ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

egoode
Newly Registered

Post by egoode » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:20 pm

I only found this site after my application was submitted. Maybe I could have done it myself rather than pay a company. Anyway I don't know the breakdown of when things got processed as the company I went through did all that.

9th June - Application sent
11th July - Decision made and docs returned

Was an in country application (on WHV). So glad I can now stay indefinitely.

Emma

schin
Newly Registered

got ref no

Post by schin » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:27 am

my timelines

app received by HO on 28 June via special delivery
Reference no given 18 July

now the long wait...

schin

schin
Newly Registered

decision

Post by schin » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:48 am

decision made 24 july.

i wonder what decision is.

schin

niruv

still didn't get the ref no

Post by niruv » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:50 pm

app received by HO on 07-jul-2006
Still waiting for reference no

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:19 am

My timelines:

app received by HO on Jun 26th
get ref no by phone on July 17th
allocated to case worker on July 24th

now waiting for the final decision.

dixitv
Newly Registered

Approval

Post by dixitv » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:18 pm

Folks,

I AM VERY MUCH THANKFUL TO THIS FORUM. IT WAS A GREAT GREAT HELP.

My timelines are,

Application received by HO 26-Jun-06
Reference number - 10-Jul-06
Decision letter dated - 27-Jul-06
Got letter & docs - 29-Jul-06

msudhakarreddi
Newly Registered

Post by msudhakarreddi » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:04 am

SBS wrote:Hi Reddy as,
Have you received any reply from HO?
All the Best-SBS
No,not yet.I am thinking of calling to the HO.Does the HO team respond to me,regarding my application?

schin
Newly Registered

Post by schin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:36 pm

Got my HSMP application approved!!!!!!

Here are my timelines again

App delivered to Sheffield on 28 June 2006
Got ref number 17 July 2006 : 0780XX
Decision made 24 July 2006
Got letter and documents today 2 August 2006

Now I can start looking for EC.
I wish to thank you all on this forum for your valuable advise which helped me to compile my application.

thanks and regards
schin

nikhil

Post by nikhil » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:50 pm

My lawyer submitted my application on 26th July and when she contacted HO today to inquire about ref number they told her that HO is experiencing delays while entereing data in the database and would be able to allocate a reference number after 1-2 weeks!

Has anyone being told the same by HO? :roll:

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:35 pm

nikhil wrote:My lawyer submitted my application on 26th July and when she contacted HO today to inquire about ref number they told her that HO is experiencing delays while entereing data in the database and would be able to allocate a reference number after 1-2 weeks!

Has anyone being told the same by HO? :roll:
That's correct. HO is changing their charging department to use Siemens and that cause a backlog. I received an email from HO about this. Just to put that in perspective, my application timeline is:

App. received: 07/31
CC charged: 08/01
Ref no.: nothing yet...

Seems like any application send prior to July is faster since they have not change their charging department, thus the applicants in that timeframe received the ref. number much faster.

hsmpaspire
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspire » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:05 am

Application sent:11th July
Payment cleared:17th July
Refernce received:28th July
Approval received :D :12th August

All the Best

span
Newly Registered

processing time

Post by span » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:54 pm

Application recd: 21-July
CC charged: 24-Jul
Ref # Recd : 31-Jul (079xxx)

Called up today: Still not sent to case worker - even after 14 days of providing ref #. Don't know how long i have to wait. Fingers crossed.

Can anyone advise if IN Country applications are responded faster than OUT Country applications. What is the processing times being faced by others.

Sanjay

try_hsmp
Newly Registered

Processing time - August

Post by try_hsmp » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:39 pm

Applied: 28th July
Charged CC: 30 July
Reference Number received through Phone: 10th aug
Till today(15th Aug) no case worker assigned to my HSMP.

I faxed the Urgent treatment form couple of days before and till not appeared in their database....

Could any body give some suggestions to make it up faster....

maar

Post by maar » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:56 pm

I don't see any difference between IN country or OUT..

I'm an IN country applicant.

I have applied on Jun 25, yet to get decision, but people who applied on July 21st got documents back on 12th Aug... very funny.

I have called them 3 weeks back, they said it is in final stage and will be completed in few more days.

Again called last week tuesday, they said decision has been made but they have to double check and will take hardly few days...

Today I called, they said the application is under consideration with case worker, nothing happend till now.... called again, got different person on phone, but still same reply...and will take 3 months... I lost my mind.

I wonder what is going on with my application..

Being in UK for more than 2 yrs, I see that every office in UK including home office work like this.... and many other to name... broadband services, mobile services, NHS etc etc....

they don't have any processes and they never care for good customer service...

Other than earnings, I feel India is 1000 times better than UK with respect to a peacful life, in UK we need to fight atleast once in a day with some orgnaisation to get your money back or to get the service for what you are paying... every organisation including govt will always try to loot your pockets from all possible ways.

try_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by try_hsmp » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:43 am

I completely agree with your view on the processing delays and follow-ups in UK. They used to shout louder by saying customer friendly but in reality things never happen in single attempt. We are paying quite high charges to every thing like Mobile, Transportation…etc compare to any developed countries but the service is poor.
I don't find any single reason for these prolong delay in Processing the HSMP and top of that the decision is purely a destiny rather than a rational decision.

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:18 pm

maar wrote: Other than earnings, I feel India is 1000 times better than UK with respect to a peacful life, in UK we need to fight atleast once in a day with some orgnaisation to get your money back or to get the service for what you are paying... every organisation including govt will always try to loot your pockets from all possible ways.
Why are you applying for HSMP then, if you have such a miserable time in UK?

HO is a government office, same like BCIS in US. I've dealt with BCIS for the last 10 years and let me tell you: dealing with HO is FAR MORE better than dealing with BCIS. With HO, at least you can call a number where there is a LIVE human answering the call. HSMP application takes.. what... 3-4 months max? US H1-B (1st time applicant) can take 6-8 MONTHS, and that only allows you to work for 1 employer.

Just relax and keep calling HO periodically. HO receive maybe thousands of HSMP application and they're just simply overwhelmed.

hsmpaspire
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspire » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:20 pm

hey people,
with all due respects,
please dont hijack the post..It will be troublesome for all users..

All The Best

nikhil

Post by nikhil » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:49 pm

with regard to the big debate - well i have worked in india, US and now Uk. While UK is not the best and all the stuff said about H1 is indeed true, trust me on this that conditions in India are worst. I can go on and on about India and how people in government office will openly ask u for bribe (had to pay bribe before i could get my mom's death certificate) and u wont be able to do shit. The junior most clerk in the passport office can simply tear ur application in front of u w/o any reason and all u wud be able to do is walk out quietly etc etc

@topic: HO indeed is working strange. My app was submitted on 26th July, till last monday when my lawyer called HO they had no updates for her. However today she called again and was not only given a reference number but was also told tht my case has been assigned a caseworker! What is even more weird is that my lawyer did not receive any email confirmation about my reference number. Anyways, am waitin for the decision now...

Kibria

Post by Kibria » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:36 am

HSMP Application sent via DHL on 5th May, 2006
Documents receipt confirmation email received on 11th, May 2006
CC charged on 6th, May 2006
Assigned to Case worked on near to 20th May 2006
HSMP Approval letter received on August 17th, 2006

Applied for Over 28 Category from Pakistan

JasvinderArora
Newly Registered

Post by JasvinderArora » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:35 am

HSMP Application sent: 31st July
Ref # recieved: 10th August (081XXX)
Called HSMP team @ 114 207 4074 for status on 18th Aug: told that case worker is assigned.