ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Information On Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GouravSharma1981
Newly Registered

Need Information On Dependent Visa

Post by GouravSharma1981 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:47 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for my Tier1 visa from India by this month end. I need some expert advice for my wife's visa (Tier1 Dependent). My wife is pregnant and her due date for delivery is in April,2011. I have following questions related to her visa

1. I am confused whether to apply for her visa with me right now or later together with the baby.

2. In application form VAF9, there is a column where I need to fill my Marital Status as well as if my dependents will be joining me now or later. I will be crossing this option. Can I put her actual date of travel as somewhere in July, 2011 and give the exact reason for her delay in traveling (irrespective of whether I apply for her visa with me right now or later).

3. Also, can I apply for her visa now with me and put her date of travel as June, 2011 in VAF10 form with above mentioned reason or may be some other reason. Will they issue her visa with so much time gap in between?

4. From 29th November onwards, I guess for her dependent visa she will have to clear the English Language Test right?

Please help me with above questions.
Thanks in Advance...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Need Information On Dependent Visa

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:03 am

GouravSharma1981 wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for my Tier1 visa from India by this month end. I need some expert advice for my wife's visa (Tier1 Dependent). My wife is pregnant and her due date for delivery is in April,2011. I have following questions related to her visa

1. I am confused whether to apply for her visa with me right now or later together with the baby. It is upto you. It is better you apply first as your wife anyway will not be able to travel straight away.

2. In application form VAF9, there is a column where I need to fill my Marital Status as well as if my dependents will be joining me now or later. I will be crossing this option. Can I put her actual date of travel as somewhere in July, 2011 and give the exact reason for her delay in traveling (irrespective of whether I apply for her visa with me right now or later). Yes, you can

3. Also, can I apply for her visa now with me and put her date of travel as June, 2011 in VAF10 form with above mentioned reason or may be some other reason. Will they issue her visa with so much time gap in between?
You can ask for a post dated visa only upto 3 months ahead. Your dependant visa will be issued till the expiry of the primary applicant visa. So, it doesnt matter if the visa is valid now or from June 2011, the expiry will be same as your visa.

4. From 29th November onwards, I guess for her dependent visa she will have to clear the English Language Test right? No, not necessary.

Please help me with above questions.
Thanks in Advance...

GouravSharma1981
Newly Registered

Post by GouravSharma1981 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks for the reply aruni.
I will apply for my visa first and get wife's visa done along with the baby later.