ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Call for "Genuine Earning Test" interview at Sheff

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
kissmemissme
Junior Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Call for "Genuine Earning Test" interview at Sheff

Post by kissmemissme » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Dear friends,

I had a call from HO for genuine earning test interview on last Tuesday. My interview will be on 22nd of October at Sheffield home office .. Please help if anybody got an idea about this interview or anybody experienced ...
My application was for Tier 1 general extension which is pending since June.
Please guys ... Reply..

Thanks...
Last edited by kissmemissme on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru
Posts: 7616
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 am
Location: Brasil

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:18 pm

They want to confirm the nature and source of your income and that is has been genuinely earned for work or services provided. What else if there to say? Of course your income is genuine and you will have all of the relevant information to hand to confirm that. Or is that not the case? We can only comment on what you tell us and you have not revealed a great deal!

KASHIF830
Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 7:00 am
Location: London UK

Post by KASHIF830 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:48 am

Hi Mate,

can you please tell that how did you show your income employment or self emplyed or both.

Thannks

kissmemissme
Junior Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by kissmemissme » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:41 am

thnx for reply guys,,

i showed both employed and self-employed income.

@lucapooka, yes i can explain all the detailed work which i did for my clients.
my business is I.T. Consultancy.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru
Posts: 7616
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 am
Location: Brasil

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:38 pm

If you are mixing income from employment and self-employment it will be subject to some scrutiny. The classic scenario is a couple of grand in SE Income, perhaps acquired recently ahead of an application, and where that small sum is essential to score the necessary points (Oh, how convenient!). This will always attract the attention of the CW.

Assuming your SE tasks are the types of services that can be provided to any individual who needs that type of service (rather than something provided only to established business entities with advanced accounting practices), the caseworker will want to confirm that you have not simply made an arrangement with a friend to bill him for a bogus job and accept some money for that amount, just to embellish your income, just to score points. So, you can see why CWs are wary. They are trained to look out for this type thing and make relevant enquiries.

coolwind
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by coolwind » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:09 pm

Hello kissmemissme,

Wishing you all the best for your interview. If possible can you also share your interview experience after it's done?

vlk
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Interview done

Post by vlk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi friends today I attended the interview it was about 45 mins just asking more about what u done from starting u came to uk and more details about jobs what u done thins like that
Let's hope all goes good all the best for all

samira_uk
BANNED
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Re: Interview done

Post by samira_uk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:31 pm

vlk wrote:Hi friends today I attended the interview it was about 45 mins just asking more about what u done from starting u came to uk and more details about jobs what u done thins like that
Let's hope all goes good all the best for all
Are you employed or self employed?

rpsarangi
Member of Standing
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:05 am
Location: U.K

Post by rpsarangi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:22 pm

kissmemissme please share your experience ..
.......................................................................
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....
.......................................................................

vlk
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: Interview done

Post by vlk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:36 am

samira_uk wrote:
vlk wrote:Hi friends today I attended the interview it was about 45 mins just asking more about what u done from starting u came to uk and more details about jobs what u done thins like that
Let's hope all goes good all the best for all
Are you employed or self employed?
Iam employed and self employed

NutsForDinner
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:20 pm
Location: Sheffield

HO call regarding a interview

Post by NutsForDinner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi Guys!

i think i'm also in the same category as you guys, i received a call today from HO About an Interview. Couldn't get much information from the officer and didn't bother either as officer advice me on sending an email to me confirming the interview details. ( haven't got it yet though)

I applied on 3rd October 2013 for my Extension, and Bio Metrics were given on the week after.

I didn't expect an interview at the first place, however, would like to know if its a part of the new rules set by the UKBA on September that would effect for applications made after 1st October 2013. ( Genuine Earnings Test for Tier 1 (General)) Or is it just me.

Also, please share the experience that any one had during this interview please. I will share mine after 30th October.

Thank you in advance,

Speak to you all soon!

NutsForDinner

AUHS
Member of Standing
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: HO call regarding a interview

Post by AUHS » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:19 pm

NutsForDinner wrote:Hi Guys!

i think i'm also in the same category as you guys, i received a call today from HO About an Interview. Couldn't get much information from the officer and didn't bother either as officer advice me on sending an email to me confirming the interview details. ( haven't got it yet though)

I applied on 3rd October 2013 for my Extension, and Bio Metrics were given on the week after.

I didn't expect an interview at the first place, however, would like to know if its a part of the new rules set by the UKBA on September that would effect for applications made after 1st October 2013. ( Genuine Earnings Test for Tier 1 (General)) Or is it just me.

Also, please share the experience that any one had during this interview please. I will share mine after 30th October.

Thank you in advance,

Speak to you all soon!

NutsForDinner
Yes it's a part of the new rules by UKBA and NOT only you.

Are you Employed or Self employed.

kamranParas
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Luton

Post by kamranParas » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Hello Guys,

I had already attended the interview today. The interview went well and in good relax atmosphere. Let me clear one thing first that the person who interviewed me was not my caseworker but in some cases caseworkers are interviewing as well and they give decision on the same day but if its just an interviewer he/she will write down all answers from you and and record the audio and send back to your case worker (which could cause more delay in decision). He asked me detailed questions about my education, jobs, nature of job (in 40 mints interview spent more time on this), earning from employment and self employment, tax etc.

NutsForDinner
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:20 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: HO call regarding a interview

Post by NutsForDinner » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:50 am

AUHS wrote:
NutsForDinner wrote:Hi Guys!

i think i'm also in the same category as you guys, i received a call today from HO About an Interview. Couldn't get much information from the officer and didn't bother either as officer advice me on sending an email to me confirming the interview details. ( haven't got it yet though)

I applied on 3rd October 2013 for my Extension, and Bio Metrics were given on the week after.

I didn't expect an interview at the first place, however, would like to know if its a part of the new rules set by the UKBA on September that would effect for applications made after 1st October 2013. ( Genuine Earnings Test for Tier 1 (General)) Or is it just me.

Also, please share the experience that any one had during this interview please. I will share mine after 30th October.

Thank you in advance,

Speak to you all soon!

NutsForDinner
Yes it's a part of the new rules by UKBA and NOT only you.

Are you Employed or Self employed.
Hi All ! (AUHS)

I'm Employed and Self-Employed as well. Any other experiences regarding this Interview in Sheffield please? i have mine on 30th October. Will defo share mine when its done.

Thank you for all the recent replies and sharing the information.

Kind Regards,
NutsForDinner

tripple
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:44 pm

got a letter about interview today in Sheffield.

Post by tripple » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:54 am

hi guys i dont know what to say i applied in end of september 2013 and biometrics done on 2nd week of october and then acknowledgement letter same week and then today i got letter about to attend a interview on 7th November....i didnot expect that anyway i have to now...i was employed and self employed by limited company ... guys pls if any one done this interviews pls share ur experience pls thanks guys....

tripple
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Post by tripple » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:22 pm

guys any thought about it pls share...

tripple
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Post by tripple » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi nuts of dinner today was ur interview ? How did it go mate pls share ur experience pls mate so that can help us pls tell us on details pls waiting for ur reply thanks mate

tripple
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Post by tripple » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:17 pm

nut for dinner come on mate pls share it man pls mate......

AUHS
Member of Standing
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by AUHS » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Y you are worried man.

Take it easy and Just answer them honestly ....

kissmemissme
Junior Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by kissmemissme » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Hello Everyone,,

Since I made this topic and posted the message, I didn't check this site so couldn't reply you guys..

I think i was the first to be interviewed for this test so there was no one to guide me. It was almost 1 hour interview at Sheffield. To be honest, It wasn't easy interview. They asked me more then 70-80 questions and everything in details. I answered all of the questions and some questions i took time to answers as they asked questions of 6-7 years back history.

Please read the STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN IMMIGRATION RULES.

So, I will say they didn't leave any topic to be asked. According to this statement they will cover every single topic and also bunches of questions of each.

I managed to answer those questions with confidence and honesty. So I am not worried. But just hope that i didn't get confused in any question and gave wrong answer.

Please be well prepared and don't get confuse in questions..

I have finished with my interview and hope that soon I will receive my visa without any more interruption in my busy schedule as I am really busy into expanding my business... Pray for me guys..

I wish all of you best of luck for interview...

tripple
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Post by tripple » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:14 pm

Kissmemissme mate did they ask u about the customers mobile number or anything pls share us with details pls thanks

generaltier1
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:14 pm
Location: UK

Post by generaltier1 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:29 pm

hi friends,

just a quick query .. has anyone applied in end of october? if yes, any clue on the progress of application / interview dates etc?

tripple
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Post by tripple » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Kissmemissme can u tell us about it pls mate thank u

gulll
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:12 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by gulll » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:51 pm

hello tripple!!!
when is your interview booked mate?
I am in the same boat as your are, any info gathered by you so far?
any ways wish you all the best for your interview, hope all goes well/

tripple
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Post by tripple » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:20 pm

nuts for dinner and kissmemissme pls guys can you update your experience about the interview on details pls thanks guys

Locked
cron