ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:28 pm

Sinspider,

Sorry to hear the bad news. And thanks for posting the forum reg decision with your application.
Why did you claim points for your Phd ? Did you not get enough points for your PG qualification ? so that you could have avoided the swedish problem
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

dost halepoto
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:27 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Applied 29 March... HSMP Tier 1

Post by dost halepoto » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:43 pm

Dear All,
i want to apply for tier-1 soon, please could you tell me that
1/ shall i send my passport with application or just documents to get approval letter frist.
2/Shall i send my degree which is equivalent to UK Bachlors degree for english launguage requirments OR i have to get certificate from NARIC for that. .
3/ Do you think 800 pounds in my current bank statment is ok OR i need 3 months statment showing 800 pounds in every month.
Please share your comments
Dost

cisman wrote:Applied for Tier 1 HSMP:

Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008


Claimed = 80 Points
English Language = 10 Points
Funds = 10 Points

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: My Tier 1 REJECTED

Post by ayleee » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:01 pm

Hello Sinspider,
i am really sorry to hear that they rejected your aplication for tier 1. The reason they have given for rejection is not valid, if the online calculator on the bia website can verify the university , then why dont they phone the swedish university and confirm your details with them.

what is pissing me off is that the home office is looking at the quality of the paper on which the degree is being awarded, rather than calling the university to verify it.
so does this mean one can just print out a degree at home on a really high quality paper and the incompetent case worker will approve it because he/she will like the look and feel of it.

sinspider could you please tell us your reference number as mine and ashraya's case was filed in the same time frame as yours.
i am getting worried now about the level of competency of the caseworkers , my SEGS visa has expired on the 20th of march and i already had so much trouble trying to convince my employer that i am still entitled to work if my case is with the home office. i have heard so many stupid reasons recently for rejection that i am starting to get worried , if they reject my case i will have to go back home :( and reapply from there.

Ashraya , have you heard any thing from the home office , i have tried calling them nearly every 3rd day hoping that some one different may pick up the phone and tell me some thing about my case but no luck at all. All i get to listen is that they cannot give any information on Tier-1 Application other than the fact that they have recieved it.

Keep posting .
Regards
Ayleee
sinspider wrote:Hi guys,
I have a very bad news to share. I got the decision from the Home Office today. They rejected my application saying that the document I provided was insufficient to prove that I had enough qualifications. They also said I .................

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: My Tier 1 REJECTED

Post by Gob00st » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi Ayleee:
I am getting worried as well.I got the same situation,if they reject my case, I have to reapply as well :(

Ayleee, could you please let us know what else rejection reason for Tier 1 application have you heard recently?

Regards,

Gob00st
ayleee wrote:Hello Sinspider,
i am really sorry to hear that they rejected your aplication for tier 1. The reason they have given for rejection is not valid, if the online calculator on the bia website can verify the university , then why dont they phone the swedish university and confirm your details with them.

what is pissing me off is that the home office is looking at the quality of the paper on which the degree is being awarded, rather than calling the university to verify it.
so does this mean one can just print out a degree at home on a really high quality paper and the incompetent case worker will approve it because he/she will like the look and feel of it.

sinspider could you please tell us your reference number as mine and ashraya's case was filed in the same time frame as yours.
i am getting worried now about the level of competency of the caseworkers , my SEGS visa has expired on the 20th of march and i already had so much trouble trying to convince my employer that i am still entitled to work if my case is with the home office. i have heard so many stupid reasons recently for rejection that i am starting to get worried , if they reject my case i will have to go back home :( and reapply from there.

Ashraya , have you heard any thing from the home office , i have tried calling them nearly every 3rd day hoping that some one different may pick up the phone and tell me some thing about my case but no luck at all. All i get to listen is that they cannot give any information on Tier-1 Application other than the fact that they have recieved it.

Keep posting .
Regards
Ayleee
sinspider wrote:Hi guys,
I have a very bad news to share. I got the decision from the Home Office today. They rejected my application saying that the document I provided was insufficient to prove that I had enough qualifications. They also said I .................

sinspider
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by sinspider » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Guys,
As I said I applied on 13th March and got a reference number on 19th. What the Home Office people told me was that if your application is to be rejected by a case worker, you will hear the news faster. So all those guys who applied before me or around the same time as me and if you have not heard anything as yet, you should feel good because probably your application has gone through.

Thank you all guys for the concern on the rejection of my Tier-1. But the news is not all that devastating because I still have a work permit here. I just thought of avoiding the problem of renewing the permit every year or so.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU GUYS. If anyone needs any further information on what documents I have submitted, please feel free to ask. I am more than happy to help you be successful in your applications

sinspider
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: My Tier 1 REJECTED

Post by sinspider » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi Ayleee,

I am 1000% sure this Tier-1 thing is a pure business oriented money making idea. Otherwise, how will they sponsor the London Olympics :)

They clearly told me that for no application they would contact the applicant to provide additional documentation. They will simply send a rejection letter. They will not contact you either by phone or letter before rejection either. What a joke! After taking 750 GBP they should at least give a chance for the applicant to strengthen the case if necessary.

In the Online Calculator they said a Swedish degree was acceptable as comparable to UK degree and as English Proof. I provided them with the email, phone and fax numbers of the officials in Sweden. But they said they cannot do that because if they do it for one case, they will have to do it for all cases.



ayleee wrote:Hello Sinspider,
i am really sorry to hear that they rejected your aplication for tier 1. The reason they have given for rejection is not valid, if the online calculator on the bia website can verify the university , then why dont they phone the swedish university and confirm your details with them.

what is pissing me off is that the home office is looking at the quality of the paper on which the degree is being awarded, rather than calling the university to verify it.
so does this mean one can just print out a degree at home on a really high quality paper and the incompetent case worker will approve it because he/she will like the look and feel of it.

Ayleee

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Dear sinspider

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:27 pm

Sinspider,

You mean to say that your application has been rejected based on the English language requirement ? Or Educational qualifications ?

If it is educational qualifications, why did you claim phd which is printed in Swedish language ? What about your post graduation and bachelor degree, even they are issued in Swedish language ?

Thanks
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

People who applied under tier 1 and their details

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:22 pm

I just summarized the data from the forum who applied under tier 1, on which date, when they got the reference number and the status.

ashraya:
======
Date Applied :6th march
Reached Home office : 8th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :18th March ( PB2988....)
Decision : Awaited

aylee:
======
Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

sinspider:
=========
APPLIED: March 13th
RECD at Home Office: March 14th
Charged : 18th March
REFERENCE no: 19th March
Decision :Rejected 2nd April( Reason mentioned: Degree was in Swedish)

GobOOst:
=======
Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited


hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Current Status: Awaiting Decision
Decision : Awaited

getkumars:
=========

Date Applied :25th march
Reached Home office : 26th march
charged: 26th March
Reference Number received :29th March (PB3007....)
Decision : Awaited

SSTier1:
=======
Posted my Tier 1 Application: 25th of March
Recieved Home office : 26th March
Debit card charged: 26th march
Reference number recieved : 29th march.
Decision : Awaited

cisman:
=======
Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008 (.....)
Decision : Awaited


urgent:
=======
Date Applied :29th march
Reached Home office : 31st march
charged: 31st March
Reference Number received :2nd April( PB3012***)
Decision : Awaited
Last edited by urgent on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Dear All ( sinspider, hsmpaspirant2007, getkumars, SSTier1, cisman)

Could you please post your reference number (First 4 digits ) so that I can edit my previous post with the reference number so that we can have everything together and it would be easy for anyone to check and estimate the time required and where they stand.

Thanks,
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: My Tier 1 REJECTED

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi sinspider,

Sorry to bother you much...could you please answer the following....

From your below message I can understand that your application had been rejected based on the English Language requirement Eventhough your degree is recognized on BIA self assessment tool.

Did they reject your application as your Degree was prinited in Swedish and cannot be consider it as a Original degree certificate? or they don't consider degree from Sweden as a proof of English language requirement eventhough it is recognized on the BIA website ?

What I understood was that we don't need to submit any english language requirement certificate from the university or pass IELTS test etc ( For HSMP approval it was a must that u should submit a letter from the University or Pass IELTs etc... ) if our degree is recognized on the BIA self assessment tool and submit original degree certificate as a proof with the Application.

is my understanding right ?

Hi All, how did you calim your English Language requirement ? Is it just your original degree which is recognized on the BIA website or you also submitted a letter from the University ?

Thanks,
sinspider wrote:Hi Ayleee,

I am 1000% sure this Tier-1 thing is a pure business oriented money making idea. Otherwise, how will they sponsor the London Olympics :)

They clearly told me that for no application they would contact the applicant to provide additional documentation. They will simply send a rejection letter. They will not contact you either by phone or letter before rejection either. What a joke! After taking 750 GBP they should at least give a chance for the applicant to strengthen the case if necessary.

In the Online Calculator they said a Swedish degree was acceptable as comparable to UK degree and as English Proof. I provided them with the email, phone and fax numbers of the officials in Sweden. But they said they cannot do that because if they do it for one case, they will have to do it for all cases.



ayleee wrote:Hello Sinspider,
i am really sorry to hear that they rejected your aplication for tier 1. The reason they have given for rejection is not valid, if the online calculator on the bia website can verify the university , then why dont they phone the swedish university and confirm your details with them.

what is pissing me off is that the home office is looking at the quality of the paper on which the degree is being awarded, rather than calling the university to verify it.
so does this mean one can just print out a degree at home on a really high quality paper and the incompetent case worker will approve it because he/she will like the look and feel of it.

Ayleee
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Applied 29 March... HSMP Tier 1

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi dost,

Answers for your queries are:

Ans 1: You should send all the documents including Passport also along with your Tier 1 application as it works in single phase(not like HSMP, which works in two phases approval and stamping), you will get approval and also stamping at the same time.

Ans 2: You should send your Original Degree certificate with Tier 1 Application for English language requirement provided it is recognized on the self assessment tool on the BIA webiste. If it is not recognzied on the BIA website self assessment tool then u need to get a letter from the NARIC and/or letter from your university that your degree was taught in English/ Pass IELTS ....etc

Ans 3: You need 800 pounds every month for the past 3 months if you are living in UK for the past 12 months( I also heard that the bank shouldn't have gone down 800 pounds for the past 3 months ) Please read the documents on BIA webiste

Regards,

dost halepoto wrote:Dear All,
i want to apply for tier-1 soon, please could you tell me that
1/ shall i send my passport with application or just documents to get approval letter frist.
2/Shall i send my degree which is equivalent to UK Bachlors degree for english launguage requirments OR i have to get certificate from NARIC for that. .
3/ Do you think 800 pounds in my current bank statment is ok OR i need 3 months statment showing 800 pounds in every month.
Please share your comments
Dost

cisman wrote:Applied for Tier 1 HSMP:

Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008


Claimed = 80 Points
English Language = 10 Points
Funds = 10 Points
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

wp2tier1
Junior Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by wp2tier1 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:03 pm

Hi Sinspider,

Sorry to hear about rejection of your application but nothing to worry as you are well on your way to ILR with work permit.

Hi All,

I will be sending my application very soon.Can people who have already applied guide me a bit on following minor points:

1.My wife's name is not included on my passport. Is that a problem?

2.Do I need to send marriage certificate to prove my marriage? Its not mentioned anywhere that we need this. And she has already got dependant visa as my spouse on my work permit(which has been extended twice in UK).

3.On the application form they ask for 'Home office reference number'. What number is it? Is it reference number on work permit(this number doesnt fit the number of boxes on the form, its too long) or is it some number on my visa?

4.At another place they ask visa number.Is it VAF number on the visa or number at top right hand corner of visa?

5.Previous earnings are considered before tax. Now salary slips will show the gross salary(as well as salary after tax deduction) but bank statement will only show salary after tax deduction(salary credits).So gross salary is actually only on one evidence and we claim points based on that. is that OK?

Thanks and good luck to all waiting for decision.

getkumars
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by getkumars » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:17 am

My reference number
PB3007...

getkumars
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by getkumars » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:22 am

Hi Sinspider,

Sorry to hear about your case.There are few companies around and they sponsor work permits.One of my friend is working through one such company.In case you need some information do let me know.

ashraya
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 am

Post by ashraya » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:22 am

wp2tier1:

1. My wife's name was not included in my passport either, but my name is mentioned in her passport, as it was applied later. Not sure this makes any difference. Don't fret over it.

2. I am not sure where I read this, but I am pretty sure Marriage certificate was mentioned as a requirement. (Check the dependants application form, check list of documents, which is where I believe it is mentioned) Do send it.

3. The Home office Reference number is what is on your work permit. In my case it did fit the application form boxes.

4. Visa number at the top right corner of the visa.

5. Sal - you are OK. The Bank statements are for corroboration. Which means that if the sal slip says xx is the net earned, and that is what is seen in the bank statement, the gross is valid. I did ask about this before my application.

Ashraya

wp2tier1 wrote:Hi Sinspider,

Sorry to hear about rejection of your application but nothing to worry as you are well on your way to ILR with work permit.

Hi All,

I will be sending my application very soon.Can people who have already applied guide me a bit on following minor points:

1.My wife's name is not included on my passport. Is that a problem?

2.Do I need to send marriage certificate to prove my marriage? Its not mentioned anywhere that we need this. And she has already got dependant visa as my spouse on my work permit(which has been extended twice in UK).

3.On the application form they ask for 'Home office reference number'. What number is it? Is it reference number on work permit(this number doesnt fit the number of boxes on the form, its too long) or is it some number on my visa?

4.At another place they ask visa number.Is it VAF number on the visa or number at top right hand corner of visa?

5.Previous earnings are considered before tax. Now salary slips will show the gross salary(as well as salary after tax deduction) but bank statement will only show salary after tax deduction(salary credits).So gross salary is actually only on one evidence and we claim points based on that. is that OK?

Thanks and good luck to all waiting for decision.

ashraya
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 am

Any body else with Laminated certificates?

Post by ashraya » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:29 am

Guys:

All my certificates, like degree original / Marriage certificate etc., are all laminated. (It was a great fad in India to laminate certs so that they would not be damaged a few years back).

While the HO has not raised any objections to that previously during my work permit application, I did have a problem getting the Drivers license office to accept my marriage certificate as proof of name change for my wife. The DVLA would not accept it, and said they could only issue license for her in her maiden name. (She refused to get a license after a protracted battle!!)

Does anyone here know if the HO has a problem with laminated certificates?

Regards,
Ashraya

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

oops ...i think its not a problem

Post by urgent » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:03 am

Hi Ashraya,

Even my certificates(Masters, bachelor, marraige certificate ) are also laminated. I got my work permit with laminated certificates only. I think it won't be a problem with laminated certificates.....In india even the Govt issuing certificates like PAN number/Driving lincense with lamination.

And I would like stress on this point as most of the HSMP/Tier 1 applications are from India and you would see most of the certificates are laminated...if they started rejecting based on this issue...then they should reject for almost 80 percent of the applications :-)

Ofcourse even I am worried after seeing your post but then...that is the way it goes.

My gut feeling is that your application is almost through and expecting to hear a good news from you very soon.
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Approved in 7 days :)

Post by ayleee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:34 am

Hello Every one .... i have great news
This morning i recieved my documents back from the home office.
The letter from the home office is dated 19th of march saying that we are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved.
probably then it was sent to the passort department to be stamped which for some reason took more than a week to stamp it (maybe because of easter weekend ) .
my passport got stamped on the 1st of April and i recieved the documents today on the 3rd of April.
i had enclosed a pre-paid special delivery envelop and they sent my docs back in them.

i have been granted visa for 3 years .

so the time line for initial Tier-1 Applications looks like this if every thing is in order.

Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

what this shows is that there is a separate team handling Tier 1 application because my application was approved in 7 days as they recieved it on the 13th of march and the letter of approval has the date of 19th of march.

Ashraya hopefully your's would have been approved as well, i guess it would be matter of days before you recieve it as well.

Thank you to every one on this forum. i wish you all the very best.

Regards
Ayleee

abhishekagrawal79
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:56 am

Hi Ayleee.

Many congrates to you. I believe you are among first ones to get it ...

Did you mentioned about the enclosed a pre-paid special delivery envelop on the covering letter.

Congrates again.
Abhishek
ayleee wrote:Hello Every one .... i have great news
This morning i recieved my documents back from the home office.
The letter from the home office is dated 19th of march saying that we are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved.
probably then it was sent to the passort department to be stamped which for some reason took more than a week to stamp it (maybe because of easter weekend ) .
my passport got stamped on the 1st of April and i recieved the documents today on the 3rd of April.
i had enclosed a pre-paid special delivery envelop and they sent my docs back in them.

i have been granted visa for 3 years .

so the time line for initial Tier-1 Applications looks like this if every thing is in order.

Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

what this shows is that there is a separate team handling Tier 1 application because my application was approved in 7 days as they recieved it on the 13th of march and the letter of approval has the date of 19th of march.

Ashraya hopefully your's would have been approved as well, i guess it would be matter of days before you recieve it as well.

Thank you to every one on this forum. i wish you all the very best.

Regards
Ayleee

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by urgent » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:48 am

Hi aylee,

First of all congratulations on your successful application. I was expecting yours/ashraya's application will be approved first.

So first good news is from u then. Thanks for updating the forum with your success.

After seeing couple of approvals we can estimate the processing time for the tier 1 applications. Anyway now I can guess it is approximately 3 to 4 weeks.

Regards,
ayleee wrote:Hello Every one .... i have great news
This morning i recieved my documents back from the home office.
The letter from the home office is dated 19th of march saying that we are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved.
probably then it was sent to the passort department to be stamped which for some reason took more than a week to stamp it (maybe because of easter weekend ) .
my passport got stamped on the 1st of April and i recieved the documents today on the 3rd of April.
i had enclosed a pre-paid special delivery envelop and they sent my docs back in them.

i have been granted visa for 3 years .

so the time line for initial Tier-1 Applications looks like this if every thing is in order.

Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

what this shows is that there is a separate team handling Tier 1 application because my application was approved in 7 days as they recieved it on the 13th of march and the letter of approval has the date of 19th of march.

Ashraya hopefully your's would have been approved as well, i guess it would be matter of days before you recieve it as well.

Thank you to every one on this forum. i wish you all the very best.

Regards
Ayleee
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

urgent
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by urgent » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi Abhishek,

Even I applied on 31st March '08. I also enclosed a pre paid special delivery envelop along with the application. I hope they will understand by seeing the special delivery cover that they need to post to that address. But we need to write our return address on the enclosed cover.

It is always good to mention in the covering letter about that.But I didn't mention about it.

Did you apply already or planning to apply ? if already applied please post your details also...like when it is posted, when it is charged, when you got the reference number etc...



abhishekagrawal79 wrote:Hi Ayleee.

Many congrates to you. I believe you are among first ones to get it ...

Did you mentioned about the enclosed a pre-paid special delivery envelop on the covering letter.

Congrates again.
Abhishek
ayleee wrote:Hello Every one .... i have great news
This morning i recieved my documents back from the home office.
The letter from the home office is dated 19th of march saying that we are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved.
probably then it was sent to the passort department to be stamped which for some reason took more than a week to stamp it (maybe because of easter weekend ) .
my passport got stamped on the 1st of April and i recieved the documents today on the 3rd of April.
i had enclosed a pre-paid special delivery envelop and they sent my docs back in them.

i have been granted visa for 3 years .

so the time line for initial Tier-1 Applications looks like this if every thing is in order.

Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

what this shows is that there is a separate team handling Tier 1 application because my application was approved in 7 days as they recieved it on the 13th of march and the letter of approval has the date of 19th of march.

Ashraya hopefully your's would have been approved as well, i guess it would be matter of days before you recieve it as well.

Thank you to every one on this forum. i wish you all the very best.

Regards
Ayleee
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

irf_bar
Junior Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:57 pm
Contact:

hello guys

Post by irf_bar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:10 pm

I APPLIED ON THE 15MARCH 08 THROUGH ROYAL MAIL AND APPLICATION RECEIVED TO HO ON 16MARCH, GOT THE CONFIMATION NUMBER ON 19MARCH, BUT I PAID THROUGH DEBIT CARD.AMOUNT WAS DEDUCTED ON 17MARCH.

THE LETTERS SAYS WAIT FOR 28 DAYS...

DONNO HOW LONGGGG IT TAKE?

REGARDS.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:30 am
Location: UK
Mood:

UK Tier 1 - Applying From India

Post by Jedi001 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Hello Friends,

I have few questions regarding Tier 1 application as I planning to apply, could someone please help me out with these questions:


1. Maintenance fund: I am confused about Maintenance fund, Do I have to keep 800 Pounds in my bank account for the period of 3 months or Do I need 2800 pounds for the same period? Or 2800 pounds is amount which I have to show when I apply for visa clearance. Please advise.

2. Dependants Visa: I am married and I want to apply for me & my wife together though I would like to visit UK first so that I can get settled over there and then my wife will join me. I have checked lot of immigration forums and there I have learnt that few people got their Entry Clearance rejected because the Case Worker thought that "the person doesn't wants to make UK as their home". Please suggest what should be best possible option for me.

And if I have to take my wife with me then what would be the amount which I have to show in my bank account to get the visa approved?

3. NARIC Certificate: I have passed my Bachelors degree from Bangalore university. I have checked the http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk website wherein Bangalore University is listed in their database. Do I really need a NARIC certificate to prove my English proficiency?

For the moment I have these many questions only. I would really appreciate if you could please advise me on the above questions.

Kind Regards,

Jedi001

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by ayleee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Hello abhishekagrawal79

Thank you very much. yeah it was scary to be one of the first to have applied with out knowing any time lines and process details.
But Thank God every thing fell in place accordingly.

No i did not mention any thing about the prepaid special delivery envelop in my covering letter, i only decided to include it when i was on the counter at the post office sending my docs to the home office.
i guess i saved thier money on post :p

thanx again.
keep posting
regards
Ayleee


abhishekagrawal79 wrote:Hi Ayleee.

Many congrates to you. I believe you are among first ones to get it ...

Did you mentioned about the enclosed a pre-paid special delivery envelop on the covering letter.

Congrates again.
Abhishek

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by ayleee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:34 pm

Thanx Urgent
yes i believe the first stage in Tier-1 for approval is very fast at this moment in time , as there is a completely seperate team handling that , so there queue is not overloaded , its the second stage for stamping the passport after the approval is taking a bit of time.

i wont be surprized to see this time line increase in the next 2 months.
as more and more people apply under the new Tier-1

Regards
Ayleee
urgent wrote:Hi aylee,

First of all congratulations on your successful application. I was expecting yours/ashraya's application will be approved first.

So first good news is from u then. Thanks for updating the forum with your success.

After seeing couple of approvals we can estimate the processing time for the tier 1 applications. Anyway now I can guess it is approximately 3 to 4 weeks.

Regards,

Locked
cron