ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings - Bank Statement issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

newbie01
Newly Registered

Previous Earnings - Bank Statement issue

Post by newbie01 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:11 am

I am working in UK on a WP and planning to apply for Tier1 next week. I have a NatWest Current Account where my salary gets credited. I am claiming points for earning from Jan-08 to Dec-08 period.

NatWest branch do not provide adhoc bank statements on official bank stationary. I called up the call centre and they have sent the bank statements, these statements have my name, a/c number and transactions for the 12 months.. they do not contain the date range for which statement has been issued.
Are these bank statements valid to be submitted for claimign points?

The reason for doubt is becasue of comparison to the monthly current a/c statement I get througj post always mentions the date range of statement issuance.

The Tier1 guidance document states following with respect to bank statements

[u]Previous Earnings[/u]

Personal bank statements showing the ii) payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming.

[u]Maintenance[/u]
Personal bank or building society i) statements covering the three month period immediately before the application.
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
the applicant’s name;•
the account number;•
the date of the statement;•
the financial institution’s name and logo;•
transactions

dextar

Re: Previous Earnings - Bank Statement issue

Post by dextar » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:50 am

As far as you have the transaction date and statement issue date your are safe. Its nice to have covering period on the top of the satement. But if you don't have then its not your fault. Different banks use different formats. But your statement should fulfil other requirements as mentioned in your post, and statement should show your salary credited in your account with date. So, case worker can verify your earning.

Hop this helps.
newbie01 wrote: Previous Earnings
Personal bank statements showing the ii) payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming.
Maintenance
Personal bank or building society i) statements covering the three month period immediately before the application.
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
the applicant’s name;•
the account number;•
the date of the statement;•
the financial institution’s name and logo;•
transactions

newbie01
Newly Registered

Post by newbie01 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:16 am

Thanks Dexter for your response.
The statement for previous earnings doesn't even have statement issue date.

It has only transaction details, should this be sufficient to show that salary was credited on designated dates.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 am

dextar wrote:But if you don't have then its not your fault. Different banks use different formats.
Hello Dextar/newbie:

I am not scaring any of you guys but... as you mentioned above.. its not our fault and their formats.. we have to think in point of view that if we give the immigration/case worker any chance to reject our application, he will do it with out any 2nd thought he has lot of other applications to look into..

Dont take a decison in haste and try to get all the evidences correctly and completely.. And if we cant get because of some geniune reason.. than put that reason in teh covering letter so that we have a chance to explain to the Caseworker or for appeal...

my bottom line is Dont give the chance to the HO to reject ur application.. and give the evidence in the best form or explain it with cover letter...
Hello Newbie.. Can't you request yoru bank to send all the missing monthly bankstatements at your end and its a matter of 4-5days everything is there with you.. 5days wait is better than a Rejection..

Good luck guys..

newbie01
Newly Registered

Post by newbie01 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:55 am

Thanks Ramesh.
I called up the bank ppl and they state that the duplicate copy statements will be like that only.. It will not contain a front sheet mentionign covering period dates.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:13 am

newbie01 wrote:Thanks Ramesh.
I called up the bank ppl and they state that the duplicate copy statements will be like that only.. It will not contain a front sheet mentionign covering period dates.
Newbie.. i have HSBC bank account.. i donno much abt Natwest.. But waht i understood from my Duplicate monthly bank statements is that (which i also used for some months in my applications).. they will be same as Original monthly banks statements but just a bold DUPLICATE written which is also acceptable by the UKBA..

So, if your Original Monthly statement has all the details like u mentione din the 1st post.. than go get it... i think it will just have the same in the duplicate they are sending with a DUPLICATE added

or wait for some members who has Natwest account to comment/respond... as i shd not give u wrong info/direction..

newbie01
Newly Registered

Post by newbie01 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:47 am

The orignal monthly statements have covering sheet mentioning statement date range, ending balance etc .. where as duplicate ones do not have the covering sheet. They are just pages containing transactions ..

Anyone having NatWest salary account faced this situation?

dextar

Post by dextar » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:16 pm

Yes you are absolutely right and agree with you that we should not give case worker a chance to reject our application. Moreover, I never meant that if the evidence is not enought to prove earnings than we can use that evidence. I've an account with HSBC and TSB, both has different statement formats. Thats why i said so.

Newbie01: you are saying that NatWest has a covering statement on the top of monthly statement. But in TSB they put this infirmation on every page of statement and on duplicate request they dont put the DUPLICATE stamp on each statement. Infact, there is no difference in duplicate and original.
Anyways, the other option i can see, if you can ask the branch to put the dates on it and sign it and stamp it. Then that may work. BUT it should be the last option. you should try to get a statement you recieve monthly which has everything on it.

I'll leave for senior members for a better advice.
tvn_ramesh wrote:
dextar wrote:But if you don't have then its not your fault. Different banks use different formats.
Hello Dextar/newbie:

I am not scaring any of you guys but... as you mentioned above.. its not our fault and their formats.. we have to think in point of view that if we give the immigration/case worker any chance to reject our application, he will do it with out any 2nd thought he has lot of other applications to look into..

Dont take a decison in haste and try to get all the evidences correctly and completely.. And if we cant get because of some geniune reason.. than put that reason in teh covering letter so that we have a chance to explain to the Caseworker or for appeal...

my bottom line is Dont give the chance to the HO to reject ur application.. and give the evidence in the best form or explain it with cover letter...
Hello Newbie.. Can't you request yoru bank to send all the missing monthly bankstatements at your end and its a matter of 4-5days everything is there with you.. 5days wait is better than a Rejection..

Good luck guys..

newbie01
Newly Registered

Post by newbie01 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:37 pm

NatWest bank doesn't provide duplicate monthly statements.

The 6 mponths transaction statement which I have got doesn't mention DUPLICATE just like your TSB bank.

teh branch people have signed and stamped in these statements. Please let me know if this is enough?

awaiz_26
Newly Registered

hi guys

Post by awaiz_26 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:19 am

its nice to read your posts about bank statements, i am waiting for my tier1 general as well and i do banking with natwest , i think natwest did got a weired format of the bank statements i did forwarded my 12 months bank statements along my application but as i ask the bank that if they can issue me the original coloured bank statements at the time of submission of my application they told me that we only issue bank statements for 1 year or a mamimum of 2 year, i did asked them for a 1 year bank statement which i got in 10 days time, my bank statement covers my previous earning time from 15 november 2007 to 15 november 2008 but for my maintenance funds i have to show my last three months bank statement with sufficient funds, i was supposed to show my bank statement from 12 sep 2008 to 12 dec 2008 as my application date was 18th of december 2008, my 12 months bank statement do cover my maintenance funds for 2 months i.e. from 12 sep to 12 november but from 12 november to 12 december i did asked my bank for a 1 month bank statement then they have printed 1 month bank statement on normal a4 paper with all my details and transaction they also stamped that statement as well but on that bank statement there is only my bank account and sort code not my name, as i have asked them that where is my name then they told me that this is the only format we have got and to make it ligid and authenticate the just stamped it.

so i just want to know that will that last month bank statement will work or will i b in trouble but that statement is from bank and got all my details apart from my name .

could some one please help me in this regard i will be so thankful to you.

thanks.

CH M AWAIS SHAKIR

awaiz_26
Newly Registered

please some one ans my question

Post by awaiz_26 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:06 pm

could some one answer my question please

thanks

CH M AWAIS SHAKIR

happyxda
Newly Registered

Post by happyxda » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Hello
I am in ireland. I have question about bank statement. I want to claim for period Jan 08 to DEC 08. I have my regular bank statements issued by bank monthly. One or two are missing which i will get from Banlk easily. I want to know that is it necessary that all the bank statements should be off latest date. like on regular statements , there is date of issue of statement of the regular months. DO i need to get all the statements in latest date? Also for maintenace funds, i think we need to show for one month now instead of three month. please correct if i am wrong. thank you
regards
harpreet