ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC evaluation on distance education

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rainmaster
Newly Registered

NARIC evaluation on distance education

Post by rainmaster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi All,

I need some assistance here with NARIC. I hold a Chartered Engineer title from IME a.k.a Institution of Mechanical Engineers - { India } through distance education. This degree is recognized by the ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. I have applied for Naric evaluation to gauge the comparability of the degree equivalent to the UK standard of education. It is said that NARIC does not recognize distance education in most cases and this has me extremely worried.

I would most certainly appreciate if the forum people can shed some light as to whether this is the case with NARIC. In other words, i mean to ask if you have come across folks with IME experience gaining NARIC assessment. I am hoping to get the NARIC subscriber number shortly. Should i go ahead and talk to these people about my apprehension over the degree?

Please advice,

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: NARIC evaluation on distance education

Post by pantaiema » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:29 pm

Your mode of study is not relevent here as long as U could get NARIC comparability letter. For instance degree from open university UK is also distance education but it is recognised by HSMP
rainmaster wrote:Hi All,

I need some assistance here with NARIC. I hold a Chartered Engineer title from IME a.k.a Institution of Mechanical Engineers - { India } through distance education. This degree is recognized by the ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. I have applied for Naric evaluation to gauge the comparability of the degree equivalent to the UK standard of education. It is said that NARIC does not recognize distance education in most cases and this has me extremely worried.

I would most certainly appreciate if the forum people can shed some light as to whether this is the case with NARIC. In other words, i mean to ask if you have come across folks with IME experience gaining NARIC assessment. I am hoping to get the NARIC subscriber number shortly. Should i go ahead and talk to these people about my apprehension over the degree?

Please advice,
Pantaiema

rainmaster
Newly Registered

Post by rainmaster » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:19 am

Thanks, I was able to get the degree verified by calling up NARIC. I am given to understand by the information officer that the Govt. of India had notified NARIC few months ago regarding the recognition of these courses. All they ask for is completion of Sec A and Sec B which is equivalent to British ( Honours ) degree.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:09 pm

Fingers cross then
rainmaster wrote:Thanks, I was able to get the degree verified by calling up NARIC. I am given to understand by the information officer that the Govt. of India had notified NARIC few months ago regarding the recognition of these courses. All they ask for is completion of Sec A and Sec B which is equivalent to British ( Honours ) degree.
Pantaiema

Deepakkashyap
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Deepakkashyap » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Has your degree verified by NARIC? i am also in a similar situation, I have done MBA from SMU distance education and uploaded my degree for NARIC to assess a comparability. Please let me know whether distanve education are recongnised by NARIC

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:34 pm

Deepakkashyap wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:18 pm
Has your degree verified by NARIC? i am also in a similar situation, I have done MBA from SMU distance education and uploaded my degree for NARIC to assess a comparability. Please let me know whether distanve education are recongnised by NARIC
Please refrain from a) posting in sub forums not relevant to your visa (this is a Tier 1 sub forum) and b) in topics that are more than 10 years old. Things have moved on and changed since 2007.

You have a topic in Tier 2 already, please continue posting there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.