ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SElf employment help( urgent) moderators / members plz help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

SElf employment help( urgent) moderators / members plz help

Post by rpsarangi » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:07 am

I am applying soon within a week time for Tier 1 geneal.My application was rejected last time as i didnt had 2 proof for my self employment.
now the documents I have are:
1. Letter from my accountant stating my gross and net income
2. Letter from accountant with income and expenditire statement telling the expenditures and the gross and net profit.
3. Personal bank statement showing the money that was deposited.
4. UTR letter from HMRC
5.SA302 from HMRC
6.Employers liabilty insurance with public liability and indemnity insurance
7. NI contributions bills

I have read some topics and not sure about the accountant letter.
Should the letter include some more explanations like

1 the gross money that has come to my account.
2. any other explanations for invoces.
3.Is balance sheet or p&L statement applicable in my case as i dont operate in a limited company structure.

Please help.. i am in lot of stresss.. please help me...

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:12 am

Dear rpsarangi..

What documents did you provide last time in support of your self employed earnings claim? Apart from two pices of evidence in support of your self employment, did UKBA objected on anything else on self employed earning section of your previous application?

I will be in good position to respond after receving your reply on above.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

please reply

Post by rpsarangi » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:38 pm

I will tell you the exact words of the case worker
As specified in the published guidance , applicants must provide an additional two different types of supporting documents as evidence of their self-emplyment being claimed.
As evidence of your self employment you have provided a letter from XXX insurance brokers that does not specify the type of insurance taken out , a national insurance contribution bill and indesignatory details print out.
The documents provided are not the documents specified as acceptable in section 142 of the published guidance, therefore earnings from self employment can not be accepted.

Last time for my self employment i have provided when the Tier 1 was refused:
1. invocies.
2.personal bank statemt
3.individual designatory print out for my UTR number
4.only the first page of the insurance
5. letter from accountant with the gross and net income
6. letter from accountant about my income and expenditure of account.

I know I did a mistake and i am trying to rectify the things.
The documents that I am providing this time for self employment are:
1. Invoices
2.Personal bank statement
3.Account letter that states the gross and net profit
4.Income and expenditure account from the account
5.Letter from HMRC with the UTR number.
6.Letter from HMRC with the SA302 form that they have sent me
7.Certificate of Employers liability Insurance , public liability and indebt insurnace.

I have some doubts after reading a lot of queries in the forum. I am asking that as below can you please help me . Please help me to understand the true need so that i dont fail this time..Your expert help is required
My queries are:
1. AGE--- my D.O.B is 29th of sept 1980. I only be able to post my applcation by 27th of sept as i am waiting for some dicuments. So at the time of posting of application i will be 29 ( so its 20 points). But they will take some weeks time in considering my application . At that time i will be 30 ( so 10 points).. My query is : They will consider me 29 years that the age at the time of posting i.e 27th of sept. or they will consider me 30 yaers that is the time when they will consider my application.

2.Accountant letter 1: My account 1st letter says only gross and net profit from my self emplyment. Should that include the payments that i have received in my accounts as well with dates.?

3. Accounttant letter 2: Its an income and expenditure of account. in that he have mentioned the gross pay and have shown the expenditures and have shown the net profit.

I am unable to understand what is Invoice explanation by the account, and the breakdown of the gross salary , tax deductions and divident payments.

4.Do i need the Profit and loss statemet?

5. Do i need balance sheet?

I operate in a self employment status but i dont have a limited company. so i think there is no profit or loss statement or balance sheets.

6. Do i need any thing else from the accountant.

Please answer my above 6 Queries.. I will be really thank full and i am very stress and tensed as i have an refusal in the first instance and my age is changing soon.so that will put me in a more employment slab.
I am waiting for you reply
thank you please reply.

I dont oper

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Be patient!

Not everyone may know the answers to your queries so wait for response(s) from those who can (and wish to) assist. If waiting is not an option then consult a solicitor.

regards

kejal_tailor
Newly Registered

Post by kejal_tailor » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:20 am

hi
i've got problem with my hsmp extention. its been rejected because of self employment documents. i've got hearing date next week but its seem difficult. so my friend advise me to repply again freshly. but my visa expired before 5 months ago so can i really reapply fresh application??

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

help

Post by rpsarangi » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:01 am

can you please tell the exact cause of rejection i mean the exact words of the HO case worker.

kejal_tailor
Newly Registered

hello

Post by kejal_tailor » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:09 pm

thanks for reply

the cause of rejection was
-they want bussiness acc. instead current acc but i applied just after 6 april 10 so it was not possible for me but i've got bussiness acc. now.
-accountants certificate had some error like he didn't put his name, C.A. regitration no. and gross profit.

so i will go to court soon but it doesn't seem so strong case.
so can i reapply again fresh application if court reject as well? my visa expired in apri 2010.

visatier1
Newly Registered

Post by visatier1 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:20 pm

do the accept liability insurance...
bcoz from sec 142 guidance 2 peace of evidence for self employed earnings
am only having
UTR letter
employer liability insurance...

any one help me in this case

thanx

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Hi

Post by rpsarangi » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:46 pm

@Kemal-tailor
Can u be a little specific to me. Did you applied for self employed operating in a limited company or sole trader. They can't ask for business account if you are a sole trader. Did you had a limited company??

visatier1
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by visatier1 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:52 pm

am sole trader

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

hi

Post by rpsarangi » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:50 pm

@visatier1

i am in the same boat ... i am using a employer liability insurance as my proof even if i am a sole trader too.. just one question for you .. are u operating in a personal bank or business bank account.
thanks

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

kejal_tailor

Post by rpsarangi » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:51 pm

@ kejal _tailor
Can you please tell us the exact wording of the CW for the rejection.
thanks

alifaroo

Re: kejal_tailor

Post by alifaroo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:08 pm

rpsarangi wrote:@ kejal _tailor
Can you please tell us the exact wording of the CW for the rejection.
thanks
you guys can provide employers liability insurance as its not only for somone to hire someone as an employee and pay him salary. But you can get this insurance even if you get someone work for you as a volunteer... and you won't need to setup a PAYE insurance with inland revenue....
Check on www.hiscox.co.uk and read the conditions who can apply for employers liability insurance.

visatier1
Newly Registered

Post by visatier1 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:50 am

@rpsarangi
i am operating personnal account..
one of my friend got refusal... based on 2 proofs for self employement
he applied again with the employers liability insurance.. then he got the visa last week...