ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed NI bills and Business Management Accounts

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
mika
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:35 am

Self employed NI bills and Business Management Accounts

Post by mika » Tue May 15, 2012 10:52 am

Hi,

I am a new member of the forum so apologies for any mistakes.
I am on t1g visa expiring on 13th 2012 (3 yrs visa) and going to apply for the extension (2 yrs) in 1st or 2nd week of July2012. I am ft employed (income 19500) and self employed (14500 after expenses). I am using 12 months period from July 2011 to June 2012.

I have got following 2 questions and will appreciate your valuable help:-

1. HO requires the self-employed NI contribution bill for the last quarter from the date of the application but HMRC issues the self-employed NI contribution bill twice a year on 6 month (i.e. 7 April to 6 October and 7 October to 6 April). As mentioned above I am gonna apply in first or second week of July, I received the last NI bill in April 2012 for the period 7 October to 6 April and paid it in April. Now here is the question the next bill will come in October 2012 which will cover the period from April 2012 to October 2012. How can I show the paid bill of last quarter from the date of my application? So worried about it please help.......

2. Do I need to show 2 business management accounts from my accountant (i.e. July 2011 to March 2012 and April 2012 to June 2012) or just one business management accounts accountant (i.e. July 2011 to June 2012) please help....

Thanks.[/b]

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm
Location: Wembley Park

Re: Self employed NI bills and Business Management Accounts

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue May 15, 2012 6:08 pm

mika wrote:Hi,

I am a new member of the forum so apologies for any mistakes.
I am on t1g visa expiring on 13th 2012 (3 yrs visa) and going to apply for the extension (2 yrs) in 1st or 2nd week of July2012. I am ft employed (income 19500) and self employed (14500 after expenses). I am using 12 months period from July 2011 to June 2012.

I have got following 2 questions and will appreciate your valuable help:-

1. HO requires the self-employed NI contribution bill for the last quarter from the date of the application but HMRC issues the self-employed NI contribution bill twice a year on 6 month (i.e. 7 April to 6 October and 7 October to 6 April). As mentioned above I am gonna apply in first or second week of July, I received the last NI bill in April 2012 for the period 7 October to 6 April and paid it in April. Now here is the question the next bill will come in October 2012 which will cover the period from April 2012 to October 2012. How can I show the paid bill of last quarter from the date of my application? So worried about it please help.......

2. Do I need to show 2 business management accounts from my accountant (i.e. July 2011 to March 2012 and April 2012 to June 2012) or just one business management accounts accountant (i.e. July 2011 to June 2012) please help....

Thanks.[/b]
one a/c for period july11 to june 12

mika
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:35 am

Re: Self employed NI bills and Business Management Accounts

Post by mika » Tue May 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
mika wrote:Hi,

I am a new member of the forum so apologies for any mistakes.
I am on t1g visa expiring on 13th 2012 (3 yrs visa) and going to apply for the extension (2 yrs) in 1st or 2nd week of July2012. I am ft employed (income 19500) and self employed (14500 after expenses). I am using 12 months period from July 2011 to June 2012.

I have got following 2 questions and will appreciate your valuable help:-

1. HO requires the self-employed NI contribution bill for the last quarter from the date of the application but HMRC issues the self-employed NI contribution bill twice a year on 6 month (i.e. 7 April to 6 October and 7 October to 6 April). As mentioned above I am gonna apply in first or second week of July, I received the last NI bill in April 2012 for the period 7 October to 6 April and paid it in April. Now here is the question the next bill will come in October 2012 which will cover the period from April 2012 to October 2012. How can I show the paid bill of last quarter from the date of my application? So worried about it please help.......

2. Do I need to show 2 business management accounts from my accountant (i.e. July 2011 to March 2012 and April 2012 to June 2012) or just one business management accounts accountant (i.e. July 2011 to June 2012) please help....

Thanks.[/b]
one a/c for period july11 to june 12
Many thanks - Sushil-ACCA.
Any thoughts about the first question i.e. self-employed NI bills??? please

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm
Location: Wembley Park

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue May 15, 2012 9:14 pm

IF U have utr or Any Documents showing payment of NI2 will be fine

if u have utr than no ni2 document required

mika
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:35 am

Post by mika » Wed May 16, 2012 8:40 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:IF U have utr or Any Documents showing payment of NI2 will be fine

if u have utr than no ni2 document required
Thanks Sushil-ACCA - but the hmrc letter with my utr number i have was issued to me in 2009 when i registered as self-employed so do think its any good for HO or is there any way t
I can get an updated letter with utr number from hmrc.
And the self-employed NI bill i have will be 4 months old by the time i am gonna apply and HO requires NI bill within the last 3 months from date of application.
Please help I am so much worried and confused what to do.
Thanks alot for your help...

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:20 pm
Location: London Town

Post by AccountantMatthew » Thu May 17, 2012 6:56 am

You've done all that you can in your control mika so it's a bit of a wasted energy in panicking to be honest!

You will be far from unique in your situation. HMRC's NI bills are all sent out 6 monthly now and you can prove that you have been paying this from previous bills and you can also prove you are registered as being self employed and also registered for self assessment by providing a UTR number.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

mika
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:35 am

Post by mika » Thu May 17, 2012 8:22 am

AccountantMatthew wrote:You've done all that you can in your control mika so it's a bit of a wasted energy in panicking to be honest!

You will be far from unique in your situation. HMRC's NI bills are all sent out 6 monthly now and you can prove that you have been paying this from previous bills and you can also prove you are registered as being self employed and also registered for self assessment by providing a UTR number.
AccountantMatthew - thank you very much for the valuable advice, it’s really helped me not to panic and have confidence that I have got all the right documentation for the self-employed earnings. Thanks again for replying on the other post in “Salary and self-employed earning”.

Sushil-ACCA - thank you too, really appreciate your help as well you have been very helpful.

GOD bless you both - have a nice one! :) :)

Locked
cron