ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Masters from Pakistan is not accepted as Masters in UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
T_mahmood
Member of Standing
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: Bucks

Masters from Pakistan is not accepted as Masters in UK

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:18 pm

As we know that from 1st April 2009, for Tier 1 (General), Masters would be mandatory. But applicant from Pakitsan note, most of the Masters from Pakistani universities are not equal to Masters in the UK. So they would not be elegible if they are applying on this bases. They have to do Masters from the Uk or any other recognised university which NARIC awards as euqal to Masters in the UK.
Thinking low is crime....

aboylearning
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Masters from Pakistan is not accepted as Masters in UK

Post by aboylearning » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:31 pm

T_mahmood wrote:As we know that from 1st April 2009, for Tier 1 (General), Masters would be mandatory. But applicant from Pakitsan note, most of the Masters from Pakistani universities are not equal to Masters in the UK. So they would not be elegible if they are applying on this bases. They have to do Masters from the Uk or any other recognised university which NARIC awards as euqal to Masters in the UK.
This thing SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS!

dextar
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by dextar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:38 am

I think for Pakistan almost for every university you will get 30 points for Masters degree i.e. equal to Bachelors degree. So, in this case no body from Pakistan holding Pakistani Masters degree will be elligible. This will be a major major change.

RiFF
Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:46 am

Post by RiFF » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:22 pm

dextar wrote:I think for Pakistan almost for every university you will get 30 points for Masters degree i.e. equal to Bachelors degree. So, in this case no body from Pakistan holding Pakistani Masters degree will be elligible. This will be a major major change.
That is not entirely true. Although I am not Pakistani and have never studied from Pakistani universities, I know of atleast 4 universities where Masters is equivalent to UK masters

1. UET, Lahore
2. UET, Taxila
3. LUMS
4. GIKI
Skeptic

aboylearning
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by aboylearning » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:37 pm

No they are not! if you dont believe me, go here and check yourself.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
I have double check it! They are facing out of their mind.
RiFF wrote:
dextar wrote:I think for Pakistan almost for every university you will get 30 points for Masters degree i.e. equal to Bachelors degree. So, in this case no body from Pakistan holding Pakistani Masters degree will be elligible. This will be a major major change.
That is not entirely true. Although I am not Pakistani and have never studied from Pakistani universities, I know of atleast 4 universities where Masters is equivalent to UK masters

1. UET, Lahore
2. UET, Taxila
3. LUMS
4. GIKI

T_mahmood
Member of Standing
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: Bucks

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:33 pm

None of the University in Pakistan apparently qualifies for Masters equal to UK masters, virtually making impossible for Pakistani nationals (with Pakistani degrees) to apply for Tier 1 (General).
Thinking low is crime....

aboylearning
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by aboylearning » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Yah you are right and i am 100% sure this policy should be rolled back in couple of months after they put that in place, they cannot miss that revenue generating machine.
T_mahmood wrote:None of the University in Pakistan apparently qualifies for Masters equal to UK masters, virtually making impossible for Pakistani nationals (with Pakistani degrees) to apply for Tier 1 (General).

T_mahmood
Member of Standing
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: Bucks

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:01 pm

My personal feelings are that the new changes would not be rolled back for long time, rather, I have distinct feelings that there are more harsh polices are to follow in coming years. To generate more revenue, they have already announced the increase in visa fees and other sorts of tests e.g. life in UK.

aboylearning wrote:Yah you are right and i am 100% sure this policy should be rolled back in couple of months after they put that in place, they cannot miss that revenue generating machine.
T_mahmood wrote:None of the University in Pakistan apparently qualifies for Masters equal to UK masters, virtually making impossible for Pakistani nationals (with Pakistani degrees) to apply for Tier 1 (General).
Thinking low is crime....

aboylearning
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by aboylearning » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:05 pm

Hmm you are right, it is possible but dont you think if there will not be a single person who can apply for this country, they will get lots of criticism even from within UK.
And now i think that i have to go there as student after doing my masters from a cheap uni and get some good grades, as i don't have good in undergraduate study :( and get a scholarships in queen marry uni :D
T_mahmood wrote:My personal feelings are that the new changes would not be rolled back for long time, rather, I have distinct feelings that there are more harsh polices are to follow in coming years. To generate more revenue, they have already announced the increase in visa fees and other sorts of tests e.g. life in UK.

aboylearning wrote:Yah you are right and i am 100% sure this policy should be rolled back in couple of months after they put that in place, they cannot miss that revenue generating machine.
T_mahmood wrote:None of the University in Pakistan apparently qualifies for Masters equal to UK masters, virtually making impossible for Pakistani nationals (with Pakistani degrees) to apply for Tier 1 (General).

tapindersingh
Member
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:32 pm
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:40 pm

The changes are ridiculous, this is just the beginning of their strict policies.
Let alone the struggle for job once visa is granted.

UKBAbble
Senior Member
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: Berkshire

Post by UKBAbble » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:32 am

tapindersingh wrote:The changes are ridiculous, this is just the beginning of their strict policies.
Let alone the struggle for job once visa is granted.
There are plenty of people who have been here all their lives who are struggling to find work.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:42 pm

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:05 am

Masters degree from UET LAHORE/Taxila are equivalent to 35 points.

RiFF
Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:46 am

Post by RiFF » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:15 am

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Masters degree from UET LAHORE/Taxila are equivalent to 35 points.
Yup, so are from GIKI and LUMS.

Somebody who wants to come here, needs to atleast do extensive research....I rest my case
Skeptic

aboylearning
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by aboylearning » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:38 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Masters degree from UET LAHORE/Taxila are equivalent to 35 points.
No its not! that is the problem.

aboylearning
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by aboylearning » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:39 pm

RiFF wrote:
ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Masters degree from UET LAHORE/Taxila are equivalent to 35 points.
Yup, so are from GIKI and LUMS.

Somebody who wants to come here, needs to atleast do extensive research....I rest my case
sorry ma, its not!

RiFF
Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:46 am

Post by RiFF » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:15 am

Tough Luck for you then mate
Skeptic

Locked
cron