ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GJ10
Newly Registered

Post by GJ10 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Hi Cadeaux,

I have also sent two Urgent treatment requests. I had flight tickets booked for today, had sent them the confirmations but still did not hear an reply or change of status.

Anyway, keeping the fingers crossed.

GJ10,

Application sent: 25th Sept

cadeaux
Newly Registered

Post by cadeaux » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi GJ10,

It's a pity to hear that you had to cancel your flight...

I think it's a mass at HO, so they even do not take any UT requests into account.
Are u aware of any other ways of speeding up the process?

Thanks
GJ10 wrote:Hi Cadeaux,

I have also sent two Urgent treatment requests. I had flight tickets booked for today, had sent them the confirmations but still did not hear an reply or change of status.

GJ10,

narsii

I Got Stamped

Post by narsii » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:25 am

I got my visa Stamped for 3 years....

Applied on : 13 th nov 2008 from VFS Bangalore
Integra : No Idea
PAssport Recieved : 27 th Nov..

Thanks for the group, all the people who shared the information available with them...

Rgds, Narsii
Always available to help the people in need....

Tier1hyderabad
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1hyderabad » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:45 am

was this a fresh application or one with a letter ?

narsii

Its my turn now.....

Post by narsii » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:27 pm

it was a fresh application for tier 1 ...

piyush123

Post by piyush123 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:57 am

Hi cadeaux and GJ10,

I had also applied for UT on Nov 20 but there is no response from the HO at all. I applied for TIER 1 (with HSMP Approval letter) on SEP 04, 2008. Its been 3 months now....I do not know the status of my application. Whenever I call HO customer care, they give the same response like 'Application under consideration'...
Cadeaux, I want to know one thing: How do you get the response from HO like your 'Urgent Treatment' request is being considered now. How do you come to know this.
Good luck to all of you!!!

Thanks.

Piyush
cadeaux wrote:Hi GJ10,

I think it's a mass at HO, so they even do not take any UT requests into account.

Thanks

GJ10,

afzalasm

Re: HSMP to Tier 1 General

Post by afzalasm » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:58 pm

Hi Vipin

Yes this is a general letter they sent to everyone. Did you hear anything yet? I got nothing. I got flight next week and it seems I have to change it. Worst thing is, there are no flights until 14th Dec then.

You pay 750 pounds to get no status back and you pay 5 pounds to get your courier company a live status of your post. Rubbish!

Regards,
Afzal
vipin vasudevan wrote:Hi Afzal,

I appear to be in your same boat.On the letter you received from them, is it mentioned that ''Thank your for your application for leave to remain in the UK made under the Points Based System''.I had applied using the Tier1(HSMP ) form under the judicial review.Just confused when I saw this letter and wanted to check whether this is a general letter they send out.

Thanks,

vipin
Last edited by afzalasm on Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Afzal

coyote
Newly Registered

Post by coyote » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:58 pm

I

afzalasm

Passport arrived

Post by afzalasm » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Just to update you all, I now have the Tier1 stamped. I sent my docs under the hsmp judicial review to extend HSMP visa to Tier 1 (General).

Application sent by royal mail special delivery : 12 Nov 2008
Fee Debited : 13 Nov
Acknowledgement recievied: 14 Nov (Letter date : 13 Nov)
Phoned HO 26 Nov and they say they can't give a response before 6 weeks (Known stuff but just tried).
Passport recieved with Tier1 (General) - 3 year leave - 29 Nov 2008

Just in time and I don't have to miss my flight now. Thank you for all friends who are posting here. I hope you get yours done soon.

Regards,
Afzalasm
Regards,
Afzal

elementv
Newly Registered

Entry to UK - is there a deadline

Post by elementv » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Hi,
In the event of being granted a tier1 skilled visa, is there a prescribed time within which one is supposed to enter the UK?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

cadeaux
Newly Registered

Post by cadeaux » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi piuysh,
HO just indicated to me that they have received UT request and took this into consideration but caseworkers will require as much time as they need to make a decision. So receipt of UT does not mean they will process the application faster.

piyush123 wrote:Hi cadeaux and GJ10,

I had also applied for UT on Nov 20 but there is no response from the HO at all. I applied for TIER 1 (with HSMP Approval letter) on SEP 04, 2008. Its been 3 months now....I do not know the status of my application. Whenever I call HO customer care, they give the same response like 'Application under consideration'...
Cadeaux, I want to know one thing: How do you get the response from HO like your 'Urgent Treatment' request is being considered now. How do you come to know this.

Thanks.

Piyush

Thanks

GJ10,

piyush123

Post by piyush123 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:17 am

Hi Cadeaux,

Any updates?

Mine is still the same. I'm just wondering that if there is no time line for Tier1 Visa, in that case HO people can keep our application for as long as they want and we, actually, don't know when a decision will be made on our application. What else can we do except waiting?

Regards.
cadeaux wrote:Hi piuysh,
HO just indicated to me that they have received UT request and took this into consideration but caseworkers will require as much time as they need to make a decision. So receipt of UT does not mean they will process the application faster.

Thanks.

Piyush

Thanks

GJ10,

cadeaux
Newly Registered

Visa approved

Post by cadeaux » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi All,

Finally, I've got my Tier 1 visa for 3 years.
Yesterday got a call from HO from the caseworker dealing with my case. She has been away for 2 months and approved my visa before her leave but nobody knew about it and my documents were just laying there.
She appologised and sent my docs with next day special delivery.
I've got my docs today!!!

The timeline:
Applied: 4th of Sept
Ref N received: 5th Sept
UT request sent: 16 of Oct, 4th of Nov, 20th of Nov
Visa stamped: 2 Dec for 3 years
Docs received: 3 Dec

Good luck for everyone still waiting and do not hesitate to ask any questions!

Best regards,
Cadeaux
piyush123 wrote:Hi Cadeaux,

Any updates?

Mine is still the same. I'm just wondering that if there is no time line for Tier1 Visa, in that case HO people can keep our application for as long as they want and we, actually, don't know when a decision will be made on our application. What else can we do except waiting?

Regards.

Thanks.

Piyush

Thanks

jacob79
Newly Registered

Post by jacob79 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Hi all,
I have applied for tier 1 at chennai VFS on 20th of Nov.Till now i have not received any mail regarding the acknowledgment of application from VFS or BHC.Do they send any mails like this?

Regards
Jacob

anirban_paul

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Hello Guys,

I need an expert suggestion please.

I am applying for Tier1(General) tomorrow from UK. All papers I have gathered.

For The UK earning I am claiming 15 and the 2 documents I am providing from my previous employer are:

1. Letter from the employer
2. Bank statement

Now, in the Guidance page 20 point 3 it says '' However, only where the dates of the earning period and the total grss/net earnings stated in the letter exactly correspond with the informatiion included in the other documenatary evidence of these earning provided, will be able to award points''.

Now fo my previous employer my salary used to get credited in my bank on a later date. For example salary paid on 4th but actually credited on my bank on 6th or 7th.

My question is: In my case employer's letter's dates is NOT exactly corresponding with the bank statement. Will I not get the point?

Although, for my current employer I am providing payslips/bank statements and the payment comes to my bank on the same day, so not a problem.[/u]

Please help/suggest.

Thanks

Paul

super
Newly Registered

Got it

Post by super » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi ..I have applied on 11th nov and got my visa on 1st dec....preety cool aye

ghulbhai

hmmm be cautious

Post by ghulbhai » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:15 am

pl. dont be so cool that you have a visa... having a visa is nothing as I have realised myself... if you have a job is what that counts... if you have one, then fine. else see if you could sail through the present crisis in your current jobs... since your visas are valid for 3 years, losing 6 months is not a big deal, but you might better watch the market conditions before quitting your company...

or take a 3 month leave from your co., find a job here and then resign...

piyush123

Re: Visa approved

Post by piyush123 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi cadeaux,

Wow...congratulations....its really nice that u got the Visa...
I'm amazed that how come ur docs were just laying thr and no body knew about that...but all well when end is well...its gud that u got visa.

May be my case is also stuck there because of some similar problem as urs. What do u suggest, should I apply for another UT?

Congrates once again.

Regards,

cadeaux wrote:Hi All,

Finally, I've got my Tier 1 visa for 3 years.
Yesterday got a call from HO from the caseworker dealing with my case. She has been away for 2 months and approved my visa before her leave but nobody knew about it and my documents were just laying there.
She appologised and sent my docs with next day special delivery.
I've got my docs today!!!

The timeline:
Applied: 4th of Sept
Ref N received: 5th Sept
UT request sent: 16 of Oct, 4th of Nov, 20th of Nov
Visa stamped: 2 Dec for 3 years
Docs received: 3 Dec

Good luck for everyone still waiting and do not hesitate to ask any questions!

Best regards,
Cadeaux
piyush123 wrote:Hi Cadeaux,

Any updates?

Regards.

Thanks.

Piyush

piyush123

Re: Rejection due to difference in names

Post by piyush123 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi viralshah,

Its really sad to hear that ur visa got rejected. Infact when I have applied for HSMP, I have also provided an affidavit for my name conflict on Passport(having 'Kumar' as middle name in passport) and degree. But that time they have accepted that and issued me a HSMP letter with the name same as on my degree.

May be they have changed their procedure now and asking for letter from university.

Did you decided something on that?

good luck.

Regards.

viralshah wrote:My Tier-1 application has been rejected after 2 months due to difference in names on my passport and degree certificate.

Passport: SHAH VIRALKUMAR MAHESHKUMAR
Degree: SHAH VIRAL MAHESHBHAI

They didn't consider an affidavit with the application and have asked for a letter from independent institution, most probably university or college to verify the degree.

Has anyone got similar sort of case? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Viral

rock_star

anyone applied for Tier1 from UK in december

Post by rock_star » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:46 pm

Hi Friends,
Has anyone applied for Tier1 from UK in december? I have applied for the same last week but havent got back any reference yet. Looks like HO case workers are on vacation!!

intgral

Post by intgral » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:39 pm

I sent mine today.

kumarcvi
Newly Registered

Visa received

Post by kumarcvi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:45 am

Hi, I have received my visa today.

Passport sent: 18th Nov
Passport received: 8th Dec
Visa stamped for 3 years

But home office person who sent my visa did a ridiculous thing that he did not put mention name on top of envelope and had put post code wrongly but some how i have got it. Everything was proper in my apps as the confirmation was sent on right address.

-Kumar

saga_vishal
Newly Registered

Post by saga_vishal » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:55 am

which VFS did you apply to i think BHC new delhi takes a lot of time . VFS bangalore hyderabad and mumbai applications are getting processed in 20 days nowadays

GJ10
Newly Registered

Post by GJ10 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:31 am

Hi Piyush123,

Have you received any reply. I am still on the same status.

Is there anybody else on the forum with application outstanding from SEPTEMBER or BEFORE ??

Application Sent: 25th Sept

Regards,

GJ10

LondonGuy

Post by LondonGuy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:39 pm

Dear friends

Do homeoffice sent the documents back by first class post or recorded delivery for the applicant who applied inside UK?

Cheers