tier 1 Application: 25th of March
Recieved Home office : 26th March
Debit card charged: 26th march
Reference number recieved : 29th march.
Decision : Awaited

cisman:
=======
Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008 (.....)
Decision : Awaited


urgent:
=======
Date Applied :29th march
Reached Home office : 31st march
charged: 31st March
Reference Number received :2nd April( PB3012***)
Decision : Awaited

nibbs:
====
posted- 4th April 2008
payment- 7th April 2008
reference -7th April 2008 - PB301******


fardeen:
=====
Applied: April 7th
Recd at Home Office: April 8th
Payment Processed: April 8th
Reference no:
Decision:

Locked
cron