ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision made on HSMP application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sashi

Decision made on HSMP application

Post by sashi » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:10 pm

Hi Guyz,
Just to share with everyone waiting for a reply on their applications. I was informed by the HSMP team via email that a decision had been reached on my case. My number is 115xx. I posted my application from Malaysia on 18 Jan 2004 using DHL, reached the HSMP office (after the doncaster office) on 22 Jan 2004.

I asked my friend in London to collect the original documents and decision letter and post them to me in Malaysia using DHL. However, the home office said that they would only give my friend my originals, but NOT the decision letter - as it was against current immigration policies.

I asked him if the application was successful (via email). He said that it was against policies to give a reply via email (as the email might not be safe). Dear me, sounded like some sorta James Bond flick with the enemies trying to intercept my communications and correspondence. I asked him if the decision letter could be photocopied and sent with my originals to my friend so I would at least know how to proceed after that. He said it was against current immigration policies and could not be done. A decision could not be sent via email/fax/phone as well in case u were curious (I asked!)

So, I will get my documents in a week perhaps, but the decision letter will only reach me in a month :-(

So, the misconception that the visa application company you apply through can accept your decision letter on your behalf and then post it quickly to you via DHL or the like is false. They can only accept your originals for you and post them to you. The letter is, to quote a 007 'for your eyes only'!!!

Cheers from warm Malaysia

Dip

Post by Dip » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:21 am

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Email/Fax may not be the most secure way of intimating the outcome, but I wonder why they cant tell over the phone. I dont think there is any policy that stops them. I got my result over the phone and I am sure Joseph is one other member I am certain got his decision on the phone too.

Good luck and patience!

Regards
Dip

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:16 am

Decisions are no longer given out on the phone
Where there is a will there is a way.

Dip

Post by Dip » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:32 am

Ta Chess. Cant stop wondering what the problem is for verdict to be given on the phone. Okay if the decision is expected to be received in days but a month by post ???? just beats common sense... Hope our friends on HSMP are listening!

Rgds

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:23 am

Legally the Home Office which includes the HSMP Team can only give a decision on an immigration application to the applicant or an agent authorised by the applicant in writing in the relevant section of the immigration application. There is no way the HO/HSMP Team etc can verify who you are on the telephone. Consequently they can only notify of a decision in writing - in any case this covers aspects related to an appeal process were such to be the case. They can however confirm verbally whether an application has been received and what stage it is i.e. being processed or completed. Those who got their decisions on the phone were lucky but it seems like HO reverting to how it should be.

E-mails are as a whole are not considered a secure form of communication - note that WP applications whilst able to be submitted electronically involve the use of scanning software and passwords to capture signatures and verify the applicant which is covered in the rules/ operational policy.

Dip

Post by Dip » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:47 am

Kaya,

Agree with you 100%. Just the one month wait for the letter doesnt make any sense at all. A week 10 days is understandable for any part of the world. Red tape I guess.

Rgds
Dip

Jai Jawan
Newly Registered

Post by Jai Jawan » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:24 am

I had mentioned in the covering letter that my documents be sent to my relative in UK. In such case, would they send in the Decision letter to me in India and documents to my relative in UK or....all documents +decision letter to me in India/ my relative in UK.

Should i call them up and clarify or write a mail or just keep silence. :roll:

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:05 am

I don't think there is any harm in calling them to clarify things so go ahead.

sashi

Post by sashi » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:45 pm

Hi Guyz

Some have private messaged me asking whether I got a reply and forgot to mention it on the board.
Just to give you a brief summary of my case up to now (23 March 2004)

19 January 2004 - Sent out HSMP under 28 application using DHL from Malaysia

21 January 2004 - Arrived at Doncaster office.

22 January 2004 - Contacted HSMP at customrel.workpermits@wpuk.gov.uk

23 January 2004 - Informed via email that application had arrived, stuck in backlog, would take 6 weeks to be allocated to a case worker. Assigned number 115xx

(Contacted the HSMP twice via same email from then, once after about 6 weeks and once after weeks - no response. Attempted to dial in, all attempts failed)

15 March 2004 - Contacted by HSMP office via email. Decision had been reached. They would send my originals to my friend to return to me in Malaysia via DHL. They would not give the decision letter to my friend.

16 March 2004 - E-mailed HSMP office if could get reply via email. Case worked informed me that against policy to inform via email/fax/phone. Only way was to get decision letter in post. I asked my case worker to send my documents to my friend in London and the letter to me in Malaysia.

17 March 2004 - Documents arrived at my friend's place in London that night. He sent the documents off to me next morning.

Still waiting for originals and decision letter.

This forum has given me much hope and assistance. I hope my experience helps all those aspiring applicants out there. I promise to inform you of further developments. Good luck!!

Sashi

spunk
Newly Registered

Post by spunk » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:57 am

Thank u very much

sashi

I GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by sashi » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:58 am

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letter arrived this morning from Sheffield.
Under 28 year application approved.
Asked to apply for Entry Clearance within 3 months!!!

Thanks so much to the board for its help.
Goes to show that you can make the application yourself very successfully - just needs patience and time

Sashi