ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries to the Employer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sojan

Queries to the Employer

Post by sojan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:02 am

Hi folks,
can you please let me know how frequent BIA enquires with Employer. The problem with me, my employer cannot handover a personal id but the payroll and HR are having common address. They wont handover any details regarding salary slip or personal details.
Did anyone face this problem or how frequent they will call the employer. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:29 am

wht do you mean by they wont hand over any information. does that mean they wont discuss your personal info. with a third party, if thats the case i think by law they have to disclose your info to HO. i am not sure on that thaugh.

regarding the "how often they would check with employer" - nobody knows that. it really depends upon the CW.

Regards

sojan

Post by sojan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:17 pm

thanks mate. Yup, i fear they wont disclose any details. Just wanted to know how CW approaches them.. I hope it will be via a third party security and then it should be ok..
if they are calling directly, they wont disclose the info. :(
Just wanted to chk, if any of previous applicants got call to their employers.
nevadawipes wrote:wht do you mean by they wont hand over any information. does that mean they wont discuss your personal info. with a third party, if thats the case i think by law they have to disclose your info to HO. i am not sure on that thaugh.

regarding the "how often they would check with employer" - nobody knows that. it really depends upon the CW.

Regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:56 pm

Won't the third party representative advise your employer (when he calls) as to why he is calling and why he needs information about your employment?

I don't believe they will lie to your employer as to the reason of their call (e.g.- Mr. XYZ applied for a home loan and we are calling to verify his employment credentials).

Just a thought!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:17 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Won't the third party representative advise your employer (when he calls) as to why he is calling and why he needs information about your employment?

I don't believe they will lie to your employer as to the reason of their call (e.g.- Mr. XYZ applied for a home loan and we are calling to verify his employment credentials).

Just a thought!

regards

Actually i would like to check one thing here.I v recently came across this case. wht happens if the employer doesnt want to discuss the Over time with anyone as a part of company policy and the employees payslips do have OT included in the gross payment each month. so basically if you/HO calls employer and all they would tell you is that this person worked with us from this date to this date and his gross basic salary is this much £xxxxxx. Is that suffient enough for the CW, if he has been provided with the bank statements and payslips as an evidence for previous earnings.

do you recon they would have to disclose this information to HO any ways if asked??

kind Regards

Grant!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:30 pm

Don't take my word for it as I was admitted to HSMP before these verification checks became a practice, but here's what I think (as per my logic only):
Verification with regards to previous earnings is usually done for overall gross salary of the applicant rather than cross-checking every single constituent (e.g.- housing allowance, dearness allowance, bonus, special allowance etc. etc.) of the salary package. Unless the CW sees a red flag in the payslips (e.g.- severance package or expenses being claimed as earnings), I don't think he/she will request for a detailed check.

But as I said, this is my personal opinion. Others with practical experience of verification checks will be in a better position to comment.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:37 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Grant! :)