ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
ashraya
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 am

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by ashraya » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:42 pm

Aylee:

Thats great, Congrats. For some reason, you recd the reference number also a few days before me, even though I applied earlier. So, the trend continues... Hopefully, I will hear in the next few days. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ashraya
ayleee wrote:Hello Every one .... i have great news
This morning i recieved my documents back from the home office.
The letter from the home office is dated 19th of march saying that we are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved. ....

i have been granted visa for 3 years .
......

Regards
Ayleee

ashraya
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 am

Special Delivery envelope???

Post by ashraya » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Guys:

I see quite a few people (including aylee, who got it approved) mentioning Special delivery envelope for returning the docs. I did not see such a thing mentioned, and did not include one - is this cause for concern?

Regards,
Ashraya

abhishekagrawal79
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi Ayleee,

Thanks for the quick reply. I havn't applied yet but planning to apply in couple of weeks. I have couple of more questions, if you can please answer those as well.

1. I am planning to apply for my wife as well. but her name is not there on the passport. She is with me on dependent visa in UK. I am attaching our Marriage Certificate. Will that be ok?

2. Secondly did you provided you marksheets as well along with the degree.

3. Do we need to include tax return papers also since my gross salary is different from my net salary which is deposited in bank. or bank statement with net salary and payslips mentioning both gross and net salary would do.

4. Did you attached any excel sheet so something to mentioned which transaction in the bank statement corresponds to salary deposits. or highlighted them in the bank statements.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Abhishek

abhishekagrawal79
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi Urgent,

Thanks for the reply. I havn't applied yet but planning to apply in couple of weeks. I have couple of more questions, if you can please answer those as well.

1. I am planning to apply for my wife as well. but her name is not there on the passport. She is with me on dependent visa in UK. I am attaching our Marriage Certificate. Will that be ok?

2. Secondly did you provided you marksheets as well along with the degree.

3. Do we need to include tax return papers also since my gross salary is different from my net salary which is deposited in bank. or bank statement with net salary and payslips mentioning both gross and net salary would do.

4. Did you attached any excel sheet so something to mentioned which transaction in the bank statement corresponds to salary deposits. or highlighted them in the bank statements.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by Gob00st » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Ayleee,Congrats! Thanks for bringing the great news to this thread.

I've just phoned HO query my application, still under consideration...
But my application is supposed to be processed after yours, Ashraya’s and probably after hsmpaspirant2007's as well.

I think Ashraya will probably receive its decision within this week, fingers crossed for everyone! Wish the best for all!

Gob00st

ayleee wrote:Hello Every one .... i have great news
This morning i recieved my documents back from the home office.
The letter from the home office is dated 19th of march saying that we are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved.
probably then it was sent to the passort department to be stamped which for some reason took more than a week to stamp it (maybe because of easter weekend ) .
my passport got stamped on the 1st of April and i recieved the documents today on the 3rd of April.
i had enclosed a pre-paid special delivery envelop and they sent my docs back in them.

i have been granted visa for 3 years .

so the time line for initial Tier-1 Applications looks like this if every thing is in order.

Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

what this shows is that there is a separate team handling Tier 1 application because my application was approved in 7 days as they recieved it on the 13th of march and the letter of approval has the date of 19th of march.

Ashraya hopefully your's would have been approved as well, i guess it would be matter of days before you recieve it as well.

Thank you to every one on this forum. i wish you all the very best.

Regards
Ayleee

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Special Delivery envelope???

Post by Gob00st » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi Ashraya:

I think you could do that, but that's definitely not necessary. Without that ,HO will send back all ur docs with 1st class delivery.
BTW: I didn't include the special delivery envelop either.

Regards,
Gob00st
ashraya wrote:Guys:

I see quite a few people (including aylee, who got it approved) mentioning Special delivery envelope for returning the docs. I did not see such a thing mentioned, and did not include one - is this cause for concern?

Regards,
Ashraya

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by Gob00st » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi Ayleee,
Congrats again! I've got a few questions for you below.

I think you have mentioned you used to phoned HO a lot querying your application progress (every 3rd day), but what exactly did they tell you?

Since you mentioned your case has been approved on 19th of March,I am wondering what did they tell you when you querying about the progress after 19th of March?

I've just phone HO, they actually didn't reject my query saying they can't provided any information. Instead, they used the system to search and the result is my case is still under consideration with caseworks.

Have you noticed any difference of their answers before and after 19th/March?

Is that ture that your query result of their system remains 'under consideration' after your passport being sent to be stamped on 19th of March??

I'd be very appreciate if you could let us know

Regards
Gob00st

ayleee wrote:Hello Every one .... i have great news
This morning i recieved my documents back from the home office.
The letter from the home office is dated 19th of march saying that we are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved.
probably then it was sent to the passort department to be stamped which for some reason took more than a week to stamp it (maybe because of easter weekend ) .
my passport got stamped on the 1st of April and i recieved the documents today on the 3rd of April.
i had enclosed a pre-paid special delivery envelop and they sent my docs back in them.

i have been granted visa for 3 years .

so the time line for initial Tier-1 Applications looks like this if every thing is in order.

Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

what this shows is that there is a separate team handling Tier 1 application because my application was approved in 7 days as they recieved it on the 13th of march and the letter of approval has the date of 19th of march.

Ashraya hopefully your's would have been approved as well, i guess it would be matter of days before you recieve it as well.

Thank you to every one on this forum. i wish you all the very best.

Regards
Ayleee

irf_bar
Junior Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:57 pm
Contact:

Request to urgent

Post by irf_bar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:55 pm

urgent:

could you please add me on this list, as im next to the hsmp...07. it helps me Analyse where im in this HSMP1.

deatails are.

Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March; PB2998....
Current Status: Awaiting Decision
Decision : Awaited

gr8 effort mate.

regards.
Last edited by irf_bar on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: People who applied under tier 1 and their details

Post by Gob00st » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi, irf_bar,could you plz update this table with your Ref No.(first four digital)?

Regards
Gob00st
irf_bar wrote:
urgent wrote:I just summarized the data from the forum who applied under tier 1, on which date, when they got the reference number and the status.

ashraya:
======
Date Applied :6th march
Reached Home office : 8th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :18th March ( PB2988....)
Decision : Awaited

aylee:
======
Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

sinspider:
=========
APPLIED: March 13th
RECD at Home Office: March 14th
Charged : 18th March
REFERENCE no: 19th March
Decision :Rejected 2nd April( Reason mentioned: Degree was in Swedish)

GobOOst:
=======
Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited


hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Current Status: Awaiting Decision
Decision : Awaited

irf_bar:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Current Status: Awaiting Decision
Decision : Awaited


getkumars:
=========

Date Applied :25th march
Reached Home office : 26th march
charged: 26th March
Reference Number received :29th March (PB3007....)
Decision : Awaited

SSTier1:
=======
Posted my Tier 1 Application: 25th of March
Recieved Home office : 26th March
Debit card charged: 26th march
Reference number recieved : 29th march.
Decision : Awaited

cisman:
=======
Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008 (.....)
Decision : Awaited


urgent:
=======
Date Applied :29th march
Reached Home office : 31st march
charged: 31st March
Reference Number received :2nd April( PB3012***)
Decision : Awaited
Last edited by Gob00st on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by ayleee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:00 pm

Thanx Ashraya
i hope that this trend continues in your and mine case and brings you the stamped passport via post in couple of days , i really am relieved i was at the deep end with my employer as my SEGS visa had expired on the 20th of march.
Keep us Informed on your time lines as well.

Regards
Ayleee



ashraya wrote:Aylee:

Thats great, Congrats. For some reason, you recd the reference number also a few days before me, even though I applied earlier. So, the trend continues... Hopefully, I will hear in the next few days. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ashraya

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:30 am
Location: UK
Mood:

Please Help!!!!!

Post by Jedi001 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:02 pm

Hello Friends,

Please could someone help me with the above questions I have posted.

Many Thanks

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Special Delivery envelope???

Post by ayleee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi Ashraya
No it is not a necessary that you send a prepaid special delivery envelop , i just for some reason at the post ofice desk thought i might send it as it will save a day or two in recieving it but silly me i forgot to note the reference number of the envelop which is the whole point of sending a prepaid envelop so that you can keep tracing when the home office has sent your docs.
regards
Ayleee
ashraya wrote:Guys:

I see quite a few people (including aylee, who got it approved) mentioning Special delivery envelope for returning the docs. I did not see such a thing mentioned, and did not include one - is this cause for concern?

Regards,
Ashraya

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by ayleee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi abhishekagrawal79,

the answers are below your questions

1. I am planning to apply for my wife as well. but her name is not there on the passport. She is with me on dependent visa in UK. I am attaching our Marriage Certificate. Will that be ok?
It should be ok. but i have no experience of this.
it might be better if some one who has applied for his wife answers this query.


2. Secondly did you provided you marksheets as well along with the degree.
yes i did my masters from the uk and graduated in dec 2006. i provided the home office with my masters degree and marks transcript. i did not bother sending them my bachelors degree which i completed from back home because i was not claiming points for that degree so didnt see the point of sending that bachelors degree.
for my english language requirment i had a Ielts score of 7.5


3. Do we need to include tax return papers also since my gross salary is different from my net salary which is deposited in bank. or bank statement with net salary and payslips mentioning both gross and net salary would do.
now this is the question which was bugging me when i was applying, since my claim period was april 2007 - march 2008 and all my earnings were from the UK i did not have a tax return (P60) as it is generated at april end , so i sent all my payslips which had my gross and net salary written on it and my 12 months bank statement, i did not bother to highlight the net pay in the payslip and then in the bank statement as i did not want to tamper or infact give them any excuse that i have marked some thign on it.
4. Did you attached any excel sheet so something to mentioned which transaction in the bank statement corresponds to salary deposits. or highlighted them in the bank statements.
yes i did make tables and clearly state that when i got paid what gross amount and when that net amount was credited to my bank account , but i did not make any highlights in my bank statements.

hope this helps
regards
Ayleee

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by ayleee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:30 pm

Thanx Gob00st.
Regards
Ayleee
Gob00st wrote:Ayleee,Congrats! Thanks for bringing the great news to this thread.

I've just phoned HO query my application, still under consideration...
But my application is supposed to be processed after yours, Ashraya’s and probably after hsmpaspirant2007's as well.

I think Ashraya will probably receive its decision within this week, fingers crossed for everyone! Wish the best for all!

Gob00st

abhishekagrawal79
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi Ayleee,

Thanks a lot for all the answers. Really appreciate it.

Most probably, I would be applying next week. So trying to clear out things as far as possible.

Can you please share the template for the earnings part. Also if you can share the covering letter for the Maintenance Funds.

Thanks a lot again.

Abhishek

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by ayleee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:51 pm

Hello Gob00st,

the answers to your questions are below

I think you have mentioned you used to phoned HO a lot querying your application progress (every 3rd day), but what exactly did they tell you?
The answer i used to get was we cannot give any information on Tier-1 applications other than the fact that we have recieved it.

Since you mentioned your case has been approved on 19th of March,I am wondering what did they tell you when you querying about the progress after 19th of March?
well since 19th march i called them 4 times, i called them on the 1st of April which was my last call to them before recieving my docs , the guy who picked up the phone said we are looking into the cases as we recieve them, give us 28 days then we can update you on your case, upon my extreme request that my visa has expired on the 20th march and my employer is having a problem he said your application is under consideration and i cannot give any information other than this.
I've just phone HO, they actually didn't reject my query saying they can't provided any information. Instead, they used the system to search and the result is my case is still under consideration with caseworks.
well Lucky you, i wish they gave me some useful information as wel

Have you noticed any difference of their answers before and after 19th/March?
nothing that gave me a hint that it was approved.

Is that ture that your query result of their system remains 'under consideration' after your passport being sent to be stamped on 19th of March??
yeah i guess so , cause they alwaz said under consideration even on the 1st of April when they actually were stamping it.

well all i can think is that because i used to call after 4:30pm when ever i tried to ring them so maybe they just wanted to get ready to go home and not bother checking... i am just assuming ......

Hope this helps

Regards
Ayleee

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by ayleee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:01 pm

Hello abhishekagrawal79

i used the standard template that is available on the home office website, since my earnings were from a salaried job so i used the template for salaried job.
here is the link to the website

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... documents/


i did not send a covering letter for maintanance , my bank account luckily was always maintaining more than £800 at the end of each day for the last 12 months so i didnt feel the importance of sending a covering letter for this. they could have seen the bank statement for this.

because on the Tier-1 form it only says have you maintained £800 pounds blah blah some thing. which i did so they could have seen it.

hope this helps
Regards
Ayleee
abhishekagrawal79 wrote:Hi Ayleee,

Thanks a lot for all the answers. Really appreciate it.

Most probably, I would be applying next week. So trying to clear out things as far as possible.

Can you please share the template for the earnings part. Also if you can share the covering letter for the Maintenance Funds.

Thanks a lot again.

Abhishek

abhishekagrawal79
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:07 pm

Thanks Ayleee,

I am only providing a letter from bank stating that the minimum balance is more than £800 during last 3 months at any point of time. Will this letter be enough or should I try for bank statements as well as it will take another 2 weeks to get.

Cheers,
Abhishek

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by ayleee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:15 pm

Even though the letter from the bank is more than enough and it is a acceptable proof , but if you dont have any visa issues like i did than i would say wait 2 weeks and send them the bank statements as it shows the detailed money transaction.
Just to let you know about the bank statements i sent , not all the 12 statemnts i sent were original's , i didnt have 4 statemets in the original format so i printed them off the internet (HSBC stores your previous statements) and got it stamped from the local branch.

hope this helps
Regards
Ayleee

abhishekagrawal79 wrote:Thanks Ayleee,

I am only providing a letter from bank stating that the minimum balance is more than £800 during last 3 months at any point of time. Will this letter be enough or should I try for bank statements as well as it will take another 2 weeks to get.

Cheers,
Abhishek

irf_bar
Junior Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:57 pm
Contact:

Re: People who applied under tier 1 and their details

Post by irf_bar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:41 pm

urgent wrote:I just summarized the data from the forum who applied under tier 1, on which date, when they got the reference number and the status.

ashraya:
======
Date Applied :6th march
Reached Home office : 8th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :18th March ( PB2988....)
Decision : Awaited

aylee:
======
Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

sinspider:
=========
APPLIED: March 13th
RECD at Home Office: March 14th
Charged : 18th March
REFERENCE no: 19th March
Decision :Rejected 2nd April( Reason mentioned: Degree was in Swedish)

GobOOst:
=======
Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited


hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Current Status: Awaiting Decision
Decision : Awaited

irf_bar:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March(PB299***)
Decision : Awaited


getkumars:
=========

Date Applied :25th march
Reached Home office : 26th march
charged: 26th March
Reference Number received :29th March (PB3007....)
Decision : Awaited

SSTier1:
=======
Posted my Tier 1 Application: 25th of March
Recieved Home office : 26th March
Debit card charged: 26th march
Reference number recieved : 29th march.
Decision : Awaited

cisman:
=======
Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008 (.....)
Decision : Awaited


urgent:
=======
Date Applied :29th march
Reached Home office : 31st march
charged: 31st March
Reference Number received :2nd April( PB3012***)
Decision : Awaited

irf_bar
Junior Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:57 pm
Contact:

Re: People who applied under tier 1 and their details

Post by irf_bar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Gob00st wrote:Hi, irf_bar,could you plz update this table with your Ref No.(first four digital)?

Regards
Gob00st
irf_bar wrote:
urgent wrote:I just summarized the data from the forum who applied under tier 1, on which date, when they got the reference number and the status.

ashraya:
======
Date Applied :6th march
Reached Home office : 8th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :18th March ( PB2988....)
Decision : Awaited

aylee:
======
Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

sinspider:
=========
APPLIED: March 13th
RECD at Home Office: March 14th
Charged : 18th March
REFERENCE no: 19th March
Decision :Rejected 2nd April( Reason mentioned: Degree was in Swedish)

GobOOst:
=======
Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited


hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Current Status: Awaiting Decision
Decision : Awaited

irf_bar:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March(PB299**)
Decision : Awaited


getkumars:
=========

Date Applied :25th march
Reached Home office : 26th march
charged: 26th March
Reference Number received :29th March (PB3007....)
Decision : Awaited

SSTier1:
=======
Posted my Tier 1 Application: 25th of March
Recieved Home office : 26th March
Debit card charged: 26th march
Reference number recieved : 29th march.
Decision : Awaited

cisman:
=======
Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008 (.....)
Decision : Awaited


urgent:
=======
Date Applied :29th march
Reached Home office : 31st march
charged: 31st March
Reference Number received :2nd April( PB3012***)
Decision : Awaited

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by Gob00st » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi Ayleee:

Thanks very much for you swift reply. According to your experience, it seems they will always provide the same answer saying its 'under consideration' even if the decision has been made. But I might still try to phone them a couple of times or so every weeks anyway.

BTW you mentioned you have provided a IELTS result of 7.5 supporting your English score. I also got a IELTS 7,but I didn't sent it ,instead I used my Master's degree that I got here in England in 2006 to claim my English score, you think that will still be OK ? Or do you think the IELTS is better proof ? I thought the Master's degree here in england is equivalent to the IELTS result over 6.5. What do you reckon?

Regards,
Gob00st
ayleee wrote:Hello Gob00st,

the answers to your questions are below

I think you have mentioned you used to phoned HO a lot querying your application progress (every 3rd day), but what exactly did they tell you?
The answer i used to get was we cannot give any information on Tier-1 applications other than the fact that we have recieved it.

Since you mentioned your case has been approved on 19th of March,I am wondering what did they tell you when you querying about the progress after 19th of March?
well since 19th march i called them 4 times, i called them on the 1st of April which was my last call to them before recieving my docs , the guy who picked up the phone said we are looking into the cases as we recieve them, give us 28 days then we can update you on your case, upon my extreme request that my visa has expired on the 20th march and my employer is having a problem he said your application is under consideration and i cannot give any information other than this.
I've just phone HO, they actually didn't reject my query saying they can't provided any information. Instead, they used the system to search and the result is my case is still under consideration with caseworks.
well Lucky you, i wish they gave me some useful information as wel

Have you noticed any difference of their answers before and after 19th/March?
nothing that gave me a hint that it was approved.

Is that ture that your query result of their system remains 'under consideration' after your passport being sent to be stamped on 19th of March??
yeah i guess so , cause they alwaz said under consideration even on the 1st of April when they actually were stamping it.

well all i can think is that because i used to call after 4:30pm when ever i tried to ring them so maybe they just wanted to get ready to go home and not bother checking... i am just assuming ......

Hope this helps

Regards
Ayleee

Tier1_Queries
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:40 pm

Are Mark Sheets to be submitted Mandatory ?

Post by Tier1_Queries » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:49 pm

Hello Tier1 Aspirants,

Its really nice to be here in the Immigration Board forum to share our ideas.

Ayleee.. Congrats on sucessful application of Tier1. I think you should be
one of the early birds to get Tier1 Visa. Others, wish you all the best.

I have 2 queries in my mind :

1) I could find reference to mark sheets being submited though original
degree has been sent along with the application. Are Marksheets
mandatory to be submited?

I hold a Bachelors degree and to be on the safer side i wish to submit
the letter of comparability by NARIC as well for claiming qualification points.


2) In order to show the maintenance of funds i recently took money
from an savings account (maintained in the UK) and put it in my
current account.

Now, my worry is, will there be any rejections by the visa officer stating
that there has been recently surplus influx of funds. ( I have read similar such visa rejections in another thread posted in this forum)

If this is the case, how about going forward in convincing the visa officer
about the proof of maintenance of funds.

Please Clarify.

Gob00st
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: People who applied under tier 1 and their details

Post by Gob00st » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi irf_bar:

Thanks for you update. It seems our Ref No. is pretty close, but I reckon urs and hsmpaspirant2007's are slightly ahead of mine bcos you guys got the Ref No 4 working days ahead of me.

Regards.
Hope all the best for ALL ppl in this thread!
GOb00st
irf_bar wrote:
Gob00st wrote:Hi, irf_bar,could you plz update this table with your Ref No.(first four digital)?

Regards
Gob00st
irf_bar wrote:
urgent wrote:I just summarized the data from the forum who applied under tier 1, on which date, when they got the reference number and the status.

ashraya:
======
Date Applied :6th march
Reached Home office : 8th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :18th March ( PB2988....)
Decision : Awaited

aylee:
======
Date Applied :11th march
Reached Home office : 12th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2993....)
Decision : Approved on 19th March
Passport Stamped 1st April.
Docs Recieved :3rd April

sinspider:
=========
APPLIED: March 13th
RECD at Home Office: March 14th
Charged : 18th March
REFERENCE no: 19th March
Decision :Rejected 2nd April( Reason mentioned: Degree was in Swedish)

GobOOst:
=======
Date Applied:14th March
Payment Taken: 20th March
Reference Number Received: 25th March (PB299**)
Decision : Awaited


hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Current Status: Awaiting Decision
Decision : Awaited

irf_bar:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March(PB299**)
Decision : Awaited


getkumars:
=========

Date Applied :25th march
Reached Home office : 26th march
charged: 26th March
Reference Number received :29th March (PB3007....)
Decision : Awaited

SSTier1:
=======
Posted my Tier 1 Application: 25th of March
Recieved Home office : 26th March
Debit card charged: 26th march
Reference number recieved : 29th march.
Decision : Awaited

cisman:
=======
Application Sent : 29 March 2008
Application Received : 31 March 2008
Payment Processed : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Allocated : 31 March 2008
Reference no. Received : 02 April 2008 (.....)
Decision : Awaited


urgent:
=======
Date Applied :29th march
Reached Home office : 31st march
charged: 31st March
Reference Number received :2nd April( PB3012***)
Decision : Awaited

ayleee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Approved in 7 days :)

Post by ayleee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Hello Gob00st

even though the online calculator says that uk masters degree is valid , but i would call the home office and tell them that i want to fax my Ielts result , they would then probably give you the direct fax number of the case worker , my friend applied for HSMP and he was succesful in doing this, they gave him the fax number and name of his caseworker , he then faxed his ielts result to the case worker.

do this , just to be on the safe side
regards
Ayleee.
Gob00st wrote:Hi Ayleee:

Thanks very much for you swift reply. According to your experience, it seems they will always provide the same answer saying its 'under consideration' even if the decision has been made. But I might still try to phone them a couple of times or so every weeks anyway.

BTW you mentioned you have provided a IELTS result of 7.5 supporting your English score. I also got a IELTS 7,but I didn't sent it ,instead I used my Master's degree that I got here in England in 2006 to claim my English score, you think that will still be OK ? Or do you think the IELTS is better proof ? I thought the Master's degree here in england is equivalent to the IELTS result over 6.5. What do you reckon?

Regards,
Gob00st
ayleee wrote:Hello Gob00st,

the answers to your questions are below

I think you have mentioned you used to phoned HO a lot querying your application progress (every 3rd day), but what exactly did they tell you?
The answer i used to get was we cannot give any information on Tier-1 applications other than the fact that we have recieved it.

Since you mentioned your case has been approved on 19th of March,I am wondering what did they tell you when you querying about the progress after 19th of March?
well since 19th march i called them 4 times, i called them on the 1st of April which was my last call to them before recieving my docs , the guy who picked up the phone said we are looking into the cases as we recieve them, give us 28 days then we can update you on your case, upon my extreme request that my visa has expired on the 20th march and my employer is having a problem he said your application is under consideration and i cannot give any information other than this.
I've just phone HO, they actually didn't reject my query saying they can't provided any information. Instead, they used the system to search and the result is my case is still under consideration with caseworks.
well Lucky you, i wish they gave me some useful information as wel

Have you noticed any difference of their answers before and after 19th/March?
nothing that gave me a hint that it was approved.

Is that ture that your query result of their system remains 'under consideration' after your passport being sent to be stamped on 19th of March??
yeah i guess so , cause they alwaz said under consideration even on the 1st of April when they actually were stamping it.

well all i can think is that because i used to call after 4:30pm when ever i tried to ring them so maybe they just wanted to get ready to go home and not bother checking... i am just assuming ......

Hope this helps

Regards
Ayleee

Locked
cron