ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employeed Sole Trader T1 Ext and no UTR

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
gmopla
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 am

Self Employeed Sole Trader T1 Ext and no UTR

Post by gmopla » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:07 am

Hi,

I have urgent question, My T1 Extension is due in July. Last year i shown my income from two sources as emplyed and self employed as sole trader. I was paying my NIC for self employeed which comes after 3 months but i did'nt send tax returns because i never had letter from HRMC.
Now i spoke with my accountant he said for visa extension, to show self employeed. i should have UTR number and should have submit previous taxes.
I don't have UTR number, it never assigned to me. Please guide me what shall i do?
Can i delay my tax reutrns? or pay in installments? I don't know what do to please guide thank

Ebez1
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Leeds

Post by Ebez1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:16 am

You will need to call HMRC ASAP, as you will need a letter showing your UTR from HMRC for Homeoffice for your extension. You should have been given a letter from HMRC when you registered as self-employed.

Regards
Ebez

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:20 pm
Location: London Town

Post by AccountantMatthew » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:00 am

Do check previous correspondence from HMRC (it's a 10 digit number usually at the top of the letter somewhere). However if you can't locate it from that then call the Self Assessment helpline on 0845 900 0444.

They won't tell you over the 'phone but will send you a reminder in the post.

Out of interest when did you register as being self employed? The answer to this may explain your tax return requirements.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

gmopla
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 am

Post by gmopla » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:09 am

AccountantMatthew wrote:Do check previous correspondence from HMRC (it's a 10 digit number usually at the top of the letter somewhere). However if you can't locate it from that then call the Self Assessment helpline on 0845 900 0444.

They won't tell you over the 'phone but will send you a reminder in the post.

Out of interest when did you register as being self employed? The answer to this may explain your tax return requirements.
Hi Mathew i registered 2 years ago

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:20 pm
Location: London Town

Post by AccountantMatthew » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 am

Thanks gmopla - the only reason I asked was to check if there were any obligations regarding sending in tax returns.

I'd keep in close contact with your accountant and follow their advice regarding the filing of tax returns and dealing with HMRC. First of all though do check your correspondence for the UTR number or give HMRC a call on the number below.

All the best!
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

gmopla
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 am

Post by gmopla » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 am

AccountantMatthew wrote:Thanks gmopla - the only reason I asked was to check if there were any obligations regarding sending in tax returns.

I'd keep in close contact with your accountant and follow their advice regarding the filing of tax returns and dealing with HMRC. First of all though do check your correspondence for the UTR number or give HMRC a call on the number below.

All the best!
One thing confusing me, last time i apply my for my visa and i sent my PL sheet , BL sheet and letter from accountant, there was no UTR number involve anywhere.

gmopla
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 am

Post by gmopla » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:48 pm

I just called HMRC, they said i never been register for Self employeed. They could not find any records of my self employment! They said to register first self employee then i can get UTR number.

I am sure i registered as self employee and i have been paying NIC Class 2 for self employment

Any advice guys thanks!

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:20 pm
Location: London Town

Post by AccountantMatthew » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Speak to your accountant!

S/he will guide you through what you need to do regarding HMRC and will have far more knowledge on your affairs than any of us on here.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm
Location: Wembley Park

Re: Self Employeed Sole Trader T1 Ext and no UTR

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:46 pm

gmopla wrote:Hi,

I have urgent question, My T1 Extension is due in July. Last year i shown my income from two sources as emplyed and self employed as sole trader. I was paying my NIC for self employeed which comes after 3 months but i did'nt send tax returns because i never had letter from HRMC.
Now i spoke with my accountant he said for visa extension, to show self employeed. i should have UTR number and should have submit previous taxes.
I don't have UTR number, it never assigned to me. Please guide me what shall i do?
Can i delay my tax reutrns? or pay in installments? I don't know what do to please guide thank
Now Home offices know that most have shown Self employed and got visa

never bother to pay taxes , it is applicants reponsibilty to pay their taxes not HMRC to ask from applicants

Ho is very serious , they will cancel visa on ground of non payment of taxes or fraudlent obtainig visa , regularise yr tax affairs before extension or going to home office .


Now

emli
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:59 am
Location: United Kingdom

enterprenuer visa no utr number

Post by emli » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:02 pm

i need help. i have 2 weeks for my current visa psw. switchng to tier 1 enterprenuer but utr number from hmrc yet not received .
anyone suggest plzz

Locked
cron