ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
shilpigoel
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 am

Post by shilpigoel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:27 pm

rahsmp,

in application, they also says for total earning that Applicants should input their earnings into Tier 1 (General) Self Assessment Tool uplift calculator and provide their total earnings claimed, in UK sterling.

so if I put my income like as u said in Self assessment tool then it uplifts my india salary according to india amout and UK allownaces as it is.

so there is 2 columns now in Self assesment tool
1) Sterling equivalent (£ 20xxxx + £ 4xxxx) = £ 24xxxx
2) Equivalent United Kingdom (£ 20xxxx + £4xxxxx * uplifted value)=£42xxxx

so which I should take?

Ashraya,

I am claiming earningpoints from 1st mar 2007 to 29th Fe 2008. Last year
P60 dont have much info and thus year P60, I didnt get yet.
If I wouldnt submit my P60 then ??

rahsmp
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Post by rahsmp » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:35 pm

You can not uplift(please refer the Tier1 guidelines) the Indian Earnings as you are working here and Hence your total earnings will be only (UK earnings+ Indian Earnings in Pounds) in your case it will be £2XXXX

If you are able to get 75 points using this figure then you can go ahead.

shilpigoel
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 am

Post by shilpigoel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:49 pm

Thanks a lot guyies, I'll check my last P60 for Allowances verfication.

1) one more thing, here i UK I get standard formal salary slip so even then I should get it attested from company?
2) another, My india bank statement is computer generated and signed and sealed by bank. is that fine?? bcoz there is no bank logo on it.

irf_bar
Junior Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:57 pm
Contact:

hI SHILPI,

Post by irf_bar » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:26 pm

1) If i was have the same case as you did, then defently i present my documents 100% not leaving any think behind or after submission. i.e if i present my documents in proper manner that much chances i get it 2 approved soon. So defently i will ask my HR to stamp all my pay slip and with letter stating every thnik clear.

2) Im not sure about this ( but as per the requirement for tier1 the bakstatment/ bank letter/ any think which proof you minimun fund 800 pound should have their bank logo, date, seal etc. on it) if you can ask yous bank to provide you the letter stating that on letter head of the bank and proof that you have £800 minimum balance maitain in that a/c since last three months ( i guess it will work).

and i think rahsmp,Ashraya can guide you in this regards in detail

Regards,
Irf.

shilpigoel wrote:Thanks a lot guyies, I'll check my last P60 for Allowances verfication.

1) one more thing, here i UK I get standard formal salary slip so even then I should get it attested from company?
2) another, My india bank statement is computer generated and signed and sealed by bank. is that fine?? bcoz there is no bank logo on it.

lisa_simpson
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:06 am

Post by lisa_simpson » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:35 pm

One question for those who were on Work Permit and then applied to Tire 1.

Is it mandatory for us to tell our employers about the change in our status once Tire 1 is approved?

sidshekhar
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:25 am

Work Permit to Tier1

Post by sidshekhar » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:43 pm

Yes,Its necessary to inform your employer about change in status. As they have keep records to legal status of employees to work.As soon as you get a Tier1 your Work permit gets cancelled as Tier 1 supersedes the WP .

Sid
lisa_simpson wrote:One question for those who were on Work Permit and then applied to Tire 1.

Is it mandatory for us to tell our employers about the change in our status once Tire 1 is approved?

shilpigoel
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 am

Post by shilpigoel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:45 pm

rahsmp,Ashraya

Please reply my last post......

lisa_simpson
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:06 am

Re: Work Permit to Tier1

Post by lisa_simpson » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Where dose it say in the guidance notes or BIA website
sidshekhar wrote:Yes,Its necessary to inform your employer about change in status. As they have keep records to legal status of employees to work.As soon as you get a Tier1 your Work permit gets cancelled as Tier 1 supersedes the WP .

Sid
lisa_simpson wrote:One question for those who were on Work Permit and then applied to Tire 1.

Is it mandatory for us to tell our employers about the change in our status once Tire 1 is approved?

rahsmp
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Post by rahsmp » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi Ships,

1) one more thing, here i UK I get standard formal salary slip so even then I should get it attested from company?

According to the Guidance notes for Tier1 Section 110 formal payslips are ok. If you get attested from company then it will be good.

2) another, My india bank statement is computer generated and signed and sealed by bank. is that fine?? bcoz there is no bank logo on it.
For Earnings:
According to this It should be in Bank Headed paper / A letter from Bank is required.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... tatements/

For Maintanance
It should have the details mentioned in this page:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

shilpigoel
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 am

Post by shilpigoel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Thanks a lot

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Hurrahhhh........

Post by Gob00st » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:24 pm

Congrats Asiar08, way to go!
All the best to your future.

And ALL the best to those who still w8 for the results!
Gob00st
asiar08 wrote:Hi All,

My docs have been dispached on 18th April. I called on same day to HO. I was also told that my case is approved for 3 yrs. I hope I will get passport on 22nd April.

I am so relaxed and now it's party time :-) Thanks a million to all of you for supporting me and to each other as well. Keep it UPPPP...


Thanks,
Asia08

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Work Permit to Tier1

Post by Gob00st » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi Lisa_simpson:

I think it is not mentioned mandatory, but it is recommend for your employer to do it,which has nothing to do with you. I got both Tier1 and WP as well and I have already told my employer about this.

So I recommend you at least tell your employer about the fact that you have acquired Tier 1 recently,then I reckon they know how to handle it.
Because I am not entirely sure if your condition meets what I am quoting below,make sure you don't sent the wrong form(contact HO if necessary but ofc its the job of your employer).


Regards,
Gob00st


BIA website Quote below(not entirely sure if your condition meets below):
________________________________________________________
What if the person does not take up the post or the employment ends prematurely?

This page explains what you should do if the employee we issued a work permit for does not take up the post or the employment ends prematurely.

It is important that you notify us at once if the person does not take up the post or if the employment of a work permit holder ends prematurely, whether the employee leaves voluntarily or is made redundant.

We should also be informed if your company ceases to trade while you still have work permit holders in your employment.
________________________________________________________
lisa_simpson wrote:Where dose it say in the guidance notes or BIA website
sidshekhar wrote:Yes,Its necessary to inform your employer about change in status. As they have keep records to legal status of employees to work.As soon as you get a Tier1 your Work permit gets cancelled as Tier 1 supersedes the WP .

Sid
lisa_simpson wrote:One question for those who were on Work Permit and then applied to Tire 1.

Is it mandatory for us to tell our employers about the change in our status once Tire 1 is approved?

Raja2
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:12 pm

Tier1 Visa

Post by Raja2 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Hello,
I got Tier1 Visa on April 14 and applied for initial application from UK.

Applied on Mar 19.

abhishekagrawal79
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Latest list

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:02 am

Hi Urgent / Cisman,

Did you guys called up HO.... Any updates..

Abhishek

krishna186
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Re: Tier1 Visa

Post by krishna186 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:05 am

Hi Raja,

Congrats !! Was your case from WP to tier 1 ? How many points did you claim and what was the break up ?

Raja2 wrote:Hello,
I got Tier1 Visa on April 14 and applied for initial application from UK.


Applied on Mar 19.

mmmsa5
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by mmmsa5 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:47 am

May be it's too early to think about 5 year qualifying period in the face of rapidly changing immigration rules. Anyway, my understanding about qualifying period is that it starts the day your leave to remain (in country switching) as Tier 1 is issued (sticker in the passport).

In my case the date decision to grant me further leave to remain as Tier 1 was taken on 3 April 2008 (Date on cover letter). But the date of issue of leave as Tier 1 (on visa sticker) is 10 Apr 2008. The thing which is bothering me is Valid untill date on the visa sticker is 3 Apr 2011 (It is 1 week short of 3 years starting from the date of issue of visa on the passport).

My question is: does the qualifying period start from 10 Apr 2008 in this case (as this is the date of issue on visa sticker)? If so, why I have not been given visa untill 10 Apr 2011?

Can I please ask the other members who have recently received their approvals under Tier 1 post these dates (valid from and valid untill) for clarification.

mmmsa5
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by mmmsa5 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:47 am

Now in 3 years time if I apply for further leave to remain as T1 by sending my application 4 weeks before my current leave expire and HO take the decision say in 1 week. Would that mean that I will be 4 weeks short of qualifying 5 years period at the end of my second leave to remain as Tier 1 (considering they start counting the time of visa validity from the date they take the decision)?

ashraya
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 am

Post by ashraya » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:31 am

Shilpi:

1. I got formal UK payslips, and I did not get them stamped by HR. I still got my approval. Don't let that guide you though, as someone else has said in their post, dont give them a reason to reject. If you can get it stamped and signed by HR, do it.

2. Bank statement without Logo would probably not fly. The rules are very clear on that.

Regards,
Ashraya
shilpigoel wrote:Thanks a lot guyies, I'll check my last P60 for Allowances verfication.

1) one more thing, here i UK I get standard formal salary slip so even then I should get it attested from company?
2) another, My india bank statement is computer generated and signed and sealed by bank. is that fine?? bcoz there is no bank logo on it.

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:44 am

Hi mmmsa5,
I got the same situation as you and I suspect all others have the same situation.

I have the same doubt as you did and who can answer this?

Regards,
Gob00st


mmmsa5 wrote:May be it's too early to think about 5 year qualifying period in the face of rapidly changing immigration rules. Anyway, my understanding about qualifying period is that it starts the day your leave to remain (in country switching) as Tier 1 is issued (sticker in the passport).

In my case the date decision to grant me further leave to remain as Tier 1 was taken on 3 April 2008 (Date on cover letter). But the date of issue of leave as Tier 1 (on visa sticker) is 10 Apr 2008. The thing which is bothering me is Valid untill date on the visa sticker is 3 Apr 2011 (It is 1 week short of 3 years starting from the date of issue of visa on the passport).

My question is: does the qualifying period start from 10 Apr 2008 in this case (as this is the date of issue on visa sticker)? If so, why I have not been given visa untill 10 Apr 2011?

Can I please ask the other members who have recently received their approvals under Tier 1 post these dates (valid from and valid untill) for clarification.

irf_bar
Junior Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:57 pm
Contact:

Hi Guys

Post by irf_bar » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:48 am

I call BIA Yesterday, the lady told me tat my case is still under consideration. Donno how loooooong it will take.

But i will ring them again may b on friday (try to get sum news on my application)

BTW who recived their tier 1 application results:- Did BIA post through register post or normal first class post.


Regards,
Irf

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Hi Guys

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi irf:
Don't worry, I am pretty sure that your application has been approved, you will get it soon.

BTW: I receive my application back with royal mail register post and I received it the day after it has been sent out by HO.

All the best to you application.
Gob00st
irf_bar wrote:I call BIA Yesterday, the lady told me tat my case is still under consideration. Donno how loooooong it will take.

But i will ring them again may b on friday (try to get sum news on my application)

BTW who recived their tier 1 application results:- Did BIA post through register post or normal first class post.


Regards,
Irf

asiar08
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: UK

Post by asiar08 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi All,

Today, I got my passport with validity of 3 yrs.

Applied : 12th march (Tier 1 with HSMP approval letter)
Received in HO : 13th Mar
Amount debited: 13th Mar
Documents received : 22nd Apr.

Thanks a lot for help and posting information..

Cheers
-Asia08

sankar
Junior Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:43 pm

anyone got approval who applied in april ?

Post by sankar » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi All,
Can anyone guide if we can know status? Has any applicant got approval yet who applied in April?

hsmp_seeker
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:41 pm

Congrats....

Post by hsmp_seeker » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi Asia08,
Congrats on your stamping....

Did you switch from Work Permit?

Also, I have couple of questions in the Tier 1 (General) Application:

In Section2(D3) question: When was the entry clearance or visa issued?
For this question, should I give the date when my WP was issued for the first time(2006) or should I give the date when my WP was renewed(2007).

sankar
Junior Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by sankar » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi All,
Could anyone clarify my silly doubt please?

By reading the forum message postings, I have understood that applicants are getting their visa within 4 to 6 weeks. Is that the lead time for applications made from UK or from India???

Thanks,
Sankar

Locked
cron