ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Surcharge for Dependents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hp55
Newly Registered
India

IHS Surcharge for Dependents

Post by hp55 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:48 pm

(GHi,
I came to UK on Tier 1 (G) visa and applied for ILR in April 2018 (couple of weeks ago).
My wife joined me in UK in May 2014 and her Tier 1 (G) dependent visa was valid until 14 April 2018.
I applied for her extension however I could not figure out the correct IHS payment for her - IHS website calculated it to be £0 based on the validitiy of my visa that was also expiring on 14th April'18.

I have received a letter from Home Office that I need to pay the correct amount for IHS and my question is what is the correct amount? (I had included a cover letter with my wives application asking what is the IHS amount that I need to pay but the letter from Home Office did not specify the amount).

Can someone advise what is the correct amount I need to pay considering the Mrs has been in the UK since May 2014 , potentially becoming eligible for ILR in April 2019 (once my ILR is approved). Should I pay for 1 year or more?

Sorry if this post has been addressed in a different thread but I decided to create this new thread due to the urgency of the matter. - (Home Office gave me 10 days to make the payment and clock is ticking)

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS Surcharge for Dependents

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:56 pm

A PBS Dependent visa extension will be granted for 3 years so you have to pay £600 IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hp55
Newly Registered
India

Post by hp55 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Thank you, I did call up the UKVI customer service and as expected .was advised something completely different.
What they mentioned was that it was upto me to pay IHS charges for 1,2 or 3 years and the extension will be granted based on that. I was very sceptical about this advise and did ask for a call reference number and the name of the agent (just incase).

As advised in this forum, I am going ahead and making the payment for 3 years.

UKVI customer care has once again proved their incompetency in providing accurate information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:06 pm

hp55 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:05 pm
Thank you, I did call up the UKVI customer service and as expected .was advised something completely different.
What they mentioned was that it was upto me to pay IHS charges for 1,2 or 3 years and the extension will be granted based on that. I was very sceptical about this advise and did ask for a call reference number and the name of the agent (just incase).

As advised in this forum, I am going ahead and making the payment for 3 years.

UKVI customer care has once again proved their incompetency in providing accurate information.
The call centre is outsourced to a 3rd party.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.